My daughter, son in law (who is Greek) and grand daughter plus myself booked one week at this lovely hotel 21-28th April this year, mainly for it's position right on the sea front with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and the Aegean Sea. I had a front sea view room on the 3rd floor and it was lovely. Unusually for Greece, the bed was not hard at all, plain cream washed walls with blue carpet and crisp, white cotton sheets. Bathroom on the small side but immaculate with a small bath instead of a shower tray which is great if you have small children. Very friendly maids who came in every day to make beds, change towels etc. We booked half board where we could have lunch or evening meal and the food was excellent but after a few days I found a bit repetitive. The waiters are immaculately dressed and efficient and very friendly .....well MOST of them were - when we arrived it was rather quiet being early in the season and we thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere in the elegant dining room (especially Ernestino who is very attentive) but towards the end of the week the shifts changed and it got very busy and the atmosphere changed a lot... we had an abrupt, grumpy lady waiter who was hardly to be seen and we were constantly being barged past by guests from another country (beginning with G). This hotel caters for not only tourists but business men as there are conference facilities and there was a visiting basket ball team there towards the end of the week. I would certainly go there again but early season to get the best from the hotel's ambience. By today's standards perhaps it needs updating but I found it very relaxing - enormous gilt framed mirrors in the reception area, large clay pots of plants, pretty orchids dotted about, chandeliers and a cool blue carpet which is is quieter than noisy tiles and VERY comfortable large sofas and chairs. The one thing I would change next time is to have a room on the top floor (6) perhaps as it can get a bit noisy being in a room facing the street (but that's where the view is). I have rated the 'Value' as excellent as we booked through Trivago and had a good price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the island's most privileged location, it is set in the heart of Rhodes' most popular sandy beach near the Aquarium, minutes away from Rhodes city, next to the Casino and a small distance from the Medieval City, Castle of the Knights and Ancient Ruins. Perfectly positioned, it is one of the very few hotels of the island that combines the benefit of proximity to Rhodes town, for those who seek to take advantage of the city life or explore the attractions of the Medieval town, with the comforts and all round hospitality provided by a first class hotel on the beach front. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, HostelWorld and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Mediterranean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Hotel Rhodes Town
- Mediterranean Rhodes Town
- Hotel Mediterranean Rhodes/Rhodes Town