1,191 results
All reviews sea view old town opposite the beach perfect location elli beach mini bar junior suite half board an excellent hotel rhodes island bed and breakfast beach towels small pool breakfast and dinner the hotel is clean min walk beautiful island
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Hello.
Me and my husband stayed at Mediterranean july 2013, I can recommend this hotel to everybody, very clean, outstanding service, location, unfortunately i couldnt get the names two gentlemen that was working at the reception, they were outstanding...If you ever visit Rhodes please stay at this hotel, you will not be sorry. Thank you again.

Suzan &Harutyun Alacahan

1  Thank suzikal
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Mediterranean is a very good hotel with a good location, clean and quiet. Rooms are large, spacious balcony and beautiful view (front and side sea view). The food is very good, varied, but the restaurant staff is very bad.
The pool is small but adequate for a short stay.
The hotel is close to all the attractions, port and public transport in the city and beyond.

Room tip: Front and side sea view
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Valentin974
Reviewed 3 August 2013

At first I was a bit sceptical about going to the Hotel Mediterranean in Rhodes after reading some of the negative reviews. I must say however, I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly attitude and smiling faces of the staff soon as we arrived. I couldn't believe some of the reviews were about the same place! I suppose it's like when you see a movie...everyone has their own opinion and view of it. I also think the individuals attitude has to be right, as some people are never satisfied.
The food was acceptable and plenty of it, but don't expect to eat like you do at home, as it could have done with a bit more traditional Greek spices, but then some people might not like that. Once again it comes down to individual taste.
The room was reasonable but I like clean....and I think it could've been a bit cleaner. The overall presentation of the hotel was clean and the staff very friendly. It helps if you have a smile on your face as well. The location is excellent and walking distance to the town centre and attractions.
Best beach of the journey we did along the coast line was definitely "Lindos" and only 15 to 20 minutes by car.....forget the bus on this one, better to hire a car to get down there.
Very relaxing and picturesque sitting at the outside area bar/lounge watching the vibrant people go by.
Would go there again without a moments hesitation.......beautiful experience.

Room tip: Beach view always better but you may not get it. Make sure air conditioner works well!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Paul P
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The hotel has a very good location, but if I could go back in time with a time-machine I would definitely choose another hotel. The people at the front desk seemed a bit careless, I bought a WiFi-ticket so that I could access the wireless from my room, this did not work for some reason, and the fella at the front desk couldn't care less that I just threw 18 euros out of the window. So I still had to sit in the lobby with my computer where the WiFi worked just fine.. You should be able to surf on the internet in your room in year 2013 - at least with the price we paid for our room.

Our AC was pretty decent and we had a view over the ocean, the room was actually pretty small compared to other hotels I've visited in the past. The bath really needs some ventilation, when you take a shower it gets really warm in there.

Our maid did a very good job though, she was the star of the hotel.

The breakfast was a bit dull, and a small variety of different kind of food. It got very crowded very fast, their dining hall is a bit to small in my opinion.

At first my girlfriend thought that the hairdryer was just supposed to look like something from the 70's but after a little test-run with it, she was convinced that the hairdryer was the worst she had ever used. Bring your own. The beds felt like they were made out of stone and the pillows out of steel. I tend to prefer harder beds, but this was just to much for me.

The bartender seemed to know his stuff, we only bought a couple of drinks but what we got served was pretty good.

Haven't seen one sign about beach towels, but after a few days I noticed that some people got towels from the front desk. Had to pay a deposit for the towels which was okey in my eyes.

The hotel looked a lot better on the pictures, so I got a bit disappointed, the pool is pretty small and there is very limited space around it to relax and chill out. Go to the beach, even though if you are not a big fan of salty water and sand. The beach is really close and really nice. You have to pay 4 euros for a sunbed, but that's money well spent. My advice is to enjoy lovely Rhodes from another hotel.

This is a 2/3 star hotel, not 4. Peace.

Room tip: 3rd floor and up with an ocean view is the best place to get a room.
Date of stay: June 2013
3  Thank BigBear2k
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The hotel is in a good location, about a 15 minute walk to the old town and with a good beach across the busy road. The room was ok, a bit dated, good air conditioning, decent shower and cleaned every day. The bed gave my husband a sore back. We had booked half board which I sorely regretted. The food was really bad and we ended up only having 3 meals there in a week - each time we hardly ate any of it. Breakfast had a reasonable range but juices tasted completely watered down and tea had to be asked for from very grumpy waiters. First lunch was dried up meat, a hard baked potato and green beans that I didn't realise could be boiled into such a mush. Ice cream had a cheap powdery saccharin taste. The waiting staff always looked very unhappy and could be heard periodically sniping at each other. A thoroughly unpleasant experience. In contrast the food from the snack menu at the bar was very good, odd since they both seem to come from the same kitchen. Fortunately there are lots of restaurants around, but it did mean that we spent a lot more than we planned as we hadn't expected to eat out so often. The pool is small with only a few sunbeds and a partial roof and is much much colder than the sea. Most people went to the beach.

1  Thank EliD19