1,196 results
All reviews sea view old town opposite the beach perfect location elli beach mini bar junior suite half board an excellent hotel rhodes island bed and breakfast beach towels small pool breakfast and dinner the hotel is clean beautiful island restaurant staff
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We are thoroughly enjoying this hotel, with a direct seafront room which is air-conditioned and drop-dead gorgeous views not only of the sea in front of you but to the port as well. The staff are unhesitantingly welcoming, polite and professional, and the buffet breakfast leaves nothing to be desired. We're on a half-board basis which means breakfast and EITHER lunch OR dinner, both with buffet salads, breads, cheeses and then a full dinner, of two alternative main courses, which are served to you, with vegetables/french fries, and ends up with tea or coffee. The wine list is extensive and, naturally enough, features Rhodian wines. Even the wine of our choice - Hatzimichaelis Chardonnay - is by far cheaper than anything you buy on Mykonos, where we were last week. HOWEVER, don't fall for sending your laundry to the hotel! Why on earth would you pay 3.5 Euros for a handkerchief to be washed, 4 Euros for underpants, 4 Euros for a pair ofr socks and a whopping 7 Euros for a shirt?! Better by far to take it to Tornado Laundry, 29 Apollinou Rodiou Street (open 0900-2100; tel. 22410-37659) where a 6kg wash-and-dry costs 6 Euros, abd ironing 1.5 Euros per shirt/T-shirt/shorts. Great value, and an easy 5 minute stroll from the hotel. Better still, on the cortner of the street with this laundry is Kariba Travel agency, which I can greatly recommend for day trips to Symi, Lindos and Marmaris (Turkey). Their official address is: 18 Ionos Dragonou Street (tel. 22410 24650)

Room tip: The seafront-facing the rooms are a MUST, and try to get the upper floors (#5 or 6). The rooms are extremely quiet and the air-conditioning when the seabreezes fade and the humidity kicks in is a lifesaver!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank mccorquinn
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The location is good, the hotel is good but don't waste your money on a waterview room. I entered my room to be confronted with overhead wires and a construction site of the building across the road for my waterview. I asked the girl at the front desk who allocated my room if it was a waterview because that is what I had paid for. The arrogant condescending manager butted in saying that he was the manager and she was ONLY the assistant and to talk to him. He told me i had a waterview room and proceeded to show me where the waterview rooms were located. I said where is the waterview and he said if I leaned over the balcony i could see a view of the water! I was told to come back the next morning after breakfast to see if I could change rooms. I didn't bother as our stay was only for another night. Some people we had met were staying in cheaper accommodation at the same hotel and had trees outside their room for a view. The pool is cold and the chairs are located on the side of the building between the hotel wall and the fence.

Room tip: Definitely not a waterview
Date of stay: July 2013
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank cuddlymum
Reviewed 18 August 2013

While the location is great, we had a bad experience with this hotel. Our partial sea view room we booked, was a room with glimpses only if you lent over the balcony! The air con flooded the floor when on, and we were told to turn it off and use towels to mop it up. When we complained that this was not good enough, we eventually got another room at the back of the hotel overlooking the back of another hotel...at least this air con didn't leak! The staff were reluctant helpers. I wouldn't recommend this hotel, apart from a great location near the beaches.

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Frizz1
Reviewed 12 August 2013

It is the location that makes this a good place to stay ..... the views across the bay, watching the activity in the harbour entrance and morning sun rise made it a special place. The hotel is only a 10-15 min harbour side walk to the new town, add another 10 mins to the "Old Town." The front of house staff were always exceptionally helpful and cheerful. We found our room to be clean and comfortable and the bathroom adequately appointed without being "luxurious." Two things to point out - one: there is a dress code for dinner - we had been sailing for the prior week and had not realised the need for better clothing. Two: get to breakfast early!! oh yes, there is a $4 charge per sun bed even for hotel guests as the beach is not controlled by the hotel.

Room tip: Sea View, Sea View, Sea View
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Huntress_10
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Hello.
Me and my husband stayed at Mediterranean july 2013, I can recommend this hotel to everybody, very clean, outstanding service, location, unfortunately i couldnt get the names two gentlemen that was working at the reception, they were outstanding...If you ever visit Rhodes please stay at this hotel, you will not be sorry. Thank you again.

Suzan &Harutyun Alacahan