“Third stay at this hotel”

Hotel Mediterranean
Ranked #15 of 127 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Third stay at this hotel”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

1st stay April 2013 sea view room - fantastic holiday. Great location. Hotel is a more of a business hotel. We stayed half board and had a very comfortable week. Decided to book our honeymoon there in Sep 2013.
2nd stay Sep 2013 our honeymoon. Sea view room again. Another great stay. B and B this time which gave us a chance to eat out every night which we was a better option for us. The beach is easily accessed from level -1 which takes you under the road.
3rd stay June 2014. Two weeks. We booked sea view room again. A fantastic view. Two weeks this time. B and B again. We love this hotel. The location is great because there is a beach across the road and the old town is a lovely 15 minute walk away along the promenade and past the harbour. The staff who we are getting to know are friendly and helpful. We ate most of our lunches at the hotel and found them very good value and good quality. The room besides having a fantastic view was very comfortable. Ok it's not brand new but we were happy. We have always found it good value for money and will definitely return. Sea view room is a must.

Room Tip: Sea view room is a must
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hafferty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel is having a towel issue. On the day we check-in, there'.s not a single towel in our bathroom. We had to call room service twice before we get an answer and have our regular supply of towels. The next day, when we planned to go to the beach in the afternoon, we couldn't get any pool towels even though we're willing to pay a deposit, because they ran out of towels. The next day, we asked for pool towels again, still not available. On the third day(it was a very hot summer day, temp. was >30 degree C). When I came back from excursion, wanna to dip in the pool, still no towel supply. So I went back to my room thinking that I might as well use my own bath towel. But then, I found that there's only 1 used towel left in the bathroom, which was used by my roommate the day before and I was very sure that she hadn't used mine, because she was with me in the room. My bath towel was gone without being replaced. I called room service to get my regular supply. The housekeeper promised to give me 1. However, I waited for 20mins, dozed off, bath towel didn't come. So I went downstairs to the reception to ask for 1 the 2nd time. There's an old bald guys, seemed to be a senior staff, at the reception. He promised to send 1 to my room. I swam in the hotel pool for 15 mins, dried myself with my own face cloth, sat beside the pool for another 15mins and returned to my room. Still, no towel seen. I was very upset by then. So, I call the room service, telling her know that this's the 3rd time I asked for my regular supply of bath towel and I wanna to have it as soon as she can. She finally sent a man to give me my share of bath towel. AND, that man sent me a towel with a stern face, no smile, no apology, didn't even say a word, looked like that I was a very demanding person or a criminal that did something wrong.
Worse thing of all, that night after settling my bill before leaving early 4am next morning, I tried to tell the same bald guy that I wasn't happy with room service, he immediately turned defensive, accused me of taking my towel to the beach. When I told him firmly that I didn't, He said that I better talk to his manager tomorrow or write a complain letter. He refused to deal with it. I won't have chance to speak with his manager, because I'll be leaving 4am next day. I had to tell the girl who stood beside him about my unhappiness. The girl let me voice my grievance. But before I finished, he jumped in saying that it's my personal opinion. How can he say that it's a personal opinion when it's the fact that they have an issue in towel supply and blame it on their clients?

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the beach
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer L
york
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was an excellent first visit, the hotel was everything we had hoped for and more. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and all the staff were very helpful and so friendly nothing was too much trouble. The food in the restaurant was also very good with plenty of choice. The bedrooms were cool and airy and the view from the balcony was a superb view of the coast line. Everything was easy walking distance of the beach, harbour and other places of interest. Our first visit but can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel certainly had a good view of the beach.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robert T
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Rooms were generous size, balcony facing ocean great, breakfast had a good selection. Hotel centrally located and easy walking to old Rhodes and other sights. The staff were great and very helpful with regards taxis and car hire.

Room Tip: Ensure that a room facing the beach is selected. Also it has free wifi in foyer but not in rooms ( s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Gary K
Ludwigshafen, Germany
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed for 14 days and enjoyed it very much.
The hotel is clean and the rooms are big enough, nicely equipped and quite. The breakfast was good, the hotel's team was very nice, friendly and attentive.
The service was good, nothing to complain about.
The hotel is only a few steps away from the beach, where being a tourist becomes really hard. ;)

It was a very nice and relaxing stay,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Eva R
wateringen
Reviewed 29 May 2014

One off the best hotels to stay in the city center just a few meters from the beach with the great sea views and close to the city center, casino and in walking distance to the bars just perfect for your holidays. The Staff off the hotel is friendly and the service is off a good quality, they all enjoy your visit and they hope that all the guests have a great holiday. For me and my family it is already the third time and still love it.

Room Tip: Junior suites in the corner and on the higher floors
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank orientdesign
Moneta, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Nice hotel with spacious accommodations in a very convenient location! Views were of an expanse of beach filled with umbrellas and chairs and the sea and the hotel was close enough to walk to Old Town in Rodos! Breakfast buffet was served in a nice restaurant off the lobby with outside dinning. Staff were helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple