This was the last hotel I stayed in on a three week trip to Greece: talk about leaving the best ’til last! I was met at the airport by Anna of Jay tours and taxi service as arranged by the hotel; it was enormous fun to be introduced to Rhodes with a short tour en route to the hotel. They also helped up the many steps into the hotel with my baggage, for which I was very grateful. The end of my trip was in sight and frankly, I was exhausted…and my baggage seemed mysteriously to be getting heavier by the minute! A tip here: do bear in mind that many taxis in Rhodes town don’t venture into the old part of the town so it’s worth checking if you are staying there.
My room was utterly adorable and I had my own private little balcony area where I could gaze at the harbour and the old town around me. The only downside was that my private bathroom was not en suite but, believe me, the hotel more than makes up for this.
The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. Meals are held in a lovely dining room with fabulous views and while there I was fortunate enough to meet up with the previous owner of the hotel and we got chatting about her time on Rhodes. Before long I felt completely at ease - it’s the kind of place that everybody chats to one another and it would be hard to feel lonely or excluded here. The pub is attached to the dining area and it was great sitting having a few sundowners in the evening, sharing the day’s events.
This is one hotel I will be revisiting – indeed my best friend and I are already planning our trip out there early next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Andreas is small hotel converted from an Ottoman mansion overlooking the old town of Rhodes and the sea. We are located in a disco free, residential neighborhood. We serve breakfast on our panoramic terrace each morning. Every evening from 6-9:30 pm we light the candles in our private bar for guests only. Meet fellow travelers and a friendly international staff at the Hotel Andreas. Nous parlons Francais, Hellinika, Espanol, Italiano, Deutsch et Neerlandis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hotel Andreas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andreas Hotel Rhodes Town
- Hotel Andreas Rhodes/Rhodes Town