“Hotel Andreas Rhodes: highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Andreas

Hotel Andreas
Ranked #62 of 129 Hotels in Rhodes Town
London, United Kingdom
“Hotel Andreas Rhodes: highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

This was the last hotel I stayed in on a three week trip to Greece: talk about leaving the best ’til last! I was met at the airport by Anna of Jay tours and taxi service as arranged by the hotel; it was enormous fun to be introduced to Rhodes with a short tour en route to the hotel. They also helped up the many steps into the hotel with my baggage, for which I was very grateful. The end of my trip was in sight and frankly, I was exhausted…and my baggage seemed mysteriously to be getting heavier by the minute! A tip here: do bear in mind that many taxis in Rhodes town don’t venture into the old part of the town so it’s worth checking if you are staying there.

My room was utterly adorable and I had my own private little balcony area where I could gaze at the harbour and the old town around me. The only downside was that my private bathroom was not en suite but, believe me, the hotel more than makes up for this.

The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. Meals are held in a lovely dining room with fabulous views and while there I was fortunate enough to meet up with the previous owner of the hotel and we got chatting about her time on Rhodes. Before long I felt completely at ease - it’s the kind of place that everybody chats to one another and it would be hard to feel lonely or excluded here. The pub is attached to the dining area and it was great sitting having a few sundowners in the evening, sharing the day’s events.

This is one hotel I will be revisiting – indeed my best friend and I are already planning our trip out there early next year!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view - it's worth it!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carol D
HANDREAS_12, Manager at Hotel Andreas, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Thank you so much for your very nice review!
It is a pleasure to feel how much you appreciated your stay!
We hope to meet you once again in the future
Sincerely
Hotel andreas team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

I couldn't have been happier with this place.

Great location (definitely stay in the old town if you are going to Rhodes Town)
The wifi actually works IN THE ROOMS! (this is not always the case in Greece)
Decor is funky and different in every room.
Breakfast is lovely, with homemade marmalade.

I would definitely stay there again... in face I did. We went to Lindos for a couple of days and then returned to Hotel Andreas one last night before flying out of Diagoras.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hfb220
Dumfries, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

It has that ambience -- old, stylish, quirky, a bit mystical even, nestled in ancient ruins of the Old Town. The service is unbeatable: the team are charming, responsive to the smallest details of guest comfort, -- and most interesting in their own right. The view from the terrace over breakfast or evening glass of wine is enchanting. It must be the best place to stay for value in Rhodes Old Town.

Room Tip: Depends on what you want -- view, value, etc. We stayed in a delightful upstairs room with a loft...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank drl2010
austin tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

Our stay at Andreas Hotel was very comfortable. The managers, Anne Camille and her husband, went out of their way to make our visit just what we wanted. It started with helping us pick just the right room (via email) and then arranging transport from the airport (25 euros) and back again at the end of the visit. We stayed in room 17, which had two beds below the loft and one upstairs in the loft. The room itself is on the second floor, no elevator. The hotel is located off the tourist beaten path, so it's quiet and nice to walk around the neighborhood. Be aware that most of Rhodes Town streets are narrow and unevenly paved, sometimes with large stones so the motorized traffic is minimal. There's a very well maintained Jewish synogague within the city walls worth a visit.

Room Tip: room 17 is larger and has a/c
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank travelingsun
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

I have been to Rhodes several times and always come back to Hotel Andreas. This charming little hotel is right in the middle of Rhodes old town, and provides a fantastic experience for those that wish to disconnect from the high pace modern life for a couple weeks.

Not to say the hotel is not taken care of, or lacking any essential accomodations. It has high speed wifi for free, air conditioning in the rooms and a 24/7 staff support service in case of any issues, or middle of the night arrivals. What I am trying to get across is that the hotel's best feature is its charm.

The building is an old Turkish harem, culminating with the Pasha's tower where the honeymoon suite has now been arranged.

The panoramic terrace, where you eat breakfast in the morning, gives you a jaw-dropping view of the old town and the sea. There is something incredibly romantic and blissful about eating fresh greek produces in front of breathtaking views while listening to Mozart.

The hotel wouldn't be the same without the wonderful staff, all extremely helpful, courteous, cultivated and knowledgeable about Rhodes. Between all of them, they fluently speak a good dozen languages too. Special mention to Patrick, an old-fashioned philosopher (and the hotel's duty manager), who will often stop by at breakfast for a chat, to enlighten you with his tremendous knowledge and exemplary take on life.

I came back home today and am already looking forward to next year!

I recomment this hotel to anyone that wishes to experience Rhodes the way it should be - in a peaceful, charming, delightful manner.

To those that book holidays to spend 2 weeks in a 5-star all-inclusive at the side of the pool drinking beyond reason, this place is not for you! This place is reserved to those that are open-minded and wish to enbark on a journey of knowledge, peace and harmony. Once again thank you all for making this a great stay!

Alexis
Brussels, Belgium

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank GloriousFreedom
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We had the best hosts ever! Patrick and his wife are very kind and they make awesome eggs :) The hotel is great and we can take our breakfast while looking at the old city on the terace. We even had a terrace on the roof of our room, we really enjoyed it!
When we go back to Rhodes, we know where we're going to sleep ^^

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Michel L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

This is the sort of place you dream of finding. a friendly, clean comfortable little hotel tucked away in the winding streets of the old city. it is very quiet but ideally located for restaurants, sightseeing, shopping and even convenient for swimming: the very good town beach is a 15 minute walk away. They offer the finest Greek breakfast with warm hospitality, unlimited coffee and a range of fantastic breads from the neighbourhood baker. Our room had an amazing view from the adjoining terrace over the whole city with Turkey on the distant horizon, as shown in the attached picture. The staff could not have been more helpful, providing authoritative holiday advice for visiting the rest of the island.

Room Tip: Look at their website.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple