On my first visit to Rhodes I did a bit of research on the Internet and came up with what has proved to be the best find ever. For me it’s all about comfortable accommodation and a friendly welcome in a picturesque setting away from what my friend and I refer to as ‘Hell’ - the hub of the tourist area on the island. So for my second visit it was a no-brainer to return to the Hotel Andreas, where we were welcomed back by the lovely Constance and David. Suffice it to say that these wonderful people have become personal friends…
Nothing is ever too much trouble. It was the first time my friend and I had returned to Greece since our youthful hitch-hiking days so this trip was both a pilgrimage and a celebration. We were given two lovely rooms (18 & 19) with an adjoining balcony that overlooks the old town and out to sea – simply spectacular. We would sit out in the evnings and gaze at the view. Our private bathrooms were a short distance away and there was piping hot water at all times.
All rooms are graced with pictures by artist Maud Gutterson and these lend a lovely touch as do the vases of fresh flowers. In each room is a small, lockable little safe/box for valuables and clean towels, new soaps etc appear as if by magic every second day - we stayed eight! At the head of the stairs nearby the rooms fridge filled with bottles of cold water plus a kettle and the wherewithal to make tea or coffee - so useful.
Breakfast is served at a time of your choice up to about 9.30 - 10 a.m. in the lovely outside area with marmalade made from fruit gathered from the orange trees above and fresh fruit collected from the local market daily. There is also a lovely veranda-like room to relax in: it looks out over the old town and has a library of books plus a friendly pub in which to enjoy a sundowner. Have a look at http://www.hotelandreas.com/ for further information.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Andreas is small hotel converted from an Ottoman mansion overlooking the old town of Rhodes and the sea. We are located in a disco free, residential neighborhood. We serve breakfast on our panoramic terrace each morning. Every evening from 6-9:30 pm we light the candles in our private bar for guests only. Meet fellow travelers and a friendly international staff at the Hotel Andreas. Nous parlons Francais, Hellinika, Espanol, Italiano, Deutsch et Neerlandis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hotel Andreas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andreas Hotel Rhodes Town
- Hotel Andreas Rhodes/Rhodes Town