“A charming, friendly and hospitable place... a great welcome to Rodos” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of S. Nikolis Hotel & Apartments

S. Nikolis Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #28 of 129 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Cape Town
“A charming, friendly and hospitable place... a great welcome to Rodos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2009

S. Nikolis Hotel was a definite highlight of my trip to the Greek islands. Being the first place I stayed at in Greece, I was unsure of what to expect, but from family recommendations I knew thought, that I was about to experience something amazing! From the minute my girlfriend and I stepped into the place, we were so warmly welcomed by the very insightful hostess Marianne, we felt like family. The hotel is quaint, romantic and also full of history and allows one to just relax and enjoy one of the most extraordinary old cities in the world. Its excellent location allowed us easy access to various historical sights, shops and restaurants within the old city, as well as easy exit to explore the rest of the island. I highly recommend this lovely hotel to anyone who wants to experience the old city of Rhodes. I had a most wonderful experience there and will definitely be going back.
Neil (Cape Town, South Africa)

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank NeilCapeTown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2009

I arrived in Rhodes summer of 2007 after quitting my job. I traveled from New York to Istanbul, down to Marmaris, and onto the ferry over to Rhodos. Little did I know how enchanting and welcoming the Isle of Rhodos would be thanks to my enchanting hosts at the S Nikolis. A friend in Istanbul suggested I stay in the Old Town and gave me the Hotel's name. I am so glad I took the advise. I arrived alone on a beautiful June day, before the mass crowds were due to arrive. I was alone in Greece as I was to meet my fiancee (now wife) in Izmir a few days later.

Not having ever traveled alone before, I did not know what to expect. Marianne, Maria and the staff at the s Nikolis made me feel like an honoured guest on their stunning island. I was "New York" royalty. I spent the days on Rhodos exploring the old town, strolling the streets of Lindos, and visiting all the ancient historical sites. But I felt most at home sitting in the lobby, sipping tea, and practicing my lousy French on the guest and staff at the S. Nikolis. The manager, Marianne, interloping guests and I would wile away the hours discussing the world while I enjoyed what turned out to be one of the most memorable vacations I have ever taken. The Island's beauty and the staff's generosity are etched in my mind. I will never forget the Island's gentleness and my host's generosity as long my mind can still hold a memory.

My room was lovely, off to the side, down a quiet gentle street. The acomodations were lovely and reasonable as I enjoyed a comfy bedroom and I stashed a couple of Greek beers in my kitchenette. Marianne gave me many hints on where to go on the island, and spot on in every case. She subtly suggested I enjoy the nightlife in town versus traveling to Falaraki, advise which I did not take to my regret. I never doubted her again. I will not soon forget the longing I felt for the Island as Marianne drove me to the Ferry to leave Rhodos. I will be back and I will make my stay much longer at the S Nikolis. You should too.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled solo