“A Charming Place”

S. Nikolis Boutique Hotel
Ranked #30 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed 15 July 2009

My wife and I honeymooned on Rhodes 30 years ago so we decided to commence our 9 week vacation there. We like staying in places with 'character' so we were intrigued by a property that featured a 700 year old roof over your head built by medieval knights. We were not disappointed. And Marianne, the owner, is a lovely and most helpful person. And Georgia will not disappoint you with the scrumptious breakfast she prepares for you every morning on the rooftop overlooking the old town.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barry I

Reviewed 10 April 2009

We came to Rhodes for honeymoon and the friendly owners' daughter give us a ride from the airport and greet us in a very manner in a late evening.

Room is very nice and location is perfect, it's inside the old town and the view is very good. Toilet and shower is a little bit small but I guess it's the same across Greece.

Nice breakfast outside the garden and the owners gave us a ride to the port when we were leaving.

Very good hotel indeed!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2009

I have had the pleasure of staying at S. Nikolis twice. The first visit was with my husband and friends for 4 nights in June 2007. It was our first introduction to Greece; after a 13 hour trip from California, to end up in Rhodes (the old town) at S. Nikolis was like a dream come true. It was more than the lovely historic building, friendly, helpful and welcoming innkeepers, charming and romantic rooms, lovely garden, and great location, but the whole atmosphere of the hotel set as a jewel in Rhodes that completely captivated us. During our stay Marianne and Sotiris gave us restaurant and sightseeing recommendations, helped us rent a car, made telephone calls for us and even helped us arrange transportation for the next leg of our trip to Crete. Waking up in the morning to the amazing views including cruise ships that almost looked close enough to touch, having a delicious Greek breakfast on the rooftop, just inside the ancient city walls...it was unforgettable. Over a year later I found I missed Greece so much that in September 2008 I took our daughter back and of course our first stay at was S. Nikolis in Rhodes. We were greeted like old friends, had the same charming room, and another wonderful experience. Having been to Greece twice, I would recommend anyone to make sure that Rhodes is a must-see, and to stay at S. Nikolis. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2009

We are planning a return trip to Rhodes and to the S. Nicolis Hotel and were shocked to see a couple of the negative reviews in TripAdvisor. Our experience was so different. We were in an apartment a five minute walk from the main hotel. We stayed for the full month of October! We had a private patio, small studio type room with shower and small kitchen area. It was charming. The roof dining for breakfast was fantastic with views over town to harbor and food fresh and delicious. The owners, the Sotiris family were welcoming and gracious and helpful in so many ways: taking me to their own doctor when I needed to get a medicine prescription refilled, driving me to a store to buy some pajamas, taking us to the dock to catch a ferry to Patmos and meeting us on return. I know we were there off-season, a much less hectic time, but it's still hard for me to believe that this family is the one so negatively described in some of the other reviews.

My wife and I both share these feelings. If you are looking for a great location within the walls, a feeling of old Rhodes, and personal attention, let the S. Nicolis be your home on this wonderful island.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SOLPoet
Reviewed 9 March 2009

We loved our stay at S. Nikolis. The location is excellent and charming within the old city walls and we could walk everywhere. The host provided a wonderful breakfast on the rooftop terrace and even provided us breakfast in our room when we left for the airport at a very early hour. Everyone we encountered and everything about the place was charming. Our host even drove us to the airport (after spending time on our behalf on the phone) when a piece of luggage was not able to be delivered to the hotel!
We felt completely at home here and would highly recommend it to anyone when visiting Rhodes!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary Kae S
Reviewed 6 March 2009

I just wanted to drop you a line to say thank you both for a very enjoyable, relaxing and memorable vacation. As I tell others about our vacation and show them the breathtaking pictures, I am constantly reminded what an enchanted place Old Rhodes is. We will always have fond memories of our visit and sincerely hope to return some day. Thank you, Sotiris and Marianne.
My wife and I had the pleasure of staying with Sotiris and Marianne for an absolutely memorable week in January, 2009. They are wonderful people with a great and rich story. They love their hotel and it shows in every fibre of the beautiful decorations and every plank, door and fixture that Sortiris has personally laid by hand. Sotiris is a true craftman and one of the hardest working men I have had the pleasure of meeting. You see, Sotiris has built the S.Nikolis himself . . . room by room . . . board by board. What an absolute gem !
As long as Sotiris and Marianne are there, my wife and I will stay no place else other than the S. Nikolis Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leatherneck54
Reviewed 4 March 2009

We spent 5 days in Rhodes town at the St. Nikolis hotel. We found Sotiris and Marianne, the innkeepers, to be absolutely wonderful. Sotiris took us to a concert with Greek dancing and then we all went to dinner at his favorite local place. They recommended wonderful restaurants, made our arrangements to get out to Lindos (worth the trip), and took care of everything. Breakfast on the upstairs terrace is delightful. We loved our room, and had a wonderful terrace of our own overlooking the sea. It was a very special stay at a unique small hotel/inn. We loved Rhodes town, and our stay there, thanks to these warm and helpful people.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple