Spot Hotel
US$147
US$195
US$184
  • Breakfast included
Dionysos Hotel(Rhodes Town)(Great Value!)
US$413
US$581
Elvoline
All reviewsold citysmall hotelcobbled streetperfect locationrooftop terracebreakfast roomstone wallsnight's sleepair conditioningmedieval townrooms are beautifulfelt like homeshower curtainflat screencoffee machinecharming hotelreception area
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Situated right at the heart of the Old Town, this very safe and convenient hotel has been a perfect choice for me and my friend during our vacation this year in end August.
Thanks to its great owner, Lee Michael Mavrostomos, Spot Hotel offers much more than just an accommodation. If you also want to wake up with great music and enjoy a perfect feeling of "home" at vacation, you should do your best to get yourself a room at Spot Hotel if you are travelling to Rhodes. I would definitely go back to Rhodes and stay at Spot Hotel very soon !

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2011

First, I want to say thank you to Lee and his son. They helped me make a great trip, better! In my opinion it is hard to compare hotels, B&B's and resorts. They offer so many things that do not compare to each other. The Spot Hotel ranks among the best small hotels I have ever stayed. Add the cost value to it all and it it is hard to come close (great room, breakfast, location, quietness and helpfulness).

The "Spot Hotel" had it all for my trip. It was in the heart of Old Town Rhodes (50 feet off a main square-yes, I am from the US as I use feet rather than meters), but then again close to everything else in my opinion. I walked in, and Lee welcomed me as if it was my house and took me to my room. No Check in and or questions! I asked a few questions and he answered them and then added some great tips. I took him up on his tips. I rented a motor bike from his recommendation and had my first meal as well. Both turned out to be great.

I then spent the next 4 nights exploring the city, Island and amazing beaches with the help from Lee's map and advice. Too each his/her own but I have now spent 3 days in Santornini with Myknonos tomorrow and already miss Rhodes.

The Spot Hotel offered me a great place to call home for my time in Rhodes. A nice room (I had the single which was great but get the double even if alone if you can, the best location if you wish to be close to town (I would wake up early in the morning and have the whole "Old Town" to myself while everyone else slept or was in route via "cruise". This meant being able to take great pics without anyone around). On my return, from my day adventures I would have the town full of people and fun and just be less than a 1 minute shower away. In my book that is just plan nice.

If you want a pool then maybe the Spot hotel is not for you (why do you want to be at a pool, with so many great beaches near by?). If you want the ability to be at a beach within minutes, the best location, restaurants and amazing views of the city at your door step, quiet at night when you want, then the "Spot" is for you.

I wish I was there now.

I could go on and I will on a review of Rhodes and the hotel on a different post of Rhodes later. Great Hotel if you have the opportunity.

Room Tip: Stay in the double room but single is fine if alone.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank one4fun
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Great place to stay : a " Chevalier House" close to the "3 Seahorses " fountain in the Old Town with a wonderful atmosphere and a friendly host. We loved the cool ,dark interior with its crimson and maroon embroidered silk hangings ,the immaculate but welcoming breakfast room with beautifully presented variety of cereals, fresh fruit , milk and juice , eggs, cheese ..and coffee maker.Paintings and interesting old prints, a cool cushioned courtyard , good supply of books , very comfotable beds , antique furniture, exposed stone walls , more paintings , a delightful roof garden with views of ships' masts and the minaret, who could ask for more ? Well... following a visit to the local Synagogue and museum ( a must do) my husband realised he had left his rucksac with passport , mobile etc etc inside a now very locked empty building . We discovered just how friendly and helpful the local families are . Within minutes the "philoxenia" was in full swing . Yes they all knew Lee , yes they knew who would have a key , who would collect the bag and return it to the hotel that evening well before our departure to Symi next morning. As promised , Lee was waiting for us that night with bag and contents all intact. Following a wonderful time in Symi , we returned to see Lee and he kindly offered to care for our luggage while we spent our last day in Rhodes town . A kind , great host who goes that extra mile to provide a real home from home . Thanks Lee . We shall return !

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann F
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Lee is a kind, gentle Greek-American musician from Astoria whose parents opened this hotel. He has invested a lot in renovations and runs it with his wife and son. It is clean, furnished with traditional Greek paintings on the walls and muticolored traditional covers, cushions, etc. Easily accessible in the Jewish Quarter, in a calm, quiet side street, just behind the Kahal Shalom Synagogue and museum, which is a MUST visit in Rhodes (FREE, 10-15, closed Saturdays). The rooms have a safe, AC and a hairdryer which all work well. There is a wide screen TV in the reception area. Our room on the main floor was quite small but the others one flight up, with balcony, are larger. Even though it was close to the street we didn't hear any noise at all. I needed the ground floor due to a knee problem. A great choice just two blocks from the BOUZOUKI "cafe chantant" (another MUST). Good breakfast too. SPOT is one of the few hotels to remain open all year round in the Medieval town.It is close to the port too. Lee knows all the good restaurants and is there to please. There was a taxi strike and he even drove us to the harbor to make it easier for us (and my knee) to get the early boat to SYMH. That is just an example of the kind of guy he is. Thanks Lee...We will be back.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The Spot Hotel was clean and in a great location. You could walk to the port. the squares, the beach and to a number of sights. There were 3 girls traveling and we never felt unsafe. Lee was very nice and informed us of great resturants in the area. I would stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends