Smartline Semiramis City Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
Africa Hotel(Rhodes Town)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold townnice hotelthe maintenance manminute walkcourtesy roombathroom floorexcellent locationsea viewnice roombar streetvisit rhodesreception staffstaying at this hotelwould highly recommend this hotelcleaned every dayrestaurants and barspool bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I want to start off by staying that the staff make this place. They go out of their way to be friendly and couldn't do more for you. They really want you to have a good time and really go above and beyond for you. The hotel itself is fine - small and standard. The rooms are clean but nothing to write home about. Work is still being done and you see signs of that around, but it doesn't really effect your experience. Breakfast is good but not spectacular. It is a ten minute walk to the first old town gate as the blurb says (and an easy walk at that) but most of the best of the Old Town is on the far side, about 20 mins away. Having said that, the beach is one block away and there are a lot of lovely little restaurants in the new town very close by.

Room Tip: Get a sea view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank kbsamuel
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I have stayed at the Semiramis City Hotel second week of December . The room was very spacious, bathroom not very big but comfortable enough. View from the room was amazing, sea view and I could also see the Rodos Casino... Breakfast was OK... nothing too special but again satisfactory, Vicky at reception was very polite and attentive. If possible request rooms on high floors as the views are amazing, avoid off season if possible as most hotels plan their refurbishments around this time of year.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank EvaPeke
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Really ugly hotel. Bad rooms. Old. Possibly there are some refurbished rooms which are those on the website, but certainly not the room we got. I would never go back. I hope they will invest some money in renewing the place and also put more effort in being honest with the clients and show them really what they are going to get if they stay in that hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011
10  Thank Titagi
Reviewed 25 August 2011

When booking a hotel on Rhodes island, you come across a number of hotels of various ratings and sizes that are expanding along Rhodes´ shorelines like a monumental fortification against foreign invaders.
Amongst them is also Hotel Semiramis in Rhodes city. Located 100 meters from the city beach on west coast and 10 minutes of walking from medieval town; it is prefectly located if you want to stroll to the old city centre or to visit one of many night clubs.
The hotel was under recent renovation that did not include all rooms. There are two types of rooms: renovated ones that look stylish and fresh and the old ones that are modestly equipped and have very small bathrooms. We were guests of an old room.
It is by no means a bad place to stay but it certainly is not worth a four star rating ( a 3 star rating would do it justice). Actually the only resent we had was against that uncomfortable and tiny bathroom. Otherwise it was OK - AC and fridge working (no extra charge), small CRT TV on the table and a small balcony. Afterall one does not travel to Rhodes to spend all the time in a hotel room - there´s just too much stuff to see and to do.
This hotel excels with it´s cuisine. The food was really good. A lot of dishes to choose from and friendly staff.

To sum up: this hotel is worth the money. You get a clean room, good service and good food. Everything a wandering tourist needs at the end of a long sunny day.
If you are looking for fancy rooms try the renovated ones.

For all internet addicts: there is wi-fi access that you have to pay for.

Do not rent the car at the reception, you can get a better deal with full insurance on your own + all rent a cars deliver the car to the hotel for you.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Maarko
Reviewed 25 July 2011

My collegue booked a hotel room in this hotel, almost a month ago, so as to stay during our business trip. A few days before our arrival, someone from the hotel phoned and said that they might had to make a change to our booking, because the specific hotel was full, and send us to another hotel (same quality).
When I arrived, they said that they would have to send me to Blue Sky hotel (also reviewed). I am not going to write here about the Blue Sky hotel. All I can say is that, when one makes a reservation and the hotel cannot accomodate him or her, due to bad programming or whatever other reasons, they have to compensate their customer for all the trouble caused by giving him of her - at least - a better room.
I went to the hotel they send me, only to find out that this was the worst hotel room I've ever been to. When I contacted Semiramis, they told me that this was the best room I could get from them. Afte having insisted enough they told me that I should wait until the next day, so as to find out whether they would have a better room to give to me.
I don't think that after this behavior I could write something good for this hotel, or choose it to stay ever again.

Room Tip: If they offer you to stay at a "sister hotel" do not accept!
Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business