A really nice hotel with nice staff. Better for older couples or young couples. We were on our honeymoon and when I told the receptionist that they weren't too impressed which was a bit of a shame... We got a "Hill side view" room - it faced a concrete wall... So we paid extra to upgrade to a sea view room with a king size bed and it was excellent!
Food was not bad - plenty of choice but you have to pay for water during dinner time even if you have half board.
The beach is non existent really, it's a very small and narrow beach with stones but the swimming pools are very nice with plenty of sun beds to relax on and NO loud music playing all day - just very quiet music next to the bar - excellent!
The bar staff in the pool area are very friendly and the drinks are not too expensive and you get snacks with each alcoholic drink you order.
There is not much for little children to do there so it's really more of a couples hotel that want to relax. Spa facilities cost extra and you can buy a day pass. Gym is free. Hotel Wi-Fi is not great but manageable. The town itself Ixia is pretty horrible - if you want to go out at night go straight to Rhodes in a taxi.
Rhodes City is not much to write home about - the old city is pretty but the new city is just shops/bars caffes, so not really exciting. Lindos is a wonderful day trip - if you don't go there you haven't been to Rhodes and though we didn't make it, we heard the water park is amazing.
All in all it was a great trip - the hotel was relaxing, pretty and enjoyable - I would recommend it for young and older couples who like relaxing by the pool and just passing the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the island of Rhodes, only a few kilometres from the historic town of Rhodes, Sheraton Rhodes Resort offering global travelers, families and honeymooners alike the best of resort amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Bookgreece.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Rhodes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Rhodes Hotel Ixia
- Hotel Imperial Rhodes
- Sheraton Rhodes Resort Rhodes Town