Before coming to this hotel we have looked at the reviews, some of which were not very pleasant and we almost were ready to see an old hotel with awful stuff and broken furniture in the hotel room (this opinion were made from the reviews below). So we were really surprised that we havent seen nothing from the abovesaid.
1) - Check in took just 10 min, despite the fact that there was a big group of tourists from Israel arrived just before us. We were given a registration card, which we calmly filled in the room and gave back to the reception desk when we had time.
2) - We were stayed at this hotel from 28/04 till 05/05, though at this period there was not so many young people in the hotel, we have met some nice people from the stuff of the hotel who was really friendly and helpful, they gave us a lot of useful advices what we should look at on Rhodes and where to go, so we had quite fun time in Greece. The stuff in the hotel is really nice, we had just once a problem in the restaurant when we asked a waitress for a water and need to wait almost 15 min. But that was the only one thing I was upset because.
3) - Room: Sure, the hotel is not so brand new and we had some scratches on the balcony but as we had a sea view (which is so beautiful) we even havent noticed that scratches. I think some reviews were made quite long time ago and the hotel have some reconstructions from that time. Rooms are not so big but (which is more important) not so small! In the room they have a special place for your luggage, which we found very useful. The stuff replaced the towels everyday and sometimes when they couldnt find a towels to replace they just gave another ones, so at the last day we had 9 towels in the room instead of 6.
4) Hotel: The hotel has a perfect location, Old town is just 10min from it, Bar street - 5 min. Everything is close. The Hotel is very comfortable, clear. Every early morning we watched from balcony how stuff washing the floors, clear the swimming pool, cutting flowers and etc. and I would say that they make it with love! On the groundfloor and near the swimmpool there is a free wi-fi if you need.
5) Food: If you want to have a diet during your holidays- never come here;) The food is just perfect, they have a very-very big choice and EVERYTHING soooo tasty! And you also can have a-la-carte dinner in chinese or italian restaurant (before you need to register on reception). We were in italian one and we fall in love with fish there and slads (but be careful, portions are big). Everywhere in the restaurant there is managers walking around and watching that everything is ok, they are very friendly and nice! Some people said that it is quite expensive to pay for a drinks on the dinner (1l water -2.5 EUR, Glass wine - 4 EUR), actually it is up to you to buy it or not but compare to other 5-stars hotels thats a cheap prices! For example, a glass of wine in the Old Town or on the Bar street will cost 5 EUR, water(0.5l) - 3EUR. We had a HB and it was enough we just 2 times had a lunch in the city, other times we had some fruits and ice cream in the city)) And if you are lazy to have a breakast in the restaurant - one call on the reseption and for 2EUR they will serve it in your room.
6) Security: We thought to rent a safe to hold there our money, passports and etc. But we didnt. So we had a notebooks, iphones and ipods laying on the table and nothing has happened. Once I forgot my gold earings in the bathroom and went for the hole day to excursion (I was quite nurveous because of that) but thanx, when I came back they were right on the place were I left them. Next day I left 2EUR for cleaning women on the bed but they didnt take it! So we left some money on the departure day.
Rhodes is a fantastic, people there are soooo friendly and open-minded, shopping is just perfect (leather, honey, cosmetics, sweets, wine, feta, olives - dont miss a chance to buy it!) I would say that we were in few hotels on Rhodes and this one is definitely the best one!!! We are going to back there in august and I would definitely recommend it to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hotel 5* is a member of Mitsis Hotels and is located at Rhodes Town, just few meters from the commercial city center, the Old Town and the port. Grand Hotel consists of 405 rooms and it offers luxury accommodation with view to Aegean Sea or the garden of the hotel. An excellent choice also for winter getaways or for business trips as the hotel operates all year round. The entertainment is an element that you won’t miss at Grand Hotel. The Lobby Bar is a meeting point for both the local community and the hotel’s guests. A cozy and hospitable environment where our guests can enjoy their coffee or drink as the Bar operates until late evening. Hotels’ Facilities: Reception 24hrs with currency exchange service, Concierge, Porters, baggage hold, TV room air conditioned, Cards room air conditioned, High speed internet access point with personal computers, Free Wi-Fi internet in Lobby – Bar area, High speed Wi-Fi internet in all hotel areas at an extra charge, Shopping arcade with mini market, souvenir shop, 6 Lifts in the main building, Guest Parking, free of charge, Daily evening live music entertainment ,Bilingual staff, Car rental office, Motorbike and bicycle rental, 24hrs medical cover. Doctor on call, Florist on call, Laundry service, Baby-sitting on request, at extra charge, Beach & Pool towels against deposit, Food and Beverage Facilities: Main Restaurant ‘’ACANDIA’’, air conditioned, serves Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, specializing in Greek and international cuisine with extended show cooking, An excellent Italian restaurant offering very delicious Italian dishes, pasta, pizza and meat specialties prepared in front of the clients, without extra charge, reservation at the reception one day before. ASIAN restaurant, top quality from China and South–East Asia, prepared in front of the clients, reservation at the reception one day before. GREEK STYLE RESTAURANT “ELLINADIKO” Discover traditional Greek appetizers! This restaurant is an excellent choice for all day dinning for guests seeking to enrich their meals. MEXICAN this pool side restaurant serves tacos, fajitas and nachos as Well a large selection of other Mexican food. PITTA - BURGERS Taste the traditional pita bread and a great variety of juicy burgers. GELATERIA-CREPERIE Serving crepes sweet or savories and delicious ice-cream. PIZZA OVEN BY THE POOL is the ideal spot to enjoy a delicious pizza between your meals. LOBBY BAR in the entrance of the hotel serves indoors and outdoors, Coffees, refreshments, exotic cocktails etc. Live music, makes the bar very popular. POOL BAR operated on a superb open air terrace, serves coffees, refreshments, exotic cocktails etc. MINI FRIDGE WITH REFRESHMENT CENTER Consist of Mineral bottled water and soft drinks, refilled every second day. TEA and Coffee making facilities in the room. Sport & Leisure Facilities 2 outdoor swimming pools with sea water , Sun terrace & loungers, Indoor pool with fresh water, At the pools, sun beds and umbrellas free of charge, Daily Light Sports animation by the pool. Tennis court and equipment free of charge, Fitness centre, massage services at extra charge. Water sports center near to the hotel (with charge), Scuba diving (with charge), Boat trips (with charge), Games room (with charge), Children’s Facilities, Separate children pool with sea water, Internet and Games corner (with charge), Children’s light animation during the morning and the afternoon. Infants’ Facilities, baby cot, baby high chairs in the restaurant, Special food upon request. Business Services, Conference rooms for 700 and 200 persons respectively, Separate lounges for up to 150 persons for any occasions and events, Superb ballroom for gala dinner, wedding parties, banquets for up 900 persons, Conference equipment, Translate rooms, Telephone and fax services, Photocopy service, Wi-Fi internet access from Conference rooms & lobby area free of charge , Distances Airport 13 Km, Port 2 Km, Rhodes Town 0,5 Km, bicycle path to the city, Beach 10 m, Bus stop in front of the hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com and Lastminute so you can book your Mitsis Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mitsis Grand
- Mitsis Grand Rhodes Town
- Grand Hotel Rhodes
- Rhodes Grand Hotel
- Mitsis Grand Hotel Rhodes/Rhodes Town