stayed for a week got back to manchester early this morning.
We're a small family mid-thirties and 14yr old son.
To start with remember this time of year all the young teenagers are going to falaraki so you'll have to expect the behaviour on outbound flights especially.
As for the hotel some good points:
1) We stayed AI and I have to say it was the best AI we've stayed in for food quality. Wide variety and changed everyday, although the odd few dishes remained everyday.
As with other reviews you have to dine at the chinese & italian, which are also part of AI. The food really is excellent.
2) Good location, not long walk into Rhodes old town or new town. Across the road from a pebble beach with lovely blue sea views over to Turkey.
3) Short transfer to airport
1) Air conditioning in hotel was poor to say the least. OK in bedroom but certainly the main areas like reception were bad
2) Lifts small, cramped and also suffered from above.
3) Virtually non exisitant entertainment. It was boring for our teenager, compared to Sharm last year which had pool tables etc. Does have some PCs for fb, games etc at 2Eu per 1/2 hr. Free wifi in reception only
Worth hiring a car to see the island - we drove to Butterfly gorge, Lyndos, Falaraki etc, all the east coast. Lyndos defo worth a visit.
Hire car is more expensive than the UK as is petrol - 1.73Euro a litre at mo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GRAND HOTEL, the only 5-star all-inclusive beach-front city hotel in Rhodes, is synonymous to first class hospitality. Located in the city of Rhodes, at a short distance from the medieval town, the hotel is fully renovated and offers its guests all modern facilities. It has 405 luxurious guestrooms, most of which have a sea view and of which 5 are suites that stand out for their exceptional grace and comfort. The hotel has a fully equipped gym with an indoor swimming pool, two outdoor swimming pools and a variety of sports activities for both adults and children. Two conference rooms of a capacity of 600 and 200 people respectively and an impressive ballroom, equipped with technology fit the most demanding communication requirements. GRAND HOTEL offers at its 6 different restaurants a variety of gourmet experiences for the most discerning palates and offers snacks throughout the day at the Creperie - Gelateria and its wooden stove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, TravelUp, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mitsis Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mitsis Grand
- Mitsis Grand Rhodes Town
- Grand Hotel Rhodes
- Rhodes Grand Hotel
- Mitsis Grand Hotel Rhodes/Rhodes Town