“Amazing holiday and have booked to go back!”
Review of Mitsis Grand Hotel

Mitsis Grand Hotel
Ranked #13 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Amazing holiday and have booked to go back!”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This is the esecond time we have stayed at the Mitsis Grand Hotel in Rhodes. It is absolutely ideal for us as it has everything we need and more. The location is superb, the food is plentiful, varied and tasty and the staff are incredible.

We came back to get engaged at this hotel and the staff bent over backwards for us. I'd like to thank both Nassia and Popi for making it a night to remember.

There are plenty of sunbeds, the bar has plenty of drinks on offer and the on-site Italian restaurant was one of the best meals I had eaten in a very long time. The rooms were cleaned daily, spcaious and well equipped. The sea view is definitely worth it and balconies are also a good size.

The pools are cold but thats a welcome feeling after a few hours of sunshine. I understand what people are sayig about the lack of entertainment in the hotel but this suits us as we don't really like to go out partying etc. They have a singer on a keyboard and it's just pleasant enough background entertainment. There are plenty of pubs and clubs a short walk away if thats your thing.

We went as a couple in June and have booked to go again in August with the parents. I'm extra excited as it's a fantastic hotel and I know we will have an awesome time and be very very well looked after. No worries about staying here at all, why book the unknown? Rhodes town is beautiful, beach is fanastic, there are busy and quiet spots, watersports and sun loungers. Rhodes for us have everything and the Mitsis Grand is a fantastic base to see it all from.

See you in 4 weeks Nassia and Popi!!!!!!!!!

Kirsty & Nigel Curtis

Room Tip: Sea view rooms definitely worth it and I preferred being higher up.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank KirstyNigelCurtis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The rooms are very poor. The swimming pools are not suitable for children. Good food and great location.
Nice hotel, not more. Not as described in many forums.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank heziit
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We have been to Mitsis Grand Hotel on July 2012. My friends and I are from a Mediterranean state (state isn't named for obvious reasons). Since the moment we arrived to the hotel we were treated impatiently, rudely, and been an object for racist-based comments and sarcasm from staff members, mostly receptionists and waiters of the hotel's restaurant.
Although it is a fantastic hotel – in manners of facilities, tidiness and general human resources, we had hard time enjoying the above, and were deeply offended. We have seen the treatment towards European and American guests, and it seemed generous and pleasant; which emphasized the dissonance.
We would have expected from this high-class hotel to show more professional behavior.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank tourist12_12
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I came to the Grand Mitsis on my holiday with my mum and dad and we all had a blast! We went from July 11th to July 18th and I must warn you all, it was very hot! 35 degree's onwards for most days! From other reviews I've read, we've had none of the problems that anyone else has had! The staff were all so lovely and friendly and they worked so hard to try and please your needs almost straight away. The food was excellent, there was so much choice and variety that where ever in the world you were from you would have found something you'd have liked! Everywhere was spotlessly clean and every morning on the way to breakfast you'd see the women cleaning round the pool and washing down all the glass! The pools were lovely and cool aswell, so after a tiring walk in the hot heat it was nice to freshen up by having a splash! We also took a trip to Lindos by coach which was great! Even hotter there though as there's hardly any breeze! About 38-40 the day we went! We managed to climb to the acropolis without needing a donkey and then we walked back down to the lovely beach and back up to the middle area for drinks and lunch! I would advise you all to go to the acropolis as soon as you get there because the weather is its coolest in the morning and you defiantly want as little heat as possible! Then walk back down to the middle area of shops and bars and then enjoy going down to the beautiful sandy beaches! However it was quite killer coming back up from the beach at about 3 in the afternoon! Very worth while trip though! We also made another trip to Symi on a boat! This was also very enjoyable but however took longer than expected to get there, about 2 hours really! Symi is very beautiful though, and is more of what I expected the Old Town to look like! The Old Town is lovely but more medieval and busy than expected! We also took an open top bus ride round Rhodes to look at some of the views you couldn't see as easily by foot, it was very enjoyable and worth while and you could also hop on and hop off through out the day! One last thing that made this one of the best holidays was the beautiful bar man situated in the pool bar! He made all the cocktails at night and was a right cheeky chap! Far too good looking for his own good! His smile was incrediable and his eyes were beautiful! I literally fell in love with him and I would marry him if I could! I think his name was Panagiotis or something like that, but if anyone is going to the Grand Mitsis or has been and could pass on his full name or anything like that to me, i would be greatly appreciative! Or if anyone has any photos of him that they wouldn't mind giving me, I would love to just keep one as a memory of what he looks like! You probably think I'm obsessed but he was seriously gorgeous! If your not sure which one I'm on about he's the young one, good with the ladies, always smiling and generally just having a laugh and loves to flirt! Overall as you can tell the holiday was brilliant! Hope this review helps and you all enjoy it as much as I did!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank thathangirl
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Well what can i say, i personally and so did my family think the hotel well brilliant, the staff well umbelievably nice and polite...i was half board and thought the selection of food was really good, dont expect much Greek food as they tend to cater for british people, always enough food for everyone although you do sometime end up waiting for the likes of egg, pancakes etc, but thy do them as fast as they come and at the end of the day or really fresh.
Breakfast is 7-10 and dinner is 7-9, for dinner make sure the men wear trousers and they were turning them away for wearing shorts, i think they want everyone to look smart...for breakfast you can wear what you like.
One certain days there is a photographer, dont be scared of her and she takes excellent photos which you can buy the next day and are quite cheap, think we got 4 photos for 20 euro's.

The hotel does have a bar all be it quite small, but we never stayed in the hotel as just a walk around the corner and you get to many bars which are really nice with friendly staff.

The hotel has three swimming pools, one at the fronmt and one in the center with an indoor one as well..... the pool is salt water so dont take a mouthful like i did...haha.

Plenty of sun beds for everyone which was good.
The rooms as spacious and have a big bathroom, we had a balcony overlooking one of the pools which was nice. The room service is everyday and make your beds and change the towels for you. All room come with remote air conditioning as it is reallllllllly hot.

The is also a tennis court and tv room, lucky for us cos the Grand Prix and Wimbledon was on.

Just outside the hotel across the rood, literally is the beach, beware this is a pebble beach, actually they all are...water is beautifully clear, this beach the water gets deep pretty fast but just ten minutes up the road is another beach with watersports etc, this starts off sand then goes to pebble but doesnt get as deep as fast, beware sand and pebble are scolding on the feet, i went and bought some of those water pumps things for 5 euros, life saver....

About 20 minutes from the hotel is the harbour which always has big cruise shift docked there and the Old Town, a very nice and historic place, loads of little shops and restaurants, be careful though as we ordered three small beers and got three, threee pinters, all good but not at 11am lol and for about 6 euros too.

We also went to the Acropolis, which is the site where the first Olympic Games were held, very nice but hot lol.

Did a trip to Lindos on the boat, takes about 2 half hours each was but beautiful sights and a tiring day, Lindos is quite literally a beach and a mountain, but a very nice one, lots of walking unless you ride the Lindos taxi's, which are ''donkey's''...did this on the way back down, well spent 10 euro's. Oh and on the way back the boat stops and you can take a dip in the sea, very nice.

Be careful of the road, manic drivers, don't cross at crossing untill both side have stopped as some dont.

Also went to Falaraki, not as lively as it use to be and pretty boring to be honest but an excellent beach and watersports, sandy beach and you can go so far in to the sea and still only be waist high.....

Other than that have fun, Rhodes in July, is was around 35 degrees everyday and never saw one cloud, the nights get breezy but not at all cold.....

Dont listen to the bad reviews go and look for yourself, Rhodes is a beautiful and vibrant place to holiday.....

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank StefanSalvatore
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here in April 2012... Initially we had booked to stay in a completely different hotel in a different area in Greece but our travel agent had to change our hotel over to the mitsis grand two days before we flew! This hotel was no where near as good as the one I had previously booked but hey, I had paid for the holiday so I tried to remain optimistic!! As soon as we got there we went to the bar for a drink, the hotel was quite busy as there were lots of people checking in - the bar was very very small so often had to queue for drinks which was annoying at first. In the end I asked for a tray and just filled it up with drinks so I wouldn't have to queue! The bar staff members were so so friendly and were always willing to help you in any which way they could! The food was good buy very much the same! The only thing Greek that was served was kebab! Towards the end of our stay I found a long dark hair in my food, I attempted to speak with the main hostess about this away from all of the guests as to ensure I did not put anyone off of their food and she was extremely rude. At first she tried sting the hair was mine, despite the fact I'm blonde! Then tried telling me it was oregano? Finally she agreed that it was a hair and apologised. This frustrated me as the hostess was extremely rude to me and she continually gave me evil looks for the rest of my stay! Not appropriate at all. I must stress, all staff were extremely helpful and friendly - apart from in the buffet area! Make the most of the al a carte restaurants! Chinese and Italian - both were lovely :-)
The corridors are tiled and every little noise can be heard! When you're in you room you can hear the kids 5 rooms up crying, doors slamming, people walking past your door... Not good! We had a door to our bedroom so we shut this every night to help keep the noise out! The beds were really hard and lots of people complained about this but I actually quite liked the beds! They were hard but I wasn't expecting a water bed! Jeez :)
The hotel is situated right near Rhodes old town, it'll take u around 20mins to walk there! It's beautiful in the old town and we spent most of our stay here! It's very expensive at the old town! We had a small diet coke, a beer, a pizza and musakka for a little over 40euros! Eat before you go!!
If you smoke then don't bother shopping around to get chep cigarettes or tobacco -- in Greece it's illegal to sell such products at different prices so wherever you go, tourist area or not, you'll find the cigarette prices are the same :)
We stayed at the mitsis grand in April so there was no entertainment whatsoever in the hotel and everything outside of the hotel was closed because it was out of season! Do no go in April as you will be very bored!
I did not particularly enjoy this hotel or holiday at all. If I had stayed there in a different month then maybe I would have enjoyed it more but unfortunately I found this hotel very boring with no entertainment whatsoever and the bar was too small! My boyfriend and I are not wild party animals and not interested in getting wasted every night but I be honest, we got so bored that we spent every evening getting drunk in our room!
One tip - TAKE A JACKET! I have never experienced weather like in rhodes! It was beautiful during the day but as soon as it hit 5pm/6pm, it was very windy and cold! :)

I hope this helps, message me if you want to know anything else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor as there is a large conventional room where party's are held and...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank kayla3003
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We read some bad reviews regarding this Hotel, boy we were pleased not to listen to them and taking a punt in staying there.
The Grand is an old hotel but you could see straight away that they have made an effort in giving it a lick of paint outside and inside, the Lobby and reception area was definitely grand, the pools were salty water but very nice and clean, we went half board were breakfast and main meals were of high quality, you must try the Chinese and Italian restaurant and the staff were friendly and helpful. Please don't listen to the bad reviews go and make your own mind up. I will not forget Rhodes and Rhodes town, Marvellous just marvellous enough said.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple