3,004 results
All reviews burger bar main restaurant the mexican restaurant pitta inclusive bar crepes sea view old town poolside restaurants salt water indoor pool reception staff guest relations thomas cook a la carte restaurants great holiday fantastic hotel
Reviewed 26 August 2013

First of all I have to say that It is not the kind of hotel which fits to me, huge buildings a lot of rooms and people.
Anyway thisHotel is not 4 stars Hotel, needs to be refurbished, the moquette is old and dirty, as I arrived in the Hall i smelt a bad smell (I think coming from the toilette), receptionist were not nice to us, I had to change the room because air conditioning did not work properly, the toilete was bad.

Room tip: I have no idea if tehre is any good room
1  Thank 1stravagante
Reviewed 23 August 2013

There are a few things you need to take notice of this hotel that caught my attention, we stayed there a week and altogether it's a good hotel...BUT...

The hotel is pretty big (two pool areas) though there's only one(?) bar for the all inclusive guests, and the bar can get a bit crowded and the staff can appear to be a bit over worked.

Beach towels are collected at the main entrance which seems a bit odd since my suggestion would be that these should be collected close to the reception or at the pool area.

Dining can be a bit crowded and beverages are served separately, which I found a bit annoying since I expected the beverages to be ordered once the table was assigned. This would be way more effective since it took a while before the beverages were served.

The A/C unit in our room was LOUD and out of the question to have on during the night.

The hotel is altogether nice and my conclusion is that it all depends on what you payed for your stay and what your expectations are. I expected more since it was advertised as a 4-star hotel, which in my opinion should be a 3-star hotel.

It needs a bit of touch up and does show some wear and tear, but nothing out of the ordinary.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicklas_thoren
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I spent seven days at the mitis grand in july 2013. with my husband and grandchildren, the hotel is stunning and the rooms were not huge but clean.the staff were first class could not do enough for you.my only complaint is that there was no entertainment for the children and only a man playing a piano thing a couple of evening. for an allinclusive the food was very good a bit samie but nice. the snacks inbetween meals was left over breakfast and lunch.rolls with ham and cheese and a toasty machine.the pools are salt water and the indoor pool is not.we spent every evening out as there was no entertainment and this added to the cost of the holiday,it is not a hotel that is set up for young children and i would not go again it was very expensive and should of had entertainment.

Date of stay: July 2013
4  Thank pauline h
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We spent 9 nights in the hotel for family vacation. Rooms are clean, nice, but nothing special. But good enough for a family vacation, no need to spend lots of time in the room. Key information around rooms: Very good beds, private air conditioning. Bathroom was clean, average from equipment. This is a very good 4* experience. Restaurant: We had all-in. Big respect for the restaurants: Highest quality, very good choice, excellent meat, excellent starters, overall: 5*. This was a real impressive experience. The hotel offers 2 restaurants "à la carte", Chinese+Italien. Both even higher quality. They are directly attached to the main restaurant, but still different and nice.
The hotel is not a huge hotel, so everything is a bit more private as in huge vacation hotels. No animation, calmer atmosphere. Still lots of children, so even a chance to find friends for our son.
Location: You can walk to the old citiy of Rhodes, car rental in the hotel, overall really perfect.

We'll come again - highest recommendation.

5  Thank Alexander Z
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We found the location to be quite good, right in front of the beach, 10 to 15 minutes walk away to the harbor and old town. However, it's around the corner from lots of local bars that cater to rowdy crowds, and a strip joint. Not our cup of tea, in fact, there was a very seedy element to that.
The staff was very nice, especially given the clientele, more on that later. They are accommodating, and welcoming.
The rooms, like the hotel, is a bit tired. While the same condition in small island hotels I wood insider it local and charming, but in a massive "five star" hotel, it's just tired. But it feels clean though. We had a ocean view balcony, and the view is amazing.
We were surprised to find upon checking in that this is an all inclusive hotel, meaning all meals, that'd be breakfast, lunch and dinner, and bar drinks are all included. This is both good and bad. The good is the buffet is large, and the breakfast is uncommon for Greece breakfast. You don't have to think about where to eat or which restaurant to sample in town; it's all there for you. The bad is exactly that, because its all inclusive, psychologically it deters you going to try other local eateries. And it's hurting the local economy. The food quality is ok. However, the staff had been very patient and welcoming, given how large the restaurant setting was, and how demanding and sometimes obnoxious the general clientele acted.
So here comes the clientele, if you want to have a truly Greek holiday experience, do NOT come here. If you want an easy, all inclusive, cruise ship like environment, where you line up at the buffet to get food, then come here. Sad to say the worst stereotypes of people were exemplified in this setting. Obnoxiously and self center behaviors are the norm in public areas.
We will definitely not go back here, but it's NOT because of the hotel nor the staff, they were great; but of the fellow travelers, the clientele that this setting attracts is not what I would consider my annual Greek holiday should consist of.