Olympic Palace Resort Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #11 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just returned from 10 days at the Olympic Palace on our Honeymoon, whilst we can't fault its cleanliness or friendly staff, I must say there were a few niggles. We chose to go all inclusive so that we didn't have to carry money around with us whilst at the hotel, however I would not do this again, the services seem never ending for all inclusive guests, however in reality the mid morning snacks and afternoon teas which they advertise are very limited and unless you were waiting when they appeared there may be nothing left, the windows for these facilities are about an hour and a half so you would assume that they would replenish the table for those came later, this however was not the case. Likewise in the restaurant, unless you went to dinner at 7 dinner served from 7-9.15 the choice was not as good and things would have run out, whilst we appreciate the hotel cannot supply a never ending supply, surely all guests should be entitled to the same choices, there was also usually a que for the restaurant which made it feel more like a cafeteria, hence we only had breakfast at the hotel and ate out in the evening.
There were tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms with 2 tea bags and two coffee sticks, these however were not replenished daily, when I asked for some more I was told that they did not do this on a daily basis, so we had to buy tea bags and coffee from a local shop to keep in the room, I could bring coffee up from the pool side cafe but apart from this being inconvenient as we were on the forth floor at the far end from the pool, this was not open after 4.30 or early in the morning.
The pool area was nice, but the entertainment team were very annoying, they did the same things every day and only seemed to have one tape to play which soon got very boring, it would have been better if they had a separate area for those wishing to take part instead of annoying those wishing to relax quietly . The evening entertainment was also far from what I would call entertainment, it consisted of guests playing silly games and Bingo
As this was our honeymoon we took time to look for a nice hotel, and whilst as previously mentioned the hotel itself was lovely and very clean and comfortable and the lounge area was very nice, overall I was disappointed as being a special holiday we wanted everything to be perfect and I felt this hotel lacking in several areas and due to that would not return, we have visited Rhodes on several occasions and have always had an amazing time but good accommodation for us is paramount.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a sea view and don't bother with all inclusive
2  Thank Aps260
Olympic Palace H, Guest Relations Manager at Olympic Palace Resort Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to bring your feedback to our attention.

We are very sorry to read that your expectations were not met during your stay with us and would like to genuinely apologize for any dissatisfaction felt.

Following your review, we had instigated an investigation on the issue with the morning snacks as we do not seem to have enough complaints to suggest that items were constantly running out. We can only assume that this may have been an isolated incident, for which we are really sorry, and would like to apologize again for any dissatisfaction felt.

As far as the restaurant is concerned, some small waiting times were observed on certain days during your stay, however it is our understanding that those were kept to the absolute minimum and had very few complaints in regards to this issue. Rest assured that we are monitoring the issue and are doing our best to minimize any disruption experienced. Thank you for bringing this point to our attention.

Kindly note that the hotel offers tea & coffee only upon arrival; this can then be replenished at a cost of €1. We are very sorry if this was not properly explained prior making the reservation despite the fact that the hotel informs in great detail all collaborating companies on what is included on the All Inclusive Board.

As far as the evening entertainment is concerned, we had recently some reviews complaining about the evening shows being too lively and noisy which had led us to change our program.

As you can appreciate animation programs are something very subjective especially when a hotel caters for various age groups and can only apologize again for any dissatisfaction felt.
Once again thank you for choosing Olympic Palace for your stay; we are very sorry that your honeymoon was not as anticipated and very much hope that there was some level of enjoyment out of your stay with us.

Kindest Regards,
Customer Services Department

Write a ReviewReviews (1,538)

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just returned from 1 week in this hotel,end june 2014 .Travelled as a couple, On arrival we were given a suite, room 212 which was very impressive.Kept immaculate by the cleaning staff . Food good and good organisation at meal times never had to queue for food which in my opinion is a big plus.Lots of choice ,Waiters very friendly and helpful .Plenty of sunbeds pool side and on the beach. Beach not the best but a bonus not to pay for sunbeds as we like to spend time on beach. We chose not to go all inclusive as like to go out in resort at night so cannot comment on entertainment .Easy walk to a few bars in resort .Staff in all areas of hotel were excellent, All in all a great hotel and holiday .Would definately recommend this hotel and would definately return. Thanks to all for making our holiday very enjoyable and relaxing.

1  Thank Marilyn D
Olympic Palace H, Guest Relations Manager at Olympic Palace Resort Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to read that you had a great holiday and that you found Olympic Palace to be a high standard hotel that you would definitely return to.

Thank you also for your positive comments in regards to our staff, accommodation standards as well as our restaurant and hotel’s cuisine; this is greatly appreciated by all of us working for Olympic Palace.

We very much hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in our hotel in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Just come back from a 2 week stay at the Olympic Palace, could not get over how quickly it went. A first class hotel, food very good so ething for everyone at all meal times. Enjoyed having the restaurant manager directing you to the tables, as if a problem you knew who was in charge and he knew you.
Pool area was lovely and no shortage of, loungers, umbrellas and tables. First time we did all inclusive but would do it again as very convenient, no need to carry lots of money with you.
we were 2, 68 year old persons and really enjoyed and would defi ately recommend.

Room Tip: I had a room facing mountain very cool quiet and relaxing
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cwmcarn Holiday... J
Olympic Palace H, Public Relations Manager at Olympic Palace Resort Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripdvisor.

It is with great pleasure to read that you had a lovely holiday with us and that you would choose to recommend our property to other holidaymakers; this is highly appreciated by all of us working for Olympic Palace.

Thank also for all the positive comments made as well as for your praise to our restaurant manager who will be very happy to know your opinion on the service delivered.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

11 day break at Olympic Palace Ixia Rhodes. June 2014. Shame about late evening flight with Thomas Cook as it meant arriving at Hotel @1.00am. very quick check in and bottle of water and sandwich waiting in fridge in room. I went all inclusive and had a double room for sole use, the safe in the room was free and the pool towels are already in the bathroom for your use..no deposits required. The room is of a decent size with large double bed (not two singles pushed together!) a balcony with table and chairs.(different rooms have different sized balconies) Room faced back of hotel but as I was on the 7th floor the view of the nearby cliff face was far enough away not to be a problem as watching the goats scale the cliff face was entertaining and the balcony got sun early morning till @ 2.00pm .
Rooms spotless and linen and towels changed daily with replenishment of bathroom condiments when required. Cleaning ladies usually @ 9.00am so all done by the time breakfast finished. I found that if you made a point of saying "good morning" to the ladies on leaving the room for breakfast then they usually made sure the room was finished before your return.The cleaning ladies were very approachable and always happy to speak and help if required. The hotel has 3 pools outside which on first glance appeared a little cramped on space but there were more than enough spaces and sunbeds throughout the day.The indoor pool is part of the spa but is still available to guests but was rarely used but all pools were clean and very welcoming. The pool bar did not do coffee even though it had a coffee machine but was well managed and the chap working there was friendly and worked all day with a welcoming smile.There is a snack bar at the hotel side of the pools where all hot drinks are available as well as midday snacks and cold drinks plus ice cream.never tried the snacks apart from the tubs of ice cream and all drinks are from vending machines.but were hot/cold depending on your preference and there was no limit to numbers of drinks as you helped yourself .
The restaurant has a system of being shown to a table at every .occasion , this I feel was not needed at breakfast time, there was a number of times on the evening when the restaurant manager called you into the dining area only to show you to a table that had already been allocated...(embarrassing for everyone) and then left to the staff clearing tables to sort it out...while he went and greeted more diners. The staff looking after the tables were very quick efficient.and friendly and should be thanked for their patience and hard work. Food at this hotel was excellent the plates could be very hot and the choice was plentiful all I would say is that there was no replenishment of dishes after 8.30? even though the last sitting is 9.15..this I feel was mentioned on a number of occasions especially about the desert section .on my last couple of days a lot more effort to presentation had been applied on the desert section ie: carved melons etc this I would have expected as standard for this class of hotel.lets hope it continues . The rooftop terrace does indeed give a fantastic view of the sunsets and surrounding areas, the bar staff again worked very hard and remembered your previous drink and asked if you would like the same again , being a single person I found that on returning to my table even though I would leave something there to show the table was taken , a chair would have disappeared , or someone else had taken the table...only on my last night did one of the waiters offer to fetch me a drink after I explained my predicament and this he did with apologies and a smile..obviously this is no fault of the hotel but other holiday makers.
The main reception I found clean and comfortable and always manned by helpful and smiling staff, the piano bar which is based by the reception is a large open area and also has the makings of a library although when I browsed this there were only a few books @ 8 ! must be the use of Kindles!
There is now a new small outside terrace off the 1st floor with new white furniture facing the sea view, at first this was thought to be a v.i.p. area but was actually open to use by all, this is a lovely place to sit in the mornings as the sun is only just reaching that area so is nice and cool.
The beach is over a busy road in front of the hotel and is a designated area it is not the best of beaches ie/;large pebbles need to be negotiated to reach the sea but the hotel was in the process of replacing the sunbeds and there were people making sure that only hotel clients used this area..
The all inclusive for this hotel was extremely good value as even on your last day regardless of your departure time your all inclusive continues until you leave. To hold a room for late checkout is an option but this cannot be confirmed until your last morning and even then is not guaranteed , I was originally entered into a diary for this request but on the morning was told this was not possible,and that there was a shower room in the spa that I could use and that I could have my valuables locked in the safe at reception I explained that I was unhappy with this and as I was not due to leave until evening asked again even if it meant moving to another room for the day...after a 10 minute wait reception agreed that I could keep my room until 5.45pm ( 40 euros) but well worth it.
The Animation team worked hard throughout the day: water aerobics,team darts,volleyball etc but lets hope that they are given a few more tunes to play as each day you could tell the time by the music being played. and the speakers could be better placed instead of being on the floor directly behind some sunbeds..as they do "boom" out their songs.
On the front grounds of the hotel there is a crazy golf pitch which seems to get used on an evening I think this may be a separate co, to the Hotel. There are shops and bars within walking distance of the hotel (the shop in the hotel sells most items) and a fair few restaurants if you are so inclined. The bus stops are opposite the Hotel entrance and reception will help with info on them, if you ask reception to call a taxi for you they will charge you 2 euros...you can get a taxi easily on the main road.
I had an excellent holiday at this Hotel and would like management to thank their staff for the hard work they put in day after day. The staff make the Hotel what it is and most of them appear to enjoy their work.
Thank you again for a great vacation.

Room Tip: Extra 20 euros per night for sea view but also sunsets and larger balconies. "mountain view&quo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank hpgreatholidays
Olympic Palace H, Guest Relations Manager at Olympic Palace Resort Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you ever so much for writing such a detailed review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

We are very happy to read that overall you had an amazing holiday in Rhodes and would like to thank you once again for all the positive comments made.

Kindly note that a seating has to be applied in the restaurant so as to ensure the smooth operation of this department and would like at this point to apologize if you felt that this policy was embarrassing at times.

As you can appreciate if the restaurant had a free seating policy that could potentially lead in long queues and unnecessary waiting time.

As far as the late check out is concerned, please note that nearly all hotels in Rhodes now follow this policy as it is impossible to know in advance whether any rooms will be available on your check out day. Having said that, please note that we always pay attention to such requests and do our very best to meet them subject to availability of course. We are glad to read that our colleagues were able to find a solution in your case.

Lastly, regarding the €2 being added to the taxi bill please note that this charge is not levied by the hotel but from the taxi association (a calling fee). We are sorry if you felt that the hotel was charging for this service but we can reassure you that this is not the case.

Once again thank you for choosing Olympic Palace for your stay; we very much hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back for yet another great holiday in Rhodes.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We visited the olympic in September last year. Overall we had a really great time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Hotel itself is modern, clean although some of the pool area toilets and gym are a little dated, it's got a really nice ambience. It has almost a wow factor from both the outside and the inside. There are some really nice ares in the lobby to sit and have a drink or just relax and chill. There is handy little shop with basics.

Pool areas- could be a little cold at times as they weren't heated but we did go toward the end of season in all fairness. But good large pools with enough room and wasn't over crowded.

Animation team were an annoyance, playing loud poppy remix music which was very repetitive and corny. The kind of thing a 5 year old would listen too. The games seemed quite immature and almost the kind of thing you'd see going on in a 18-30s in Benidorm. But we distanced ourselves so it didn't really affect us. The hotel and facilities are amazing, they should tone the animation team down abit though. I understand they should have some things going on but it doesn't have to be so tacky at times. Some of the things were good though like the water polo and the water aerobics.become times the bar tender at the pool bar can go missing. We weren't all inclusive so we weren't that bothered but noticed some other guests getting frustrated.

Staff- friendly, helpful, nice. Typical greek people!

Food- we were half board which meant we had breakfast and dinner included but we do like to explore the local restaurants of an evening and the hotel kindly agreed to allow us to swap dinner for lunch which was kind. The food was very good. Nice and fresh and something for every pallet.

Local ammenities- good selection of restaurants and bars right outside the hotel. 10 minutes from the old town by taxi and bus route outside hotel. The hotels beech which is shingle, doesn't bother me, but if your looking for sand you'd be better booking lindos. I'm no expert though.

Summary- wonderful time was had apart from some minor issues it was amazing. I'd be disappointed if I don't come back within 3-4 years.

Keep up the good work!!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Olympic Palace H, Public Relations Manager at Olympic Palace Resort Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for our hotel; this is greatly appreciated by all of us working for Olympic Palace.

We are delighted to read that you had a great time with us and would like to warmly thank you for all the positive comments made as well as for recommending our property to other holidaymakers.

Since your stay last year we have done quite a few improvements in our resort and we are happy to inform you that our gym area, the dressing rooms and toilets have all been renovated now.

As far as the pools are concerned, kindly note our indoor pool is heated during April, May & October that the weather is a bit unstable however during the rest of the summer months there wasn't a need to do so, at least based on the feedback received.

Animation programs are always something very subjective especially when a hotel caters for various age groups as what may seem entertaining to one guest might prove annoying to an other. We fully understand the issue raised and following some other guest reviews lately, we have started to evaluate and revise the content of the shows offered. Rest assured that we will continue looking into ways of improving this service.

On a positive note, we would like to thank you for praising our staff’s friendliness & helpfulness; most of our members of staff have been with us for many years and are no doubt the cornerstone of our establishment.

Once again thank you for choosing Olympic Palace for your stay; we very much hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back for yet another fabulous holiday in Rhodes.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

my wife and I have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Olympic Palace Hotel and have to say that it was a very enjoyable experience. We booked a double room with a sea view which I would recommend even though it is an extra cost. we stayed in room 409 which was a good size with a very comfortable double bed, walk in wardrobe area with a safety deposit box available for the modest cost of €12. The bathroom was ok and had a very powerful shower which I would recommend you do not use on full power. Another great feature was the air conditioning in the room which made for a very comfortable nights sleep. our room also had a large veranda.
The room maids were excellent, our towels and bed linen being changed daily.
We found all the hotel staff first rate, special mention for Irene and Natasa in the pool side café.

The restaurant was very well run at both breakfast and dinner, having a full and varied buffet selection, all of a very good standard.

The pool area as with the rest of the hotel was always kept very clean and in good order with three pools and ample sunbeds.

looking forward to returning to the hotel again soon.

Room Tip: Pay extra to have a sea view room.
2  Thank Nick P

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to bring your feedback to our attention following your recent stay with us.

It is always rewarding to read that a guest of ours had an enjoyable stay at the Olympic Palace and would like to warmly thank you for all the positive comments made as well as for recommending our property to other holidaymakers.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Enjoyed this very good hotel , we were on the second floor room 210 ,a large family room ,with views of the sea to the right and pool area to the left. Restaurant staff could not have been better looking after my wife's gluten free needs and always had a smile on their faces. The hotel is on a busy road and we never made it to the shallow pebble beach, but with a bus stop outside trips into Rhodes town are easy. On a night time you can be a bit isolated ,so either go to Rhodes town or take a left turn out of the hotel to the many bars/restaurants for their much cheaper drinks. Hotel's roof top bar is nice but some how misses it's mark.

Room Tip: spent the extra couple of quid and get a room on the front of the hotel.
1  Thank LarkinB54

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt well looked after; such reviews are the best way to reward all of us working for Olympic Palace and would like once more to warmly thank you for all the positive comments made.

Regarding our pricing policy, kindly note that we are very competitive in comparison to other hotels of our star category however (and this applies in most countries worldwide) it is not uncommon that prices found at hotels are always slightly more expensive in comparison to local bars.

As far as our roof top bar, there are plans to renovate this part of the hotel in the very near future; during the past 5 years we have carried out many renovations throughout the resort and addressed several issues that guests had brought to our attention including the WiFi network, lifts, gym area just to name a few.

Once again thank you for choosing Olympic Palace for your stay; we very much hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhodes Town
#1 of 20 in Kallithea
Amathus Elite Suites
Amathus Elite Suites
#4 of 126 in Rhodes Town

Been to Olympic Palace Resort Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!