Just a short note to say that our experience of the hotel as a couple aged 30 was that it had a slightly old fashioned feel to it. Dinner service, you often had to queue to get in, the. Wait to be seated, some people probably like this, we found it slightly annoying. My partner did not have long trousers so after two days of going to dinner in smart shorts we were initially told we could not enter and eat dinner. We politely argued that reception had said shorts were fine and with it being the Greek bank holiday we couldn't get to the shops anyhow. In the end they did allow us into dinner but had to sit in the corner by the waiters station and I (six months pregnant) had to serve my partner as he wasnt allowed to go to the buffet. This might sound petty but on holiday you just wAnt to relax and not feel like you're being restricted when you have paid all inclusive.
Main recommendations to improve experience: if people arrive on an evening flight at 9.30pm missing dinner by 15 mins then should a snack box not be available?
If enforcing rules in the dining room, ensure consistency...people were wearing trackie bottoms but because they were trousers this was deemed acceptable but smart shorts and smart shirt wasnt.
The all inclusive package actually includes the menu option the top floor bar which offers lovely food but this wasnt made clear and the staff weren't even sure.
Overall, we were abit disappointed with the a amathus . For our generation I would recommend a slightly less formal hotel with less rules. Note that it is also on a busy road so if you're looking for a peaceful location then this isn't it, as the sea view rooms obviously over look the road. The shower is really small if you enjoy lengthy showers you might be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes is the perfect place to enjoy an island escape. With forest to one side and the sparkling Aegean Sea and mountainous coastline to the other, accommodation is comfortable and spacious with the newest addition – the 37 Elite Suites – oozing style, space, sophistication and understated glamor. Along with delicious dining options, fabulous outdoor spaces and the largest and most unique spa on the island, it ticks all the right boxes. The hotel is open from April – end October each year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodian Amathus Beach Ixia
- Hotel Rodian Amathus Beach
- Rodian Amathus Beach Hotel
- Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes Rhodes Town