“Wonderful Hotel”

Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes
Ranked #12 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My cousin and I spent a week in June at this hotel and would highly recommend it. The food was excellent, you must try the Al'Carte restaurants they are amazing, all the staff were very friendly and nothing is too much trouble! The views are stunning we were on the 8th floor overlooking the Sea and the main dining room has two balcony's with the same views.
This was our first visit to Rhodes and pleased we chose to stay at the Amathus Beach.
Thank you to all the staff for making our holiday so special.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank lucyWindermere
Write a ReviewReviews (2,243)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

One of the best hotels we ever visited. Great accommodation, very good kitchen with a lot of variety, a super nice SPA wellness center !!!
But most of all : Amathus has got the friendliest crew I ever saw. Everybody that works at the hotel is always prepared to help you with anything and tries to make your stay as enjoyable as possible , in which they really succeed all the time.
The management clearly invest in its team !
The best example is the team at the bar at the eleventh floor. The bartender Stamatis is a professional all the way. He makes amazingly good cocktails, always with a smile. The waiters and waitresses at that bar obviously love their jobs and their team !
We will surely visit this hotel again !

Room Tip: The private suites in the area of the wellness center are TOP !
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Theofilos L, Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Friend,

Thank you for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community. Our team is our greatest asset and we indeed work hard to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. I am glad my colleagues created such wonderful experience for you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back and please do contact us if we can assist you with your booking.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel is really lovely.

It's clean, and has a sense of luxury and sophistication. It is definitely more 5* than a some others I have stayed in that claim to be 5*.

We were half board and this worked out to be fine. The food is excellent and well prepared. There is a great selection and it is well presented and cooked. Lots of choice and really lovely. You have to give your room number when you arrive which is a fairly fast process although they are still on paper and pen. I would definitely recommend asking to sit outside on the Terraces. The inside of the restaurant is a little stuffy and they insist on playing the most God awful "lift music" constantly during breakfast and dinner which is just horrendous. Avoid this by sitting on the Sea- side terrace so that you can watch the sun set in the evening.

The rooms are clean, and well kept. And again more spacious than previous rooms of this type I have stayed in. My only complaint is that we specified a TWIN room but this turned out to be a large double bed with two Duvets!!!! NOT what we wanted or expected, but we couldn't be bothered to complain so lived with it. There is also no kettle in the room so we got one from room service. (and paid for milk to be delivered which was very prompt)

The bathroom is fine, nothing special but the shower cubicle is the smallest thing I have ever stood in. I am by no means a "large" person, but even I had trouble turning round in the shower as the box is probably only 3Ft Square maximum with the taps right in the middle! (and no bath) - We were room 440 by the way.

Pool areas are great. There is a main outside family pool, adult pool and upstairs roof pool. All are fine, they play music all day at the main pool but it is not too intrusive, but i just cannot understand why these lovely hotels allow 18 year old bar staff to choose the music! Hard dance and crappy pop music at 10:30 am is not my idea of relaxing!
There is not much room round the adult pool, but it's quieter. The roof pool is lovely but there is very little breeze and it can be scorching hot and the pool is much warmer.
MY ONLY complaint was that there is a small section of the floor around the main pool area which is like an ice rink when wet. I was walking bare foot around the pool and fell over and smashed my elbow badly on the floor. I am still in pain with this. I also saw another two people fall over that day on the same floor. BE WARNED!! I just cant quite believe that the slippery tiles have not been replaced like the rest of the flooring has. They are lucky no-one has been seriously injured yet.

The Spa is incredible. I would honestly say it is world class. But you will pay a premium for it.
In the last hotel I stayed in Crete, I had a body mask, massage and exfoliating thing for 45 Euros for 80 minutes. In comparison the Spa at the Amatheus was 70 Euros for 55 minutes. But the environment is amazing. Beautiful sauna, steam room and facilities. I cannot fault it, and buying a treatment gives you full access all day, which includes an outside sun area with private pool which is just amazing and was pretty much empty both days that we did this. *HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
We also used the Gym everyday which is pretty well equip and very clean. (Machines and (old) free weights)

At night there is a number of areas around the hotel to sit and have a drink, but we decided to have a wander and found a lovely bar if you turn left out of the hotel just up the road (pretty much the first bar you come to "Keep it simple" - lovely cocktails and the waitress was efficient and lovely) - Worth a visit.

There are some great outside areas, the staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel is definitely a 5* hotel and really does have a sense of luxury. I looked at the photos before I went and felt it looked a little big and overwhelming, but when you are there it doesn't feel like that at all. There were not too many kids running around but I would imagine if you had some it would be good for them.

Can't comment on the entertainment as we didn't see any. And the Animations team pop round around twice a day to ask if you want to do water polo or whatever, but will leave you alone if you say no. There waiters walking round pretty regularly and will get you drinks at your sun-beds and charge to your room.

The beach is accessed by a VERY short walk through an underpass under the road and it really quite a nice beach. The hotel have obviously cleared most of the shingle and it is pretty much a sandy beach apart from the lip of the sea which is shingly. But the beds are comfortable and we didn't really have a problem getting one.

My one biggest criticism of this hotel (apart from the slippery floor) would be that you cannot get water ANYWHERE in the hotel. You have to pay for it (if you are half board) by the pool, at dinner and the beach. Although it is only 2 Euros a bottle, I just felt that water from a few machines around the place would not be an unreasonable addition to the facilities.

We took a trip to Old Rhodes town which is definitely worth it. Around 3 Euros each way by bus right out side the hotel ( and takes about 15/ 20 minutes each way) Go on a cooler day if you can as its hot walking round the town.

Would I return? YES if i needed a simple week away to relax where you don't want to worry about much.
I would almost certainly cost up the ELITE guest package which gives you your own restaurant, room with pool and access to the spa for your stay. This would be the ultimate package i would imagine.

I would recommend this hotel and having stayed in hundreds of hotels like this in places like Egypt and Greece - This was one of the best.

Room Tip: 440 had a good view, large bed (NOT A TWIN!!) and a lounge area for sitting and a reasonable size ba...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank skybod

Dear Friend,

Thank you so much for your detailed description of the hotel and for sharing it on TripAdvisor.

I am thankful for your constructive comments on which we took immediate action and changed the music around the pool. We have also asked from our external partner to re-do the anti-slip coating on the tiles around the pool.

I specially appreciate taking the time to mention in great detail all the advantages the hotel's location offers. Everyone in the Amathus team is proud to have made this holiday special for you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back, please do contact us if we could assist you with your booking.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

It was the first time we've been to Greece. Everything came to our expectations service, food, friendly staff and facilities. We had a rest with a family of three with a child of 9. The Lobstrer Party and Greek dancing are also highly recommended as well. The beach line is nicely equiped and served so you won't regret at all! Our special thanks to LADIES on the receiving staff on the 10-th floor and animation group( volleyball guys!!! :) ) Thanks for our perfect stay and good luck !!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank IreneZV

Dear Friend,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. We are glad you have chosen our hotel for your first visit in Greece and happy to have met your expectations. Thank you for your kind comments regarding my colleagues, rest assured they have been acknowledged for making your holiday a special one.

Looking forward welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

For the 25th time we visit this hotel and still we loved it. We arrived on the 29th of May 2014 for two weeks. The people in the reception gives you a feeling of homecoming, thank you Kristina and Gaynor. And off course Filip the host.You immediately get the lazy holiday feeling as the friendly Vasilis brings your luggage to your room.

Our sea view room 717 looked as the best, bottle of champagne and various fruits from the management thanks gentlemen.
Slept in the huge bed with good mattress. The varied food at breakfast and dinner was perfect again. There is meat, fish, pasta and vegetarian.

Compliments to the people in the restaurant on the 10th floor, Vasilis Sakellaris and Manos and the waiters Socratis, Aris, Maria, Liza, Cindy, Yannis and others. After dinner at the bar on the 11th floor, where you will be served by the friendly bartender Stamatis. We know him now for many years and he is one of the reason that we come back to the this hotel. He is always friendly even when he is very buzzy he makes the time to talk to everyone. He remember most of the drinks that the people has ordered. He always ask if the drinks are good. And they are. Also on the 11th floor, you can sit outside and enjoy the view and on certain evenings you have good live music for example the band Colorado.

The rooms are clean. The hotel has a nice spa, two swimming pools, one on the 11th floor and one on the ground. This hotel is an ideal place to enjoy a wonderful and relaxing holiday.

For us it’s a perfect hotel, and we go back in September.
Greetings Harm and Marianne from Holland.

1  Thank Marianne H

Dear Harm and Marianne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

Needless to say how thankful we all are for your loyalty and continuous support. It is wonderful to have you here every year and have the chance to catch up, your comments and feedback is greatly appreciated. You, along with so many other returning guests, represent the heart of our hotel and we are happy to welcome you at your Rhodian "home".

Thank you for the world cup poster and looking forward to welcoming you back in September.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

A truly fantastic hotel to get away to. Sea view room has to be a must - the sunsets are magical. Was also extremely comfortable and spacious. Always sat in different places in the main restaurant (10th Floor) during breakfast and diner - quite often outside on the balconies overlooking the sea. Lunch in the open air restaurant (11th floor) was super good too! Absolutely no complaints about the food. All cooked to a high standard with various different cuisines put in the mix throughout the week. ALL the staff were super friendly and an absolute pleasure to chat to. For my girlfriend and I, it was Ilias, the head barman, who stood out most for us. With regards to the pools, if you like reason peace and quiet, keep to pool on the 11th floor or the adults only pool down on the ground floor. Old town Rhodes is only a few minutes drive north along the coastal road - well worth a trip to go see the old fort and quaint little greek street. Cheers guys great holiday

Room Tip: 8th Floor is a very safe bet!!
1  Thank Tom P
Theofilos L, Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Friend,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay with us. Thank you for your positive comments, especially with regards to our team members, which I have shared with them. Your feedback is certainly very important for us as a reflection of our focus in exceeding our guest expectations.

Once again, thank you for recommending our hotel and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes in the near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my partner for 10 days in June 2014. We stayed all inclusive, the hotel was fantastic, the staff were extremely friendly, helpful, hard working, Ilias who works in the 10th floor hotel, Sevi and Zane all made our holiday incredibly enjoyable. I have stayed in hotels all around the world and the staff here were the best I have ever seen, Excellent food and atmosphere, pool deck for lunch over looking the sea, and for drinks in the evening. The smart casual wear for men is strict but much nicer than sitting around and men not wearing any clothes. Sea view room had exceptional views. All in all the best holiday, 5 star for a good reason. Looking forward to our next visit already.

Room Tip: Sea View Room
1  Thank Vicky785480

Dear Friend,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is pleasing to read your flattering comments and especially your mention regarding my colleagues. The whole Amathus team is committed to creating memorable holidays for our guests and happy we could do that for you and your partner.

Looking forward to welcoming you back and please do contact us if we could assist with your booking.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhodes Town
Rodos Park Suites & Spa
#6 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas
Olympic Palace Resort Hotel & Convention Center

Been to Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes? Share your experiences!