“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #11 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Surrey, England
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed a week with my daughter. The staff are all extremely helpful, and always seem happy to see you. I had a lovely sea view on the 8th floor which was extremely comfortable and clean. Breakfast was excellent, lunch was good, but we found dinner to be a bit too similar to lunch and ended up eating out for the second half of the week. On the positive side we always managed to get sunbeds around the pool on the 11th floor which was on the whole quiet and relaxing with a great pool bar. There were a really good range of drinks included in the all inclusive too. Now for the niggles - the evening entertainment was poor, a couple of bands, a piano player and a couple of awful shows. The wifi didn't really work, and the satellite tv only had news channels in English. We treated ourselves to a massage in the spa which weren't cheap but it was a really good massage and lovely environment. Overall we had a really good week and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: the top pool is much quieter than the main pool
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mandajaneb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Shropshire
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We have just got back from two weeks at this lovely hotel. From start to finish it was everything we had hoped to get from our all inclusive holiday. The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We had a couple of minor issues which were dealt with quickly by staff once reported. There was a good selection of entertainment in the evening. We thoroughly enjoyed the day time activities and big shout out to the Animation Team who gave the right amount of encouragement to participate and gave us some great memories. We had three mountain view rooms on the 8th floor and didn't feel we were missing out from the sea view ones. The rooms were comfortable and cleaned daily. The decoration was good. The food was great; variety and quality. Location was great. Spa was unforgettable. All in all a great holiday and we would return.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carol F
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Never been to Rhodes so didn't know what to expect but we were certainly not disappointed with what we found. Staff, accommodation, facilities all excellent and made our stay just what we hadhoped for. Plenty of relaxation, wonderful Rhodes Town close by and several trips. Couldn't fault our holiday. Enjoyed it so much we plan to return next year for my wife's "special" birthday.

Room Tip: We booked a mountain view suite but actually got a sea view. Really wouldn't have mattered which...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel is made exceptional with the friendly staff, wonderful views and pool areas and great food. The staff really did make my holiday special. I was a lone traveller and a week in the Amathus was perfect. I used the 5 star spa facilities (albeit at extra cost) but I was there for a bit of relaxation that is what I got. The food is amazing with a very wide choice. The hotel is clean and well kept and views to beat anywhere in the world. I had a sea view room on the seventh floor which was acceptable. The rooms are not the best I have seen but the view and the friendly staff make everything perfect. I upgraded from half board to all-inclusive which worked out very well for me. It sometimes became a bit tedious signing for everything but I guess there has to be a way of keeping track of usage. The entertainment was good and the bar on the eleventh floor fab. All in all a great place and location for a relaxing week in the sun. Very hot. Only 10 euros (including tip) to travel to old and new Rhodes Town which I would have done more if the hotel had not been so good but definitely worth the visit. I would return. Review from bonny Scotland solo female traveller.

Room Tip: The executive area looks amazing if you can afford it. The views on the upper floors sea view amazin...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Joni N
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This hotal is exellent by all means, BUT!!! This I must say:
ISRAELIS NEED TO BEWARE!!!!
As we arrived, we got a terrible room at the 2nd floor (though we asked for a sea-view room in a high floor), with a bush-view, air conditioner that doesn't work, an unbearable noise and two connected single beds. Shortly afterwards, we found out that all Israelis got rooms in that bad, 2nd floor. We wouldn't agree to compromise in any way and asked for another room. They said that the hotell is fully-booked and they don't have another room at the moment. After some waiting, they led us to a room at the 3rd floor, with a forest view and with a shower that doesn't evan have margins on the floor... Again - back to the reception with a demand for a proper room. In that point, we also talked to our travel agent and asked her to assist. After a quite long waiting, we finally got what we paid for - a room on the 8th floor, with a great sea view, double bed, a bathtub and even a fruit basket. THEN WE COULD REALLY START ENJOYING THIS HOTEL.
The WiFi is not so good, in our room the signal was pretty bad. It worked better when going out to the balcony.
The pools are great, there is a pool at the 11th floor which is very quiet and the big pool outside the lobby, with the waiters and the bar - great service!
The meals were also great, a vast variety of food. I was a bit dissapointed from the deserts though. Water needs to pe paid for (2 Euros). The staff was very kind.
We went to the Spa also, to celebrate my birthday - a double massage cost 140 Euros, which also included free entrance to the misc Spa utilities - Turkish Hamam, Jacuzzi, Sauna... The spa is really amazing, beutifully decorated and very relaxing. I enjoyed each minute of it. The massage was exellent.
We rented a car from the car rental representative that set at the lobby - she was also very very nice and we loved sitting and talk to her, beyond the car rental business.
I would rate the hotel with five stars unless they would gave us these poor rooms at our arrival. It is pretty shame that they behave to Israelis like that. Besides that, all was exellent. Insist to get a better room if your'e not happy with what you got. Its woth it.

Room Tip: Sea-View room is a must! Also, ask for a room at the higher floors - NEVER STAY AT A ROOM ON THE 2ND...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Lena G
Godstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I can't really fault the hotel at all, the staff were all friendly, we had an excellent view of the sea from the Balcony, the beach was clean and tidy (apart from the last day or so where high winds had brought up a lot of seaweed) and the main outdoor pool was very smart.

The Beach was located the other side of the road, accessed by a tunnel from the hotel complex, so I've rated the hotel as Beachfront

I would however add the caveat that this hotel felt far more geared to Families and Couples than a group of friends

The food in the Buffet style restaurant was OK, nothing particularly special, but pleasant enough, and a great view if you manage to get a table outside at the front.

We didn't really try the pool on the 11th floor, just didn't seem to have the right atmosphere for a few ads on holiday.

I also wish we'd investigated a bit more, because one of the fancy rooms with the private pool would have been excellent.

Room Tip: I've not stayed in many, but the view of the sea (and Turkey) from the balcony on the hotel room...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The good..

Breakfast spread was amazing - one of the best.
Food in general was great
Had a bungalow by the pool and it was a nice room overlooking a herb garden.
Staff really cared and tried hard to honor all requests
Great gym and spa
Entertainment at night was very good.
Close to town and walking to shops/restaurants

The not so good..

Checked in late at night. Really slow check-in.
Requested a quiet room. Ended up in the noisiest room of my room type the first night but was able to move to another room the second day.
Room cleanliness was hit or miss depending on the housekeeping staff. Had to request a second cleaning one day.
Bathroom flooded one of the days and waited really long for housekeeping to come clean the room when I was trying to nap before dinner.
Furniture little outdated.

Overall I had a good time but lots of little things that could have been better and why it gets a 3 vs. 4 star.

Room Tip: I had a bungalow at the back of the pool which was spacious and more comfortable than a regular hote...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Theofilos L, Manager at Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Friend,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. My apologies for failing to meet your expectations. Your comments are valuable as they help us improve facilities and services offered.

Once again thank you for your valuable feedback.

Kind regards
Elysium Resort & Spa
Elysium Resort & Spa
#1 of 20 in Kallithea
Olympic Palace Resort Hotel & Convention Center

Been to Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes? Share your experiences!