Sentido Ixian Grand
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sentido Ixian All Suites(Rhodes Town)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Nathalie Hotel(Rhodes Town)
  • Breakfast included
K Boutique Hotel(Rhodes Town)
Sunday Hotel(Rhodes Town)
  • Pool
1,601 results
All reviewsprivate pooljacuzzi bath on the balconypool bargarden viewalazonia restaurantphillips barmain restaurantplenty of sunbedssea waterdeluxe roomsun loungerswelcome drinkrelaxing holidaybuffet styleevening entertainmentgreek nighta la carte restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Having returned from a peaceful week away at The Ixian Grand Suites...I can confirm that 'all doubters be slane and rest assured that this was possibly, one of our best relaxing holkidays to date'
We have travelled and it is not often that our expectations are met, but here at the Grand Suites they were....The staff are cool, well mannered and warm, the rooms was excellent and kept well, and the pool ( & this is going to sound ridiculous) was actually exactly like it was shown on the site!...Just stunning. We were in heaven for the week..
We were delighted with the fine dining arrangements reserved for the suite guests and the later breakfast (til 11am) which suited us well...Alex in the restauarant was a hero, sparkling wine to start, 5 courses and a selection of decent wines too! Pool Bar team were on top form, cleaners Room & Pool (as we had our own pool, here) were great and Would we return?....Like a shot! The hotel was full, claen and a delight to be passing thru...The local area is 10mins (12€) to the Old Town. Locally, not too much going on but the sea was warm and the local tavernas that we tried Antonios were fab too...Overall a very good Grand suite experience, Thank you...I'll be back

Room Tip: Book direct
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WindsorBob6
Reviewed 14 July 2011

On the whole the hotel is okay but not anywhere near the 5 star hotel we were expecting. My biggest moan is the restaurant. There is a dress code for men i.e. they must wear long trousers to dinner despite women being allowed to wear anything bar bikinis. Its 35 degrees outside for god sake. This was not advertised. We tried to reason with the unreasonable head waiter and manager but was told I could sit as long as my wife got my dinner for me. A diificult hotel policy to understand.

I have to agree with some of the comments about the head waiter, we also witnessed a new arrival being returned to the line at the front door with a bowl of soup in hand just because the 'full of self importance' waiter hadn't seated him at a table which in most cases wasn't ready in the first place. The other main complaints are also restaurant related i.e. they are extremely slow to clear tables, they run out of glasses for fruit juice most mornings and it would be nice if some of the staff smiled once in a while.

The room itself was great with a private pool with nice and clean with fresh towels and linen each day however we did feel a lot of the public areas could have been cleaner.

The hotel has poor extra curricular activities with little entertainment and no activities available from the hotel. If you're looking to lie in the sun day in day out, the hotels ideal however if you're looking to be entertained you need to bring you're own.

The hotel is in a not bad location with bars and restaurants a short walk in either direction from the hotel. There is public transport 5 minutes away which takes you the short journey to Rhodes town centre for approx. 2 euro for a single journey.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert151267
Reviewed 14 July 2011

we have just returned from the Ixian Grand (today),
the Ixian Grand looks like a 5 star hotel ,but appearance can be misleading - the first day our room was flooded - (rooms are superior and deluxe -ours was deluxe!), the maintenance guy puled all kind of Sh@@#$ from the drains and then our room had to be cleaned again(we were soaking in filth all over the room) - poor maintenance - 2 nights later the A/C stopped working - 5 hours of calls without any real answer(weather is 35 C/95 F with a 80 % RH) - many of the rooms were affected as there was a whole notebook filled with complaints regarding the A/C(other rooms were fine but they refused to move anyone)- don't bother calling the front desk - they are not qoute "informed" unquote ( or tell you a technician will be right over - then never call you back) .
I asked for a confirmation of everything that has happened in a written form - they promised(guaranteed) that I'm going to get the needed doc but refused THE VERY LAST Hours OF MY STAY.
an interesting story - before I ordered I went through several negative feed-backs - one of them stated that although the official site states there are DVD's in the rooms there weren't any - the hotel manager commented that there are D VD's available - you just have to ask (in an official comment that can be found on trip advisor) so obviously I did not bring my portable one - when I asked for a DVD - they said it depends on availability and there isn't one available ,after a day or so they finally found one with no remote - couldn't get into the menus as this one had no buttons except play- and there was no other DVD available so I guess the hotel manager did not really tell the truth this is not a brand new hotel but rather a refurbished one - if your unlucky enough to encounter a problem -hotel stuff are helpless ,and indifferent - beware.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank RonNer088
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My wife and I stayed two full weeks in a Grand Suite with private pool. The upgrade from a regular room was well worth the cost, primarily because the suites are better located and way larger.

The food, we had breakfast and dinner incl., was varied and well prepared and presented.

Pool areas are as nice as the pictures indicate. A surprise in itself really :-). One of the pools is a sea-water pool. Much more fresh than the avg. chorine ones.

Some hotels offers a concierge service. Ixian Grand trumps that with 'customer relation' function, staffed with an incredibly positive, visible, helpful and 'allways on' young woman who knew practically everything about Rhodos, the hotel, its features and systems so that any and all topics and queries got resolved in a flash and with a smile. Awesome.

We also connected well with the people in the restaurant, the pool bar etc., and in my view the people makes all the difference between an OK stay and a great one. Five stars!!

Room Tip: Get the suites with a private pool!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TorsteinThorsen
Reviewed 11 July 2011

This is not by any means a 5 stars hotel, maybe a 3+. I have never met nor imagined that the staff in a 5 star hotel can be so rude as they were at the Ixian.
We had bought an "deluxe seaview" room and were given a room with dirty walls, poor finishes, a jacuzzi that was more of a joke, our seaview was mainly a rusty balcony underneath filled with garbage and broken glass.
We asked for a replacement, were treated badly, put to wait for 2 hours for the manager, who reluctantly agreed to show us two other rooms the next day. The next day they showed us two rooms smaller and dirtier than the one we already had. They would not refund us and let us leave so we had to stay.
The morning bufet gets boring the second day, barely worth eating the next. There were just two evenenings when the food was enjoyable, the rest was bad.
The lounge chairs in the pool area were battered and old as were the coushions on them.
Unfortunately, all this, the extreme rudeness of the staff and the fact that aparently in Greece there are no authorities to protect the customers interests, got the better of our vacation. There are good people, restaurants and hotels on Rhodes. Don't waste your holiday on this one.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family