Stayed for a week with my husband from the 11th to 18th September. Had a sea view room, this was located at the front of the building, ie not parallel to the sea but we had a unrestricted view and got a good bit of people watching in as we could see all the comings and goings at the hotel entrance! Room number 332.
Hotel looks very grand when you walk in, the staff were very helpful and friendly. We stayed half board so brekkie and evening meal included. Food was of good quality, plenty of choice and fresh food was constantly brought out even 20 minutes before they stopped serving! Breakfast is 7-10am, advise to go after 9 as is quieter and better atmosphere. Evening meal from 6.30-9.30pm and after 8pm is quieter and more chance of nicer seat near the window/pool area. Go during busier times at your peril!
Plenty of sunbeds when we went and we are not early risers! Towels exchanged at pool bar no problems.
Only problem we had was with our key card, at least once a day we had to go back to reception from our room(third floor) to get the card recharged as it would not work. Do not put in your wallet or purse of wallet or anywhere where the magnet strip may get rubbed, this seemed to render it useless!
Oh and during busy times(ie around 9am and 5pm) the water pressure drops, alot! And our hot water even stopped twice during our stay. I think it shouldn't be too much to expect a large hotel to be able to keep up with water demand and when you've just shampoo'd your hair when it happens it's pretty annoying.....
All in all a very good hotel, described as 5 star, more like a good 3 practically, looks very good but the above niggles are not 5 star IMO. The west of the island tends to be windy, we had a few days of calm weather and swimming in the sea was great but on 2 days it was so windy the waves were huge! Not safe really unless windsurfing!
A good base for the rest of Rhodes, Ixia is ok as a resort but it's only 10 mins to Rhodes town on the bus so I would advise people to leave the resort and explore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Ixian Grand - Adults Only (over 16 y.o.) is a premium beach SPA Resort at the west coast of the island Rhodes directly located at the Ixia beach. Moreover, the SENTIDO Ixian Grand - Adults Only has got 211 rooms with a cozy ambience. Just a few minutes away from the hotel is the UNESCO world heritage "the historic center of Rhodes" and the "Mount Flerimos" with an huge panoramic view. Enjoy the sunset at the beach, the attractive surroundings and the premium hotel SENTIDO Ixian Grand - Adults Only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sentido Ixian Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ixian Grand Hotel Ixia
- Ixian Grand Ixia
- Sentido Ixian Grand Rhodes/Rhodes Town