Stayed at the Ixian Grand for two weeks. Beautiful surroundings, two big pools and a lot of sunbeds. (be early to get a good spot). The Beach is litteraly next to the poolarea, but it's pebbles all over the place, so get some swimming shoes from a supermarked in Ixia.
They have greek night on mondays, be sure to get a table early when the greek band is playing.
You also get one a la carte dinner if you have all inclusive. The food was excellent.
If you have all inclusive there's a buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Food is ok but I expected more from a five star hotel.
You cand find some great restaurants in Ixia and Rhodes town.(Try the Luna Bar, 10 minute walk from the hotel.)
You also need to bring a papercard with you, for the all inclusive part. Should've been bracelets instead.
There's two bars, one in the pool area and one at the reception/Lounge area. The drinks are defintely better at the reception bar and the bartenders are a lot nicer here than in the poolbar.
The drinks in the poolbar were often made with too much alcohol and they tasted bad.
If you need to get something fixed from the reception you have to ask them during daytime. the nightshift receptionist could'nt answer any of our questions.
We stayed in a great room with views to the garden and SPA area, on the1st floor.
The housekeeping was ok but they should`ve cleaned the VERY dirty mirrors between the last people staying in the room and before our arrival. On the plus side you get new towels and a bottle of water every day.
If you have a late flight on your departure day you may get a late checkout room to rest/shower, but it will cost you 75 Euro. We chose to use the showers in the gym instead. Use shoes, the floor is slippery in the locker room.
Overall it was a great place to stay, but more like a four star hotel in my opinion.
Taxi to and from Rhodes town is 10 Euro. 13 Euro if you ask the hotel to book it for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Ixian Grand - Adults Only (over 16 y.o.) is a premium beach SPA Resort at the west coast of the island Rhodes directly located at the Ixia beach. Moreover, the SENTIDO Ixian Grand - Adults Only has got 211 rooms with a cozy ambience. Just a few minutes away from the hotel is the UNESCO world heritage "the historic center of Rhodes" and the "Mount Flerimos" with an huge panoramic view. Enjoy the sunset at the beach, the attractive surroundings and the premium hotel SENTIDO Ixian Grand - Adults Only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Sentido Ixian Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ixian Grand Hotel Ixia
- Ixian Grand Ixia
- Sentido Ixian Grand Rhodes/Rhodes Town