“Great stay at the Ixian Grand”

Sentido Ixian Grand
Ranked #17 of 127 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Bergen
“Great stay at the Ixian Grand”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Stayed at the Ixian Grand for two weeks. Beautiful surroundings, two big pools and a lot of sunbeds. (be early to get a good spot). The Beach is litteraly next to the poolarea, but it's pebbles all over the place, so get some swimming shoes from a supermarked in Ixia.
They have greek night on mondays, be sure to get a table early when the greek band is playing.
You also get one a la carte dinner if you have all inclusive. The food was excellent.
If you have all inclusive there's a buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Food is ok but I expected more from a five star hotel.
You cand find some great restaurants in Ixia and Rhodes town.(Try the Luna Bar, 10 minute walk from the hotel.)
You also need to bring a papercard with you, for the all inclusive part. Should've been bracelets instead.
There's two bars, one in the pool area and one at the reception/Lounge area. The drinks are defintely better at the reception bar and the bartenders are a lot nicer here than in the poolbar.
The drinks in the poolbar were often made with too much alcohol and they tasted bad.

If you need to get something fixed from the reception you have to ask them during daytime. the nightshift receptionist could'nt answer any of our questions.
We stayed in a great room with views to the garden and SPA area, on the1st floor.
The housekeeping was ok but they should`ve cleaned the VERY dirty mirrors between the last people staying in the room and before our arrival. On the plus side you get new towels and a bottle of water every day.
If you have a late flight on your departure day you may get a late checkout room to rest/shower, but it will cost you 75 Euro. We chose to use the showers in the gym instead. Use shoes, the floor is slippery in the locker room.
Overall it was a great place to stay, but more like a four star hotel in my opinion.

Taxi to and from Rhodes town is 10 Euro. 13 Euro if you ask the hotel to book it for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with views to the little pool in the back garden area.(SPA area) Quiet at night. St...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jorunn S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The place was slightly confusing and by the time you figured things out you were leaving. I pre ordered more than a week in advance a hotel taxi to come and pick me up (as it was at night) but no one came and when I called they said I hadn't ordered any car; so that was disappointing. The bar bars and list of drinks was great! The food was ok, nothing amazing. I for myself believe a bracelet would be better rather than a piece of paper for people with all inclusive. I had to go back to the room several times to retrieve the paper. The people at the reception were very helpful (ex. I got locked out of my room). I however thought they would be more helpful in helping me find interesting things to do. The sea and beach and pools were great. The lock on the door didn't work and the door to my bathroom wouldn't close which didn't matter as much as I was alone however wouldn't be good if I was with someone. I believe the managers (especially of the bars) should be a little less harsh on their barmen (or at least so obviously harsh in front of us customers) as it doesn't look very professional. And unfortunately many times the reason they seemed harsh was because we were talking to them. Figuring out where the fitness was and other excercise things was very hard and no one was really capable of helping me figure it out. However overall I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank SabinaKines
Brighton
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My boyfriends and I (both of us are in our late 20s) stayed here in August. We received a complimentary upgrade on arrival to a junior suite - with our very own pool!!!
The hotel looks fab, and it was really clean, staff were overall nice - some really lovely, others blunt!
Nice mix of people staying - couples and families so good feel around pool. We initially thought we would try and avoid kids/families but actually it was a really nice mix. Enough quietness for chilling, with a bit of life too!
Food was reasonable - with plenty of variety in all inclusive. We received a voucher for one of the better restaurants (not included in all inclusive) and that was really nice. One fault...3-4 cats strolling around! For a lot of people that's fine, but I'm not a fan. They are encouraged by people feeding them at the table.
I don't normally write reviews but both me and my boyfriend felt this deserved a glowing (yet honest) review.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Nicole_Barrett87
Kfar Saba, Israel
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Our family stayed at the hotel for 4 nights (all inclusive). Very nice swimming pool and beach. Rooms (Main building) are nice, but not properly maintained. The food is good and varied. Nice and helpful staff. The only problem is the air conditioning system. Air-conditioning in public areas and the rooms very weak. There is no air conditioning in the gym. Overall we enjoyed the holiday, and we recommend the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank amdan1962
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one week last summer. We found an amazing deal for the hotel on 'secret escapes'.
We really enjoyed this holiday. The hotel was luxurious and really relaxing. We always managed to get a sun lounger each day.
The breakfast and diner was always a buffet, however, the food was freshly prepared and really nice as well as healthy.
The beach is pebbly, so we always sunbathed by the pool area. But the sea has great waves.
Our room was amazing, really stylish and modern. However, the bathroom was 'concealed' with a glass wall. This was not ideal for our first couples holiday away together !
We had a balcony too overlooking the courtyard. Really quiet.
There were regular buses into Rhodes town. Ixia itself is very quiet, but we did visit a few of the small bars there. We visited in September, so things were a bit quieter anyway.

Loved it - fab couples holiday!!!!

Room Tip: check out secret escapes for a good deal ! i think we only paid £500 for one week half board in sept
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mhunter2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Me and my husband spent two weeks in this hotel and I can say that the time spent here was amazing, we had a great time!
I want to thank the sports coach NIKOLAY for the GREAT classes of yoga, pilates, Flexi Bar, Aqua Fit, Stretching and others. The program includes three activities before lunch and two more in the afternoon. This is by far the BEST and most educated coach I"ve ever met and I"ve been involved in sports for many years.
The hotel has a new gym, which is suitable for people who want more chassis and aerobic exercises. I highly recommend this hotel and hope next summer to return here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Michael N
SENTIDO_Ixian_Grand, General Manager at Sentido Ixian Grand, responded to this review, 12 May 2015
Dear guests,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online on Trip Advisor.
Further to your comments, we would like to express our gratitude for your kind words. It is always pleasant to us to get the feeling of our guests' satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
In the meantime, should you require any additional information or help with anything, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Best regards
Halden, Norway
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Positive: food/drinks (, hotel, beach/pool, rooms

Negative: I think the bed was very exclusive but it was just a bit too hard for us, and I also recomend to bring your own pillow.

I also recomend the all inclusive, excellent value and very good food and drinks. This hotel offered a lot more drinks and bether food than other all inclusive hotels I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Bring a pillow
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank David H