We just got back from the Ixian Grand being very disappointed with our stay. We had booked through our agent, after seeing the hotel site and photos and were actually wondering what could go wrong on a 5* vacation. Well, the beach is awful, full of rocks, no sand at all ( I have even cut a finger while bathing) and the rocks go for about 3 meters into the water making it very unpleasant to bathe in the sea. There aren't even nearly enough seats at the beach, and, after we were left with no seats the first day, we had to wake up early every morning, hunt and occupy a spot. Our beach towels were not changed for the entire stay there...they could almost adhere to furniture...
The room ambiance was ok, not much to complain here other than the sink being placed in the hallway, right next to the door and the shower drain being clogged...
The room was positioned over the kitchen it seems and we were awaken every morning by the sound of dishes and staff talking.
The morning buffet was also ok, however the dinner buffet food was inedible. None of the food had any taste and the resemblance to the Cuisine themes they attempted every evening was a failure (I will not mention what they did to Italian and Spanish cuisine).
We also had to queue for up to 10 minutes to be seated at dinner, even as they had two staff members (mis)handling this.
The pool bar has a small variety of drinks and, interestingly enough, they seem to interpret the order their own way (had ordered Fanta and received something local, not even close to it) even though the prices are through the roof.
Regarding the location, when leaving the hotel it's advisable to rent a car rather than traveling on foot, as there's a lot of dust and abandoned sites. I will give them at least this - the hotel cannot decide upon others' property, so the way the surrounding properties look is not their fault.
We are overall disappointed with our stay there and would not recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Ixian Grand - Adults Only (over 16 y.o.) is a premium beach SPA Resort at the west coast of the island Rhodes directly located at the Ixia beach. Moreover, the SENTIDO Ixian Grand - Adults Only has got 211 rooms with a cozy ambience. Just a few minutes away from the hotel is the UNESCO world heritage "the historic center of Rhodes" and the "Mount Flerimos" with an huge panoramic view. Enjoy the sunset at the beach, the attractive surroundings and the premium hotel SENTIDO Ixian Grand - Adults Only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sentido Ixian Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ixian Grand Hotel Ixia
- Ixian Grand Ixia
- Sentido Ixian Grand Rhodes/Rhodes Town