1,180 results
All reviews animation team pool bar main bar main building free massage taxi rank evening entertainment sea view great holiday water polo thomas cook music quiz plenty of choice mini disco plenty of sunbeds rhodes old town work extremely hard
Reviewed 29 August 2013

It was a family trip, and a party of 12, we stayed from 14-28 August 2013. We had such a fab time. When we first arrived we were I n a room with a noisy bar below and that is all we heard, but with no problems at all the hotel moved us to more appropriate family rooms the next morning. The entertainment team was fab, with lots of kids games, and perhaps entertainment that was a little 'saucy' for the younger ones, however good for the adults of the family. The pool is great, and very refreshing and the pool bar is good, maybe the drinks tasted a bit cheap but that's pretty standard for an all inclusive holiday. The staff all round were just fantastic, some of the nicest people you will ever meet and will try and help you wherever they can. The food is great at the restaurant with lots of variety (I'm a veggie and had no problems at all, in fact the food was great for me), however food at the pool bar was sometimes and little cold for my liking, but it was always going to be like that as it is an outside venue. The hotel was extremely clean and I have no moans in at department, maids came round most days with fresh towels and new sheets. Location was beautiful, especially with the Sea View, however beach was dirty (no fault lies with the hotel as it isn't their beach). there is a taxi rank just opposite (about 5 minutes straight into town). weather was beautiful, rarely a cloud in the sky, but had a lovely breeze at the same time. Would definitely recommend for a fantastic two weeks of family holiday in the beautiful island of Rhodes.

Room tip: Choose a sea view, and get a bungalow rather than a main building or annex. If you get a bungalow your room is bigger. Annex rooms are sometimes noisy
2  Thank Rob G
General Manager Z, Manager at smartline Cosmopolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2015

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your kind feedback and we are really happy to know that you had such a nice time with us in Smartline Cosmopolitan hotel.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

i love this hotel because everything was perfect, i fell in love with the animation team and Alex was my personal favorite! My only faults which could happen anywhere was that the food was a touch colder than i like and the drinks are not 100% but that did not stop me from having one of the best holidays i have ever had!

Room tip: get sea view because its worth it! xx
2  Thank Emily B

Reviewed 24 August 2013

stayed here from 8,8,13 - 18,8,13 ..... we had a lovely time here ...everywhere was so clean .... a wide variety of food .... we always had more than enough .... drinks were good and the pool was great ...some of the drinks were different but this is Greece not England.... anyone moaning about this hotel has nothing better to do ..... the only thing it could do with is some better adult entertainment....the animation team were fantastic ... could do with dance floor and good music after the kids entertainment...... would deffo stay again

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne G

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Just arrived back home after a 3 week stay here,our room was very big with plenty of cupboard space,beds were comfy and the bathroom excellent-Downside was a very noisy aircon but at least it was working.

Staff in general work really hard especially in the canteen and grounds maintenance teams,feel sorry for the canteen staff as the sheer volume of guests make their job nigh on impossible to clear tables as quickly as you would like.Again as previous reviewers have mentioned the food is not very hot but nonetheless a fair degree of choice.Bar Staff were good although under staffed which did result in queues,not as bad as some previous comments.Strength of the spirits was reasonable although bit sickly with the syrupy cordials

Sunbeds were packed like sardines and they were not relaxing as far too many people stayed by the pool. By 7.30 most were gone-we used the beach a lot but at 12 Euro a day that puts a hole in the budget. Major gripe was a lack of evening entertainment for adults,after mini disco the shows were at best moderate.Cannot knock the animation team during the day as they really do try to get you involved without being pushy.Overall a decent base to explore the area and great for Rhodes Town and Ixia but those 4 stars looking a little tarnished.

Would go to Ixia again but a bit nearer the town centre

1  Thank yorkshireman186408
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I'm going to start with saying I really don't understand these bad reviews, I think some people expect too much. I just had a week at this great hotel with my boyfriend I went from (14/8/13 to the 21/8/13). I will break this down;

THE STAFF; All of the staff were more than welcoming towards everyone as well as me and my boyfriend. The reception staff were lovely and more than happy to help and always quick with the service. The bar staff were AMAZING always super friendly and always had a short conversation when being served. The entertainment staff were extremely welcoming and always smiled and greeted when going past.

THE FOOD; I am extremely fussy when it comes to food and the food even catered towards me which I always find hard to see in a hotel. There food variety is amazing. In a morning it is full american and continental at 7:00 whilst 10;00 after this time it is just continental breakfast from 10:00 whilst 10:30. There food was always HOT/WARM and we never had a cold meal whilst being here. Throughout dinner and tea the meals changed every day they have a salad bar and a bread selection as well as the three main food counters as well as the two drink stations. Me and my boyfriend didn't wait once for food or on the entrance into the restaurant itself. The staff always were walking around ready to take plates away when finished so you could go and get another plate if wanted, and always said thank you.

I am going to add that when people say they can't find seats for the entertainment we always found seats we went down for tea about 6:15 (it states tea doesn't start until 6:45 but they let people in early) then we went straight to the pool bar for the evening entertainment and always got front seats. You will be waiting two hours for the entertainment to start but you will be guaranteed amazing seats.

THE ENTERTAINMENT; This was always good it starts at 9:00pm with the 'mini disco' for the children and this is on until 10:00pm. After this adults entertainment starts and whilst we were there we had bingo on two of the nights, a Greek dance show, a dance competition, miss cosmopolitan 2013 competition and another contemporary dance show. This was always great fun and the entertainment staff always tried to get everyone involved. After the evening adults entertainment there were two dance routines where anyone could join in and this was great fun.

THE HOTEL AND LOCATION IN GENERAL; The hotel was amazing and we always got a sun lounger by placing our towels on them at 7:00am, the pools weren't as busy as people make out, me and my boyfriend always did lengths and nobody was in our way. Everyone stays in there own little part of the pool. The room was very nice and had a nice view from the balcony. We took a trip to Rhodes new and old town twice and we found this amazing and the shopping is great. The hotel is just over the road from the beach and for 4 euros for a sun lounger for the full day you can't complain. The beach was beautiful and you get to see a beautiful sun set every evening.

Sorry for rambling but I loved this hotel and will defiantly be coming back to this hotel but for two weeks. Would recommend 100% Wish i never had to leave.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple