“Fantastic!”

Ranked #22 of 127 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We have just returned from a weeks all inclusive holiday at the Mareblue Cosmopolitan Hotel. We had an amazing time here. My holiday party consisted of myself, my 2 daughters aged 9 & 6 and also my mother and father. The hotel staff all work extremely hard. Especially the animation team who were such lovely people. Alex, Tania, Sam and Olga. They offered lots of fun activities throughout the day but didnt bug you if you just wanted to soak up the sun! My daughters absolutley loved the mini club who was ran by Olga, she created many activities for the girls including face painting, making things, games and many more. The evening entertainment was basic but still fun. My youngest daughter cried on the entire coach journey to the airport as she didnt want to leave! All of the animation team had different lovely qualities and were always there to help. I think they made our holiday to be honest.
The food was varied daily and we always found something to eat. I think its the best quality of food that I have ever had at an all inclusive hotel. Some of the dishes were superb..especially the moussaka! The management and restaurant staff always worked hard to ensure everyone was comfortable, happy and all tables were cleared constantly.
The location of the hotel is perfect. It is near everything but not on top of everything so you can decide if you would like a quiet time or a cheap taxi ride to the livelier parts.
The views were amazing. Especially the sunset in the evenings from the top bar. Just beautiful!
Our rooms were in the annexes and I couldn't fault them. They were always kept clean and the cleaners even made shapes with my daughters pj's which they loved coming in to! As for the moaning comments about the karaoke bar...my room was facing it and I could barely hear a thing! We had no problem getting to sleep.
The beach isnt a perfect sand beach but with the pools being so nice I didn't care about the beach!
The walk to Rhodes is just beautiful. The views of the sea amazing.
The weather was glorious for mid September. It was from 27-30 degrees every day with a very welcoming breeze!
All in all this was one of my favourite holidays I have ever had. We have already discussed returning next year but next time for 2 weeks as 1 just wasn't enough! I just hope the animation team are still there.
Do not hesitate to book yourself in at this wonderful hotel :-)

• Stayed September 2013
General Manager Z, Manager at smartline Cosmopolitan, responded to this review, 17 June 2015
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your kind feedback and we are really happy to know that you had such a nice time with us in Smartline Cosmopolitan hotel.

The hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My gosh where do I start!

From reading the reviews I thought I was in for a mediocre hotel with average food and just about clean enough. I can assure you, this hotel is far and beyond that. I'm not sure what the other reviewers are used too, but wow. Now let me explain all.

Location:
GORGEOUS view over the sea, and located in a rather quiet location, but easily walkable to local shops. You can hire a taxi for 8 euros to Rhodes town, or get the very timely buses for a mere 1.46 (around that). We hired a car for 3 days and the location of the hotels allows you to immediately drive along the beautiful coast to any and all destinations you'd love with ample parking at the hotel.

Food:
Best quality and variety of food I've had in any hotel. That includes 5* Egyptian hotels. Was extremely impressed. The main restaurant had breakfast options of all hot food to make an excellent full English breakfast, a bread and toasting bar, cereal bar with a huge variety of offerings, waffle bar and a fruit bar. All was extremely delicious. For lunch we were treated to a wide range of varied food every single day of the week! Rarely was there the same options! The offering included a beautiful salad bar with a fantastic range of salads, pastas, specialist salads and a tonne of condiments. We were also treated to a range of hot foods all varied and if you're willing to try the odd meal you've never heard of - I guarantee you'll go home with some new favourite meals. There was also a fantastic Italian range and the desert bar came to life from lunch (I'll say more on deserts later)

Finally, for dinner. Wow. So much variety and the oriental bar opens with some live cooking. All the food was hot, packed with flavour and a true delight for the senses. It looked brilliant, smelled delectable, but the most important aspect, the taste was divine.

The deserts offered are absolutely brilliant, I've never had a sweet tooth, but I had to try things as much as possible and I'm so glad I did. Turns out I love sweet food, just not the things I've tried in the past!

There are self service lager, wine and juice stations (2 of each) and coffee making facilities. Rarely a queue.

Cleanliness:
Such clean rooms, maids come everyday and, I'll be honest, I'm a messy person. The maid would pick my clothing off the floor, fold it neatly and continue cleaning whilst I was out. I was so made up and felt guilty I left a tip because our room always smelt fresh and I couldn't find any dust, the sheets were fresh and overall the maid was an absolute gem. This was reflected with the rest of the hotel, everywhere was spotless and the pool never had a leaf in it.

Entertainment:
The animation team were so friendly and such a nice bunch of people, I can't understand the negative comments from some people? Every night we were treated to some variety down at the pool bar, an important note though, if you'd rather relax you can sit inside or outside the more formal bar in which you can barely hear the entertainment and can talk. As mentioned the pool bar at night is where it all happened. Very good, we had water sports in the day, yoga. Saturday was especially good with Brazilian dancers!

Interestingly the AI option includes cocktails, and I highly recommend the French martini it's so tastey.

Overall. This hotel is definitely 4 star, perhaps better. If you're looking for a lovely time in rhodes then book this hotel. The grounds are beautiful, the views elegant and just overall fantastic!

Had the best time here. Wish we were there even longer. Thank you so much the team at Mareblue! All the staff are extremely friendly and efficient.

Feel free to message me for more details :). Everyone deserve a holiday as good as this. We visited rhodes old town, Lindos, valley of the butterflies, ruins of Kamiros and finally the 7 springs.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building with sea views. 5th floor seems excellent for views.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ryleto

Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Booked through Olympic Holidays flying Easy jet from Liverpool. Good flight, no delays,well organised although printing of travel documents my responsibility. This hotel is very nice indeed with plenty of rooms although some are situated in annexes very close to a very busy main road which separates the hotel from a stoney beach which is ideal for water sports but not for swimming.Plenty of sun beds, and parasols, plus tree shaded areas. Two large pools and child's pool with no depth greater than approx five feet in any of them.The entertainment team work very hard offering darts competitions,table tennis, water polo,volleyball daily. Fun and laughter is also provided with stretching exercises and water aerobics daily.However the downsides are that at times long queues build up for drinks including coffee machines;sadly whilst the food is fresh and tasty it is invariably lukewarm; the main road is very busy although does not affect the holiday; Evening entertainment is very poor and amateurish and something the hotel needs to work on by offering more professional entertainment and larger dance area. Ixia is not a pretty area and although is only a short walk from the hotel, there are only cafes, bars, and beach type gift shops - and only on one side of the road. However Rhodes town is only 45 mins walk away or by regular bus for approx 3.60 euros return . Well worth a visit and would recommend several other trips booked more cheaply from nearby booking agencies - not the travel rep. We still enjoyed our holiday very much.

Room Tip: Sea view and pool view are a must and not close to the noisy main road.
1 Thank Alan G

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

On arrival we were told the hotel was full and we would have to spend a night in another hotel
( Atlantica Princess) for the inconvenience we would get free internet, Sea view, Free safe key, wine and fruit in room, these promises was fulfilled,, ( we later found out we could of got more as another couple got a free day excursion)

The food at the hotel was at times bland and sometimes cold, choices of meat dishes was mainly Pork, more flavour was needed. But you won't go hungry as food available all day

The strength of the WI FI was poor, if we had to pay for it I would be disappointed.

Good choices of drinks and cocktails but the beer and red wine poor

Hotel clean ,staff very friendly, lots of mixed nationalities staying at the hotel which some guests are more demanding

Do not use the hotel for booking a taxi as this is more expensive, there is a taxi rank outside

Overall the hotel is a 3 star the bedrooms need updating, but it's in a great location

Room Tip: Sea view main part of the hotel but 3rd floor or higher, for security reasons as the lower floors sh...
1 Thank leon T

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Just spent two weeks here after reading all the negative reviews was a little worried but we had a fab holiday room was clean and very quiet 517 in the main building food was plentiful and always something to eat lovely salads and plenty variety our only problems we had was entertainment team the worst we have ever come across never greeted people if you saw them in hotel looked bored all the time was poor no dancing area for oldies lol around the pool at night was just crazy not enough bar staff in bars small glasses and sure the wine was either alchol free or 5% and not enough chairs to sit on outside bar at evening people will pinch your seat if you blink we think that you should be able to serve yourself wine and beer like you can in dining room would save queuing and also think staff should serve tea and coffee and meal times to many people queuing for ht drinks and walking about with hot drinks somebody will get scolded for sure it thats my honest opinion but we did have a lovely time red hot weather met some nice people you must go to Lindos had a couple of meals outside hotel one next to Hannah's bar it cost 70€ and it was crap for two people we also had meal at the firstGreek taverna when you turn left out of hotel and the owner and staff was very agressive be warned food in hotel much better so enjoy we may return

Room Tip: Do not accept room 31 it's direct above yannas bar music till 5 am my friends were in that room...
2 Thank boltontowers

Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed in this hotel at the height of the season, a week in the middle of August. The hotel was clean, good food with a fabulous selection, something to suit all tastes, even our fussy 6 year old! The entertainment, both in house and elsewhere, was enjoyable. The children (6&8), loved the kids club and the poolside entertainement. The games room by the bar kept the children entertained in the evening. People did reserve sunbeds with towel but we always managed to find one and never rushed out to do this. The beach is pebbly but there is some fantastic watersports to either try or just watch. We had a lovely relaxing week.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alison R

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a week holiday to the Mareblue Cosmopolitan in Rhodes. I have to say that after reading reviews on the hotel I was rather worried about the whole experience! I'm so happy I went, yes the beer wasn't fantastic and the food wasn't always always warm, but for what you pay and how many guest are in the hotel at one time I think the staff there do a fantastic job. They were always smiling, happy to help and did a brilliant job. The major complaint I have with the whole experience is the quests themselves, I swear some of them thought they were going to starve if they didn't get thier food as soon as they walked into the resturant. Pushing and shoving to get some chips or waffles! Unfortunatly the majority weren't english so communication was poor and many of them were really rude. And the other complaints were the size of the glasses, as mosts guests couldn't be bothered getting up more than a hand full of times to get a beer. To be fair they did need more staff on the bar as the queue was really silly at times but it wasn't somthing to totally spoil your holiday, guests need to just chill out!!
The view was amazing from our room, and even better when you get on the balcony near the inside bar when the sun is going down. The beach is a bit rough underfoot due to the pebbles but not somthing you can't deal with if you have beach shoe on, (I wore my flipflops in the sea to stop my feet from hurting!)
The entertainment wasn't amazing either, during the day they did so well to get everyone involved to play water volleyball and polo etc. We only stayed at the bottom bar for one night to watch the "show" and it wasn't the best, tbh they are trying their best with limited resources and non of them are English and can't speak it brilliantly either so they did well to communicate all week in English. There was one entertainer tho, I think she was called Tanya, not sure, she was funny and really friendly at all times, wanting you to get involved. If you are wanting to get into Rhodes town then it only cost 8e in a taxi, (was cheaper to pay as was 4 of us) it wa brill during the day and night. I would also deffinatly reccomend the Water Park at Falaraki, you can get a free bus from Rhodes town and it was the best day, it cost 22e each but was such gud fun for a family or friends! You could go on a massive variety of rides, food was so cheap aswell! The rooms were also cleaned daily, with fresh towels and beds made. Cleaners were lovely and worked hard. All in all, the holiday was brilliant, I would return to the hotel again and Rhodes was amazing!!

• Stayed September 2013