“Good hotel, see if it fits you before going” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smartline Cosmopolitan Hotel

Smartline Cosmopolitan Hotel
Ranked #20 of 128 Hotels in Rhodes Town
romania
“Good hotel, see if it fits you before going”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

The hotel is just a 7 minutes public bus ride from Rhodos town, separeted form the beach by the road. Now, i found a bit confusing the theme for this hotel: it is an all inclusive, sort of made for families with children. But on the other hand families with children are looking for sandy beaches, calm and less deep seawater, and here it is contrary. The whole seashore is windy, agitated waters, and surfing / sporting centers are numerous. So from this point, the area would be prefered by active, sporting travelers... So, the lobby, reception, staff, ok. The rooms ok, large, aircon was managing difficult to lower the heat, and it was not top of the season... i wonder how it copes july-august. Sunbeds and umbrellas by the pool free of charge but always busy-crowded, as the seashore is windy. Crowdes also managed hard over main meals time: it is a big task to feed simultanously hundreds, so be prepared and understanding, the staff are working hard and doing their best. The food is diverse and enough. I found as hotel weaknesses the ladies from the pool-bar, they managed to convince me never to approach that area anymore; also the animation team, which was... (i hope) cheap for the hotel, but they also described it as "light" animation in the hotel sheet. Overall, i think this hotel suits a family of surfers with children, who are all sportives and active but also prefere to eat and drink all inclusive and sunbath by the pool ??!!. (is there such a combination ??!! ).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank forised
General Manager Z, Manager at Smartline Cosmopolitan Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2015
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your kind feedback and we are really happy to know that you had such a nice time with us in Smartline Cosmopolitan hotel.

The hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Just got back...... 2Weeks at the Mareblue.
Read the reviews before we booked and some good balanced reviews some nit pickers, and some well I don't know how they get through the day.... Victor Meldrew wannabies!

We had a good 2 weeks...
Check in was swift and friendly... Safety deposit box a little steep charging 17.50 per week with no reduction for 2nd week!
Wifi charged everywhere.... A little greedy I thought.
The room was superb, cleaned daily, lovely view of pool, mountains, and sea. Tea and coffee facilities available as standard and replenished daily.

Pool areas 2 to choose from both very clean and well presented. The pool bar staff were friendly and polite. Food at the pool bar was snacks but good as snacks go. pizza, Hot dogs, Burgers, Fries, pasta, Salads, Fresh fruit, and cake at 4pm very nice.
Tea and Coffee available all day.
Sun beds were not too close together comments that say this are utter nonsense they were NOT bolted down so you could move them, parasols were fixed but great idea to stop them falling over and there were trees to create shade also it was clean and well maintained.

Food was plentiful and masses of choice for all, the hotel have an enormous task to cater for so many and they do a great job, the food was warm to hot, most of the time hot, you have to expect queues, if you don't want queuing go to a smaller hotel or even self catering!
Wine and drinks at dinner help yourself.... Reasonable wine you can't really expect Chateau Neuf now can you!
Excellent selection of salad items, breads, desserts replenished continually.

Entertainment... The team were very good encouraged all to join in the activities although they were the same each day! A little more choice might have encouraged a few more participants but that's a minor point, the team work well and deserve credit.
Night time entertainment we didn't really take interest in but we heard lots of laughter and that has to be a good sign.

The main bar was a little slow at times but the staff worked none stop, drinks were reasonable, those who complain about alcohol strength... It's free you could have as much as you wanted! I personally did not go on holiday to get pi**ed every night!
The decor was clean seating looked a little grubby but was clean and you could wear White! I put this down to all those who did not follow the dress code for evening wear, wearing short shorts and sleeveless t-shirts at dinner, this was one point the disappointed us the hotel should stick to its dress code policy and insist proper attire, it's much more civilised.
All public areas were kept clean and tidy.

All staff work tirelessly from management to groundsmen WELL DONE all of you... we will return.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank PlanetHopper1

Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

On viewing the Hotel via the Internet, it seemed to be just what we were looking for, however it was nothing like we expected. The food was ok and plenty of choice and varied over the 2 weeks.
As they say there is always chips, but cold or just warm is what we got, if hot food was served hot it would have been great.
As it was all Inclusive we thought we wouldn't need to go out of the Hotel for anything, not so, the drinks from the bar where what tasted like watered down spirits, only 1 type of beer and that was served in a juice glass, hardly suitable for a man. The furniture in the main bar was shabby and very dirty, not at all nice. you could not wear white. if you wanted any drink during the day you had to the pool bar, the drinks were no better, And the entertainment left a lot to be desired, great for kids but not adults. The pool side sunbeds were very close together, and some required repair, screws falling out etc. Also very uncomfortable. The ones on the beach were 8 euros for two plus parasol. Plenty of space between them. Thank goodness for yannis bar not very far away, serving great drinks that tasted like they should and great service . Access to some areas was not very easy as I personally require to use a wheelchair on occasions. The ground floor lift doors are not truly on the ground floor, 8 or 9 steps or two very steep slopes, to the lift. Our room was clean but close to the lift so had to listen to it all night going up and down. Overall holiday was ok , although isolated from main area.

Room Tip: Don't get 709 or any that are near the lift
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have just got back from a one week all the Mareblue Cosmopolitan Hotel with myself and my mum.

From start to finish I cannot fault this place we both had a brilliant time.

The hotel wad beautiful with stunning views and the staff wrre extremely friendly and helpful. Especially the animation team who went above and beyond to make you feel welcome they are such lovely people.

Alex, Tania, Sam and Olga who are the animation team who throughout the day offered various different fun and games from water volly ball to fun bar games. They made such an effort to include everyone and took time to get to know you even to sit and have a chat without in posing.
In the evening the animation team put on various entertainment for guests of all ages, this was throughly entertaining.

I found the animation team extremely friendly helpful and entertaining and for ourselves they made the stay that extra special :-)

The overall experience was great as they was always a variety of food available and the hotel and rooms were extremely clean.

The hotel is in a great location. As it's opposite the beach so you can get stunning views. More so transport is widely available ad there is a bus stop amd taxi rank near by also a place we're you can rent motor bikes or atv's.

Greece is a beautiful place with endless stunning views with such beautiful history.

I've only just got back but would go back in a heart beat.

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE IN NOT FOR THE COUNTRY ITS SELF BUT ALSO THE PEOPLE!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank sattydigpal

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

We have just returned from a weeks all inclusive holiday at the Mareblue Cosmopolitan Hotel. We had an amazing time here. My holiday party consisted of myself, my 2 daughters aged 9 & 6 and also my mother and father. The hotel staff all work extremely hard. Especially the animation team who were such lovely people. Alex, Tania, Sam and Olga. They offered lots of fun activities throughout the day but didnt bug you if you just wanted to soak up the sun! My daughters absolutley loved the mini club who was ran by Olga, she created many activities for the girls including face painting, making things, games and many more. The evening entertainment was basic but still fun. My youngest daughter cried on the entire coach journey to the airport as she didnt want to leave! All of the animation team had different lovely qualities and were always there to help. I think they made our holiday to be honest.
The food was varied daily and we always found something to eat. I think its the best quality of food that I have ever had at an all inclusive hotel. Some of the dishes were superb..especially the moussaka! The management and restaurant staff always worked hard to ensure everyone was comfortable, happy and all tables were cleared constantly.
The location of the hotel is perfect. It is near everything but not on top of everything so you can decide if you would like a quiet time or a cheap taxi ride to the livelier parts.
The views were amazing. Especially the sunset in the evenings from the top bar. Just beautiful!
Our rooms were in the annexes and I couldn't fault them. They were always kept clean and the cleaners even made shapes with my daughters pj's which they loved coming in to! As for the moaning comments about the karaoke bar...my room was facing it and I could barely hear a thing! We had no problem getting to sleep.
The beach isnt a perfect sand beach but with the pools being so nice I didn't care about the beach!
The walk to Rhodes is just beautiful. The views of the sea amazing.
The weather was glorious for mid September. It was from 27-30 degrees every day with a very welcoming breeze!
All in all this was one of my favourite holidays I have ever had. We have already discussed returning next year but next time for 2 weeks as 1 just wasn't enough! I just hope the animation team are still there.
Do not hesitate to book yourself in at this wonderful hotel :-)

• Stayed September 2013

Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

My gosh where do I start!

From reading the reviews I thought I was in for a mediocre hotel with average food and just about clean enough. I can assure you, this hotel is far and beyond that. I'm not sure what the other reviewers are used too, but wow. Now let me explain all.

Location:
GORGEOUS view over the sea, and located in a rather quiet location, but easily walkable to local shops. You can hire a taxi for 8 euros to Rhodes town, or get the very timely buses for a mere 1.46 (around that). We hired a car for 3 days and the location of the hotels allows you to immediately drive along the beautiful coast to any and all destinations you'd love with ample parking at the hotel.

Food:
Best quality and variety of food I've had in any hotel. That includes 5* Egyptian hotels. Was extremely impressed. The main restaurant had breakfast options of all hot food to make an excellent full English breakfast, a bread and toasting bar, cereal bar with a huge variety of offerings, waffle bar and a fruit bar. All was extremely delicious. For lunch we were treated to a wide range of varied food every single day of the week! Rarely was there the same options! The offering included a beautiful salad bar with a fantastic range of salads, pastas, specialist salads and a tonne of condiments. We were also treated to a range of hot foods all varied and if you're willing to try the odd meal you've never heard of - I guarantee you'll go home with some new favourite meals. There was also a fantastic Italian range and the desert bar came to life from lunch (I'll say more on deserts later)

Finally, for dinner. Wow. So much variety and the oriental bar opens with some live cooking. All the food was hot, packed with flavour and a true delight for the senses. It looked brilliant, smelled delectable, but the most important aspect, the taste was divine.

The deserts offered are absolutely brilliant, I've never had a sweet tooth, but I had to try things as much as possible and I'm so glad I did. Turns out I love sweet food, just not the things I've tried in the past!

There are self service lager, wine and juice stations (2 of each) and coffee making facilities. Rarely a queue.

Cleanliness:
Such clean rooms, maids come everyday and, I'll be honest, I'm a messy person. The maid would pick my clothing off the floor, fold it neatly and continue cleaning whilst I was out. I was so made up and felt guilty I left a tip because our room always smelt fresh and I couldn't find any dust, the sheets were fresh and overall the maid was an absolute gem. This was reflected with the rest of the hotel, everywhere was spotless and the pool never had a leaf in it.

Entertainment:
The animation team were so friendly and such a nice bunch of people, I can't understand the negative comments from some people? Every night we were treated to some variety down at the pool bar, an important note though, if you'd rather relax you can sit inside or outside the more formal bar in which you can barely hear the entertainment and can talk. As mentioned the pool bar at night is where it all happened. Very good, we had water sports in the day, yoga. Saturday was especially good with Brazilian dancers!

Interestingly the AI option includes cocktails, and I highly recommend the French martini it's so tastey.

Overall. This hotel is definitely 4 star, perhaps better. If you're looking for a lovely time in rhodes then book this hotel. The grounds are beautiful, the views elegant and just overall fantastic!

Had the best time here. Wish we were there even longer. Thank you so much the team at Mareblue! All the staff are extremely friendly and efficient.

Feel free to message me for more details :). Everyone deserve a holiday as good as this. We visited rhodes old town, Lindos, valley of the butterflies, ruins of Kamiros and finally the 7 springs.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building with sea views. 5th floor seems excellent for views.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ryleto

Southport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Booked through Olympic Holidays flying Easy jet from Liverpool. Good flight, no delays,well organised although printing of travel documents my responsibility. This hotel is very nice indeed with plenty of rooms although some are situated in annexes very close to a very busy main road which separates the hotel from a stoney beach which is ideal for water sports but not for swimming.Plenty of sun beds, and parasols, plus tree shaded areas. Two large pools and child's pool with no depth greater than approx five feet in any of them.The entertainment team work very hard offering darts competitions,table tennis, water polo,volleyball daily. Fun and laughter is also provided with stretching exercises and water aerobics daily.However the downsides are that at times long queues build up for drinks including coffee machines;sadly whilst the food is fresh and tasty it is invariably lukewarm; the main road is very busy although does not affect the holiday; Evening entertainment is very poor and amateurish and something the hotel needs to work on by offering more professional entertainment and larger dance area. Ixia is not a pretty area and although is only a short walk from the hotel, there are only cafes, bars, and beach type gift shops - and only on one side of the road. However Rhodes town is only 45 mins walk away or by regular bus for approx 3.60 euros return . Well worth a visit and would recommend several other trips booked more cheaply from nearby booking agencies - not the travel rep. We still enjoyed our holiday very much.

Room Tip: Sea view and pool view are a must and not close to the noisy main road.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple