Just returned from a 2 week stay at this hotel and sorry to say that I could not, in all honesty recommend a stay in this hotel to anyone who is going to pay for the pleasure of........willing to queue for 5 - 10 minutes for a drink at the main bar because there is only 1 person normally available to serve and that includes peak times. Eat from a very repetitive menu, pay an exorbitant price for use of the internet at 1 euro an hour, 5 euro's per day or 22 euro's per week, (and I thought that UK providers took the mickey!)
Everything seems geared up for the guests to fork out as much money as possible for everything.
You can play bingo at night as part of the evenings entertainment, which starts at 10pm. it will cost you to play, I think it was 5 euro's for one game, you might win a cd or a "I've been to Rhodes T shirt", but you won't get a cash prize. Even the luggage scales in the main foyer works only if you feed it with a euro coin for every bag you weigh.
The hotel was very understaffed, but those who where there, were very nice people.
The bar as usual, served only local drinks on the all-inclusive tab, but they were full strength and not watered down. Downside was the bar stopped the free drinks at 11pm, a bit on the earlyish side for me.
On the good side, the rooms were very clean and nicely decorated, however the A/C had given up the ghost. Made the big mistake of leaving the balcony doors wide open to cool the room for an hour or so, result was that my wife and I became donors for the local mosquito population.
Don't want to put anyone off!
I am a firm believer of the all-inclusive holidays but I did think that this hotel took the biscuit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All Inclusive hotel smartline Cosmopolitan is ideally located on Rhodes' west coast. on a hillside between Ixia and Rhodes town.. A stunning view of Trianda Bay is guaranteed. The hotel comprises a total of nine buildings and has a nice pool area with two pools and a large kids' pool. The hotel's animation team arranges various activities throughout the day, including water aerobics, boccia and evening entertainment several nights a week. The easiest way to get to Rhodes town's narrow alleys is by taxi or bus both stations are in front of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your smartline Cosmopolitan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mareblue Cosmopolitan Ixia
- Mareblue Cosmopolitan Hotel Ixia
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Rhodes
- Smartline Cosmopolitan Rhodes/Rhodes Town