1,001 results
All reviews souvlaki pool area lovely hotel swim up bar pool guy fantastic pool half board mattress topper old town bed and breakfast nearby beach salt water poolside restaurant bus stop plenty of sunbeds ixia beach big pool
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Half board includes bed and breakfast and lunch or dinner. Breakfast is a buffet style with loads to choose from and lunch/dinner is al a carte menu with plenty to choose from. We could mostly have the dinner meal included because the is a souvlaki hut to purchase a cheap and filling lunch for a few pounds.
We learnt that people were buying drinks from the hotel shop, (30second walk) it saved a lot of money than buying drinks at the bar.
it only cost 17-20 euros from airport in a taxi to hotel, cheap than paying for transfers and only took about 20minutes, saves messing around waiting for the transfers and stopping at everyone else's hotel along the way.
The only bad experience we had was On arrival they tried to move us to the cosmopolitan hotel for a few nights, they said that one of the floors had no power but we think they just over booked, we said that we will just have a whole refund and we will go somewhere else but then they some how found us a room, funny that.
Apart from that it was an amazing holiday and would love to return, cleans place I have been, defiantly recommend

Date of stay: July 2013
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Nice hotel, good pool facilities, family friendly.
Cleaning of the rooms was very good.
The food was exellent, lot of resturants
The room was great, we enjoyed there the time we stayed there.
Despite the fact that it needed a renovation ..
Friendly staff, help full.

It cost 50 euros to hire wi-fi, it's expensive when you get it for free at other hotels.
And it did not always work, disappointing..:-(

The pool area was very good, children's playground right next to the poolarea.

Short distance to beach, restaurants and supermarkets ..

Old Rhodes town is worth a visit, it must be experienced.
The streets are full of people, avoid midday if you will not get in line.
Early morning it is not so much the people there.
After nightfall it is worth taking a trip there.

We enjoyed our holiday..

We recommended Dionysos Hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Airborne2012
Reviewed 26 August 2013

+ Big room
+ Clean room
+ Good food in restaurants
+ Big and nice pool
+ Polite staff (mostly)
+ Affordable (for us at least)
+ Got room next to travel companions (as requested)

- In the middle of nowhere
- Dangerous walk down to beach (part of the way without sidewalk)
- Worn, not 4 stars any longer
- Only one entrance, meaning we had to walk far to get in and out
- Few sunbeds (even fewer sunshades)
- Slippery pool area
- Minigolf, billiards etc. outdated
- Slow service in restaurants (probably cut staff to save money)
- First room we got had terrible smell (but we got to change after some discussion)
- Very hard beds and too thin pillows
- No extract fan in kitchen area
- No temperature setting on AC (externally set to 23 degrees)
- WIFI was expensive (14 euro for 4 hours that had to be used in 3 days or 50 euro for a week) and almost never worked

Room tip: Rooms in main building may hear noise from neighboring hotel. Rooms on ground floor in building 2 have outdoors area which is very exposed. Elevators are very small and not sutiable for many persons or baby strollers.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lars_35_11
Reviewed 22 August 2013

It is a great place, nice environment and staff. The food was excellent. It's sad that the wifi was so expensive (50€/week). The only negative experience was, that the party in the neighbor hotel was too loud (until 23:00 every day).

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Attila D
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Having lived in Rhodes for 5 years previously and having also lived in Ixia on this holiday of many since leaving Rhodes I decided not to stay with friends but to book into a hotel instead. Since staying at The Dionysos I will from now on possibly for sure book to stay again.
I found all staff very friendley and helpful from the reception staff, bar staff, gardener to cleaners.
The hotel is very clean and kept to a very high standard I thought. Even though I travelled alone that was not a problem due to the fact all else seemed to be partners, family or a group of friends.
The bedrooms I had was very spacious along with the large balcony overlooking the pool. The views were glorious, especially at dusk and at night. My bedroom was cleaned everyday to no avail even though it was not necessary most of the times.
Breakfast - large variety of both hot and cold food and drink.
Lunch - good variety again and reasonably priced.
Souvlaki Corner - Genius idea, very cheaply priced and delicious. I aways went out for dinner therefore I cannot comment.
Supermarket on site is also very good value with again friendly helpful staff.
The negatives for me was the Wifi facility which was not free and what I thought to be pricey, along with the wifi cutting out every few minutes or so. I do feel that for customers this could be offered free, as I went to a local small hotel also located in Ixia not far from the Dionysos, which I think was just a 1-2* yet it had free wifi for all to use and was super.
The beds are infact hard which I like but my only fault is that I should have asked for a softer pillow, but apart from that all was well.
The swimming pool area is great yet I did find it too overcrowed the first week I was there, it was virtually impossible to get a bed and when I did manage to get on on an occasion, they are so close to each other there is literally no privacy. Even though there is a notice that one should not reserve sunbeds, I found that most layed their towels out before going to breakfast, therefore I did not get the full use of the swimming pool facility as I ended up going elsewhere to swim.
For sure I will be booking again here!!! :-)

• Trip type: Travelled solo