Dionysos Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodos Palace(Rhodes Town)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Belair Beach Hotel(Rhodes Town)
Lito Hotel(Ialyssos)
  • Pool
Oceanis Hotel(Rhodes Town)
  • Breakfast included
Sirene Beach Hotel(Rhodes Town)
View Hotel
All reviewssouvlakipool arealovely hotelswim up barfantastic poolmattress topperbed and breakfastair conold townpoolside restaurantixia beachbig poolsalt waterbus stopplenty of sunbedsbars and restaurantsenglish channels
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I cant think of anything negative to say about this hotel.Popular with other nationalities too due to its great value without compromising service and quality. What an excellent base for those of us that cant get enough of the historical old town and its harbors.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kiryat
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at this hotel and could not believe the quality we got for the price we paid. The place really did feel like a resort, with a great shop, with lots of bars and restaurants.

BEST BITS

Food: of all the food we had in Rhodes, the food at each of the outlets at the hotel was the best by a mile.

Service: bar staff and reception staff were so friendly, really made us feel welcome and gave a personal service, despite the fact that this was a large hotel with lots of guests.

Pool: The pool at this hotel is second to none, it is enormous and feels more like a resort than a hotel, with swim up bars, lots of separate areas, bridges little jacuzzi style parts etc, just brilliant.

Price: An absolute bargain for what you get.

Rooms: Very large rooms with a great sea view, room service, plenty of storage, air con, everything you need.

POSSIBLE TURN OFFS:

Distance from airport: The hotel is about 45 minutes from the main airport by coach.

Distance from Rhodes town: You'll need to get a taxi or bus to get to the main town, which costs only about 10 euros. We walked it one day but it was definitely too far and there's not much going on along the way.

No kids club: If you have kids that need a lot of entertaining, this hotel probably isn't for you. Although it is very family-friendly, I would say it is probably more of an adult hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room with a sea view, completely worth it
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte W
Reviewed 3 August 2014

If you are looking for a comfortable, yet traditional hotel to stay in then this is the hotel for you. Myself and my Boyfriend were pretty much the only English couple there for the whole 10 days we stayed which was a massive relief and although there were young families, this hotel does not have a kids club so you don't get screaming children running around all the time.

The Breakfast runs from 7am until 10, however there were still people coming in shortly afterwards to grab some food. There is a very large selection of food to choose as well as coffee tea and juice, ( they dont do normal tea though so maybe bring your own tea bags.)

The pool is lovely, which a large variety of pool depths which is good for young children. The pool bar is also very useful if you want a quick refreshment. There are also other little cafes alongside the pool which serve chips and filled crepes which were delicious and only 2 euros which is a pretty good deal!

The rooms were comfortable, with excellent air conditioning, however the fridge does take a while to cool down drinks and ice etc. The television has a variety of different channels for different languages, however the only english channel we could find was the BBC news channel which did get rather tedious!!

The nearby beach is O.K- however there is a busy road behind it and the drivers are slightly relentless, and also the beach does smell a bit of a sewer- I reccommend the beach of Lindos or nearby Rhodes Town personally.

Overall, I had a great stay- I cant wait to go again!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HDismorr
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Usually I start my reviews by telling all the positive things. This time I'm going to start with all the negative things of the hotel because of my (review) title.
The hotel itself is very old and the location is bad.
Our hotel room had a very bad smell and it should have been refurbished years ago. But that was something we knew when we've booked the vacation.
One of the things that annoyed me very much was the pool water. It was cold as ice and I couldn't get used to it. Even after swimming in it for 15 minutes, it still wasn't pleasant.
The location of the hotel is very poor. You have to walk 10 minutes to the closest bus station or beach. There are no shops nearby, accept the Dionysos shop(that charges twice as much as the normal shops).
So we've rented a buggy. However, most of the time it wasn't possible to park it on the hotel property because there wasn't enough space for quads/bikes/scooters. So we had to walk 10 minutes to park is somewhere else. Although the car spaces were empty most of the time.
When coming back to your room you have to get used to the smell. It stinks very bad. Something you can't get used to is the centralized air conditioning. It's always too cold (or too hot). Our hotel room had only one plug connection / electricity outlet. The hotel itself has 2 restaurants and 2 snack bars. All of them charge ridiculous high prices for everything. For example: club sandwich €8 (compared to €4 in Rhodos town), vodka/whiskey/cognac/baileys and other liqueurs cost €5 (compared to €3 in Rhodos town). Stay away from their restaurants and snack bars because it is to expensive and not tasty at all.
Breakfast was the most terrible organized event I've ever seen. Around 09:00 in the morning the restaurant was full of unwashed/used dishes that nobody was cleaning up. I've seen people that were on vacation cleaning up used dishes from tables so they could sit. I don't think it is something you should do on vacation. Also if something of the buffet was eaten it wasn't refilled (although not in the 30/45 minutes we were eating).
The last thing that annoyed me were the prices for internet.
30 minutes cost €2
60 minutes cost €4
24 hours cost €10
week internet costs €40
It's 2014, come one, internet should be free by now.

Personally I would not recommend this hotel. When thinking back about this vacation I don't want to write any positive things because my trip to this hotel was the worst I've ever experienced.
I don't know how they could win all these awards and how everybody is so positive about this hotel. I learned that you should never book a hotel judging from it's reviews.

Room Tip: Ask if they have renovated rooms. If not, do not go to this hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Victor3hunna
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We visited this hotel as a family of six last week . We arrived late in the evening to be greeted by a very helpful and friendly male receptionist . We were shown to our rooms and our luggage was brought up to us . The rooms were clean and very comfortable. We dined in Maistros Pool restraunt , the food was excellent , the staff were absolutely fantastic , especially Alexis and Andreas who made my elderly mother very comfortable . It was so good we ate there every night for the whole week we stayed there. Through the days we stayed by the pool , the friendly bar man Yannis attended to our every need . We had a wonderful holiday in this hotel , nothing was too much trouble from any of the staff . Would DEFINATELY recommend this hotel to anybody visiting Rhodes .

Room Tip: We had a corner room and had a bigger balcony .
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family