“What a gem!”
Review of Nathalie Hotel

Nathalie Hotel
Ranked #11 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed 30 July 2012

What can I say that hasn't already been said about this hotel? It was a true gem and I wouldn't hesistate in recommending it to everyone else.

The welcome at the hotel was warm and friendly. Emma told us about the facilities and we purchased the aircon (well worth the price if you ask me). The hotel was clean and well presented. Rooms were basic but what more do you need than a bed, bathroom and wardrobe space. The pool was very clean and had more than enough sunbeds, even when we were returning from the beach around 3, we could always get a spot. The hotel itself isn't overrun with Brits Abroad so it was a lovely, relaxing place to spend time.

Make sure you sample Agnes' cocktails....some are rather strong and having gone through the entire menu, I can most certainly recommend the Mojito!! The food at the pool bar is really cheap and lovely. We even arrived a little late back one day and they were still prepared to make a panini for us! First class service!

I recommend you visit the hotel for Dinner one night too. We had our cheapest, and nicest meal of the holiday at the hotel! We ordered seabass, chicken, an array of starters (the Humous is to die for) and a bottle of wine and it came in at under €30!!

The resort itself was relatively quiet. Restaurants were reasonabally priced but the food was average. There isn't much in the way of bars but we wanted a relaxing holiday so it didn't matter. I recommend you get the bus to Rhodes Town. Its beautiful! There's plenty of restaurants to chose from but dearer than Ixia. I'd say the food in the 2 restaurants we went in was better though. Bus costs €2.20 each and a taxi home was about €9.

Take a trip to Lindos to visit the Acropolis. We bought the boat trip from the travel agents in the pink shopping centre across the way for €25 each, including your coach to Rhodes Harbour. Well worth the money although we couldn't understand any of the commentary as it was in Dutch. Some lovely young lads translated for us though!

There isn't much of a beach at Ixia but if you head about 15 minutes stoll up the road towards Rhodes Town, you will come to a nice pebble beach. The beach wasn't crowded and you paid €4 for a sun lounger. If you struggle with walking on pebbles, be sure to get some wet shoes for getting in and out of the sea, I think my exits were the highlight of everyones day!! If you are not a beach person, but want to sunbathe with a view of the sea, try the bar at the back of the pink shopping centre. It has a pool, sunloungers and all facilities you need. You will have to purchase drinks from them which are expensive (about €8 for a coctail) but its a little bit of a luxury haven!! We went at night and sat by the sea sipping cocktails. It was lit up lovely and was so relaxing hearing the sea whilst chilling out - perfect!!

All in all, this hotel is a must for anyone on a budget.....actually, its a must for anyone!! The staff are first class and treat you like family! Within a day of being at the hotel we were greeted by staff on a first name basis and they always made time to chat to you and give helpful hints about the local area! Special thanks go to Maria, Agnes, Emma, Lisa and the pool bar lady (sorry, I'm rubbish with names). We really had an amazing time and it was without a doubt the exceptional staff who made this possible!!

6  Thank Kerrypops

Reviewed 29 July 2012

this hotel far exceeded our expectations. It's immaculately clean and has the friendliest and most helpful staff ever. The surroundings are traditionally greek and very very friendly. Lisa who runs the place is a lovely scot who couldn not have done more for us and her team are great, every time we entered the hotel we were welcomed by name and big smiles from Linda, Maria, Agnes and Ava in the snack bar does the best food we had during our whole trip.

We were a group visiting the island for a wedding, and the team at Nathalie were great... I'd definately recommend this hotel to any traveller. I'll definately be back and am not surprised to hear that they have repeat visitors year after year.

locally too the hotel is well known and there are big smiles from the shop owners, restaurant owners when you say you're staying at Nathalie.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank GrationV
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights, a family of six in two triples, and had a really lovely stay. We had had no clear idea of what the best location on the island of Rhodes would be, since we planned to do a lot of driving around, but I have to say that Ixia was pretty much perfect, close to the Old Town so that we could go there for dinner, on the main roads so that we could easily get to the rest of the island (we had a car). The hotel is inland about three blocks, in a lovely residential area, and with a beautiful view of the mountain behind from the pool area. The beach that was directly 3-blocks in the other direction was pebbles, but very nice if you walked another two blocks to the left. There was plenty of street parking near the hotel.

The hotel itself was lovely, from the pool (which we used quite a lot) with snack bar (very good lunches at reasonable prices), to the lobby (pool table [for a fee], wifi, paperback exchange), to the breakfast area (indoor and outdoor). All was extremely clean all the time. The rooms were small, plainly furnished, with balconies (one of ours overlooked the front of the hotel and was pleasant, the other was on the side of the hotel with no view at all), the air conditioning (for which one paid extra) worked well, as did the hot water. The showers were excellent, well-designed so that they did not flood the bathroom.

I have only two complaints about the rooms. One is that they really need to have something for drying clothes on the balconies, because if you are using the pool or beach, you will at a minimum have wet swimsuits to dry. They very kindly gave me a clothesline and pegs, but there was nowhere on the balcony to tie it except from the railing to the rickety table. This could be easily remedied by having a small drying rack on each balcony, as we have had at other hotels in Greece. My other complaint is that there were no shelves at all in the bathrooms, and the sink was the kind whose edges slope down into the sink, so there was nowhere really to put things there either. But overall these were pretty minor.

The breakfast had good variety, changed from day to day, and was served from 7:30 to 9:30 (we could have done with slightly later times, given how late Greek dinners are). The staff were extremely friendly and helpful throughout, we had no problems but I expect that if we had, they would have handled it. They had a room to store bags until late in the day of our departure, and even showers if we had needed them.

The clientele was very friendly, and the hotel was very quiet, except for the occasional small group coming in from dinner late at night. In general, we had a lovely time, and I would definitely recommend Nathalie to anyone planning a quiet trip to Rhodes.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank INTraveller
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Well the reviews on the Natalie are vey true!!my husband and I are still here at the hotel ..I'm sat in beautiful traditional Greek surroundings of the hotel,sipping a coffee and enjoying every minute.. The hotel is truly beautiful and all the staff are wonderful too,,especially Maria.. ,,!! Nothing is too much trouble for them..will add to my review on my return home ,need to catch the sun around the clean refreshing pool!! Bye for now ...jean & mick

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ginajanet
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The hotel:

To cut a long story short, the reviews about this place are spot on.

Our room was kept exceptionally clean, with fresh towels and sheets changed every day. Special thanks must go out to Maria, Ava, Agnes and Emily for making our stay so wonderful.

The resort:

Leaving the Nathalie turn right and immediate left towards the main road. Here you will find two restaurants, the Hippocampus and the Napoli. These two, plus the Nathalie itself were our favorites, so a good meal is only 5 minutes away.

Heading towards Rhodes town there are two Chinese restaurants. Then it’s a further 5 minutes walk onto the small strip consisting of Greek bars and restaurants. Across the road from the Chinese is a shopping centre and its pool bar. The beech is nothing to write home about but the sunsets make this well worth a visit.

Rhodes Town:

The islands capital is worth a few visits. I just wish I had taken the tour bus to have a good look around because it soon becomes obvious that traveling on foot within Rhodes is complete madness.

Summary:

We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Nathalie to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank David T
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Having just returned from Rhodes for a best friends wedding , I feel compelled to share our experience at Hotel Nathalie.
From our weary arrival to a near-tearful departure I have never experienced such attentive , dedicated staff and management which made our already special occassion so much more memorable.
Scottish Owner Lisa and her Greek husband Yannis have created an extremely picturesque and tranqil environment for holiday-makers to enjoy the scorching sunshine of Rhodes. The rooms were immaculately clean and comfortable, thanks to the smiling and ever-friendly housekeeping staff, providing fresh towels and consumables on a daily basis. Although the air-conditioning was a payable upgrade, at 42 euros for the week it was hardly a bank-breaker and was essential for the peak 44 degree heatwave that swept over the island during our visit.
Special mentions to Agnes , whose friendly chats & cocktails kept us suitably refreshed in the evenings at the hotel bar ( the Best Mojito in Rhodes!) , Eva - for her poolside snacks and specials which was some of the best food ( both price and quality ) we found on the island , Eva's food is her gift........... tremendous "honey"!
Also worth a mention is the beautiful Linda and her reception accomplices Maria & Emma , for their extremely professional and affable nature which made our stay feel more like visiting with friends than staying in a random hotel.
Finally a HUGE thanks to owner Lisa....... not only for the gratis bottle of Champers on the day of our friends wedding, but for providing advice on other quality restaurants , places of interest and just generally making sure that all our needs were catered for throughout our stay.

I cannot fathom how these tour operators grade hotels because in my mind the Hotel Nathalie is a 5 star experience - the staff , food, drinks ,prices, setting - have made this one of the best holidays I have had in two decades! So my advice is to ditch the far more expensive "vacation farms" and book yourself in for an experience at the Nathalie that will stay with you forever.

Michael & the "Wigfield" wedding Party.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 19 July 2012

If you are looking for 5 star accommodation this is not the place for you but if you want great service, fantastic prices, clean rooms and great location then look no further. The owners and staff at the Nathalie Hotel deserve all the great reviews that you read on trip advisor. Their rooms are not the biggest or the plushest but they are better than any other hotel of the same star rating (and even alot of those with higher ratings). Towels were changed everyday and all the communal spaces were kept immaculately clean. The pool area was chained off each everning making sure that when it was opened up the next morning it was spotless and ready for use. The daytime snack bar served a good range of food and drinks and the focus on customer honesty in making sure that anything that you purchased or had billed to your room showed how the hotel feels about their customers. Likewise in the evening bar/lounge area, where prices were the cheapest we found in Rhodes with a cocktail coming in at only 4 euros was great and Agnes's spirit measures made sure that these were not like the weak or wattered down versions that you got elsewhere. The friendliness and helpfullness of all the staff from owners Lisa and her hubby to the cleaners was first class. The proper small fridge in each room and also the hairdryers supplied at no extra cost were additonal bonuses. My only minor grumble is with the towels, although changed daily what harm would it be to put a little softner in the wash as sunburnt skin does not take kindly to the harshness experienced and from what I find at home softner makes towels last longer! I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone and everyone and look forward to going back in the future, might even be on one of the off peak deals that the hotel said they offer to all customers who have left their e-mail address with them, can't wait.

5  Thank dmkeith
#13 of 126 in Rhodes Town
In Camera Art Boutique Hotel
In Camera Art Boutique Hotel
#2 of 126 in Rhodes Town

Been to Nathalie Hotel? Share your experiences!