All reviews no lift snack bar air con a quiet residential area lovely hotel rooms are basic pool area hotel bar small hotel continental style rooms are cleaned every day main road local bars and restaurants home from home met some lovely people well run hotel small fridge
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Small, simple, tiny rooms but impeccably clean, decorated with taste, a nice terrace/ bar, and above all a lovely swimming pool and a poolside bar that serves light fresh luncheons and snacks. The hotel is family-run, with a family atmosphere, very friendly efficient staff , located in a quiet residential area off the main road in Ixia. Perhaps a small minus goes to breakfast - it could do with more fresh fruit and fresh juices and generally, more of the wonderful local products and a bit more attention to detail (why plastic bowls?) but overall, this is a very nice, relating place. We never spend more than two nights in Rhodes, island-bound; but if I did spend a holiday in Rhodes, I would surely come here.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank apaulina
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband and I have just spent at week at this gorgeous and fabulous little hotel. There isn't really much that I can say about this hotel that hasn't already been said. Upon arrival we found out that we did not have a low floor room as requested, but Fotini who was on reception quickly sorted this out for us. She arranged a safety deposit box for us and also air conditioning for the week which we didn't mind paying the 6 euro per day for as in the recent heat it was much needed. Our room was on the first floor over the bar area with a huge balcony which was a little sun trap and got very hot in the afternoon but you did not hear the noise from late stayers in the bar - which to be fair most nights we were!!!

The hotel itself is spotlessly clean, one of the cleanest we have ever stayed in.Sheets and towels changed daily. Lovely sized pool area again spotlessly clean which did not get over crowded considering it was peak season. We didn't eat in the restaurant but were in regular attendance at the hotel bar which had a lovely atmosphere and where we met some lovely people.

Now to the staff - I have to name them one by one because they are a credit to the hotel owners and each one helped make our holiday what it was.....

Anthoni - Bar Man - top top top bloke. Such a lovely lovely man who kept me and my husband and many others entertained into the early hours - and who so kindly helped me make my way through the whole cocktail menu!!!!

Eleni, Fotini and Amanda - Reception 3 lovely lovely ladies who were also so helpful and couldn't do enough for you.

Eva - Poolside Snack Bar - Again lovely lady, great cook who rustles up anything you want and her daily specials - fabulous.

The above people help make this hotel what it is - a little gem. The service they give is second to none, nothing is ever too much trouble and they are always so cheerful and happy to have a chat and make the guests feel comfortable and welcomed.

The location of the hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the main strip in Ixia where there are plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from. It is also just down the road from the Rhodesland Shopping center which is a bit empty shops wise but has a great little travel agents - Sigma Travel which does great deals on trips and is very cheap compared to tour operator costs and I would highly recommend using. Also at the end of the shopping center is Akti Pool Bar and Beach which is open to the public all day and night and is a great place to watch the sunset. Free sunbeds and a pretty good menu with reasonable prices.

We had such a great holiday and we will definitely be returning to the Nathalie and my advice do not take any notice of the star rating as a 2 star it is so undeserved.

2  Thank Sunshine1041
Reviewed 27 August 2013

IMy partner & i have just returned from a fantastic holiday here. We stayed for two weeks . I can,t praise the staff enough, from beginning to end they made you feel as if you were the only guests there. Nothing too much trouble. Lisa and her staff all have a great working relationship, and this shows. The hotel was impeccably clean, towels changed every day, even if you don,t use them. We had evening meals and poolside snacks all which were delicious. We met some lovely people, who we now call friends(even if they do support a different football team ha ha). Anthony thank you for your cocktails and the little chats as we sat at the bar sipping our drinks.All i can say if you are looking for a lovely relaxing holiday in a small, quaint, friendly greek styled hotel look no further. We wouldn,t hesitate to return again. Thank you for making our holiday so wonderful.
Colin & Valerie

Room tip: If you want a room with the sun nearly all day chose one at the poolside.
1  Thank Valerie10024
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Our stay was so disappointing. Unable to sleep for two whole nights we left and went to another hotel. There were unacceptable levels of noise from air con machines on our balcony. We only had a week so it was stressful and ruined the holiday. If we had got a different room we may have had a completely different view of the place.

Date of stay: July 2013
6  Thank marj59
Reviewed 20 August 2013

To be honest, there's not much more I can add to most of the previous reviews.

The Nathalie is deserving of much more than the 'official' two stars stated in the tour operators brochures. The bedrooms are certainly basic, but maintained to a good standard for the Greek islands, and the public areas of the hotel are impeccable.

We ate well at the hotel every morning, but don't expect a full English breakfast. What you do get is good quality and plentiful continental style. Scrambled eggs and sausage or bacon and mushrooms 2 or 3 times per week, but generally breads, croissants, cereals, cheese ham and fruit. Evening meals were great value, very tasty and of the same or better standard than the restaurants down the road.

Lunchtimes we mainly ate at the poolside bar, and normally had Eva's daily special at €6.50.
Eva, who is originally from Hungary, honestly makes the best Goulash I have ever tasted, and she gave me the secret recipe. I hope I can make it the same. Prices are very reasonable, cheaper than most of the nearby places for lunch.

Please give her a good tip, she works long hard hours, always with a smile.

We spent the first two weeks of August there, peak season, and didn't really struggle for sun loungers unless you were very fussy about the exact location. The 6 am towel ninjas didn't make an appearance - the Nathalie's customers are far too civilised for that.

Out of the hotel's control, and therefore not detracting from my rating, are the cats......

Nathalie's owners are doing a great job of finding homes for the strays with the help of a local vet but I fear they're fighting a losing battle as the local area is full of them. The cat's aren't in your face particularly, but if you dare to throw them a few scraps you will never get rid of them from your table. So don't.

Beach is pebbles with a little sand if you wade out a bit. What it loses because of pebbliness, it gains from a fantastic breeze that cools you right down.

Some of the flight times are very antisocial, and rooms are to be vacated by noon, so if you want to extend beyond this make sure you ask reception early on in your stay and get them to confirm it as sometimes they seem to forget or double book.

Really enjoyed our relaxing stay here.

Sarah, Andy, Elliott