All reviews this family run hotel lovely family run washing machine dryer great home cooked food self catering holiday plenty of sunbeds big supermarket pool area turn right short walk small kitchen air con rhodes old town bus stop great holiday towels were changed relaxing stay
Reviewed 26 August 2011

My 5th holiday in this area and Rhodes. Well,.location of the hotel is same time nice and problematic, surrouding area is quiet and feels safe, only 500 meters to nearest beach and tavernas, but with the small kid and her pram passing by road with heavy traffic is not so convient to an Scandinavian family. No security lines and Hellenic traffic is a big a mess. Hotel has not any kind of playing yard to kids with slide, swing and other plastic toys, only small swimming corner at the pool. Food is really nice and tasty, breakfast needs maybe something warm foods forexample sausages to be excellent. Clean small hotel suits better to young couples than families.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Niko_sta
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We stayed one week in Sunday hotel 3.7.2011. We were absolutely thrilled that the hotel was so much more that we expected. Sunday hotel is rated with three stars but entirety hotel is worth of four stars. Quality of service was very high standard.

Hotel staff was warm, kind and caring. They made us feel like we were at home. They gave us good advice and tips for example where to go to eat. They also responded to every request and problem we had. They even brought us a scale from their own home so we could weight our luggage. We were amazed by their hospitality.

We ate many times at snack bar. The food was very delicious and tasty and prices were reasonable. Pool area with the garden was beautiful and taken care of.

We really enjoyed of our holiday in Sunday hotel and we can highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Special thanks to Mixalis for kept smiling to uss :)

Viveka and Ansku

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank vibatsu
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I can write 10 pages for this family hotel and Rhodos island!! But I have to do the work that I haven’t done because of the holidays :)
we spend two weeks with some friends and we really love it! Rhodes island and especially old town is something that we haven't seen before even if we have traveled more than 15 times!the hotel was fantastic because we were filling so free like been to our home,people(family) are very friendly and make us enjoy our holidays.
if you ever go there i highly recommend you to eat at the snack bar , the feta in the oven , pork fillet ala cream ,souvlaki, giros etc
you can believe how tasty are all the foods!we were eating everyday there and then we were out for a drink!Jimmy and Panos are great persons and i hope they will run this place one day!Especially this genius Jimmy!!
last i want to say that i visit many beaches in Rhodes but the best beach was Tsampika beach and Antony Queen Bay!

i hope to have great holidays!
p.s: i will upload some photos shortly.

Date of stay: August 2010
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Smith-lo45
Reviewed 8 August 2010

I just got home from my holiday in Ixia, Rhodes a couple of hours ago, and I immediately decided on writing a review of Sunday Hotel.

The family running the hotel greeted us in the most warm, loving way, and made us feel welcome with their service-mindedness, sweetness and generousity throughout the whole stay. It did not take me long to understand that these were kind people, and that the strong family bonds still lives strong.

My family (my brother, 13, myself 20 and our parents) wanted a calm, relaxing holiday in our beloved Hellas, and that was exactly what we got from Sunday. The room was simple, but equipped with whatever we needed for one weeks stay, and the cleaning was actually better than I had expected based on earlier holidays in Hellas. The pool area was nice, I especially appreciated the showers because of the sometimes high concentration of clorine in the water. In addition to the pool area there is a garden with sunbeds, where you can relax fully if you find a pool full of children disturbing.

If its something that deserves its own paragraph when reviewing Sunday hotel, its the food. I read through some earlier reviews stating that the food is horrible and overpriced, but I really beg to differ! The food was amazingly good, the plates very big and the prices were reasonable. Especially if you're norwegian you will find the prices to be very acceptable!

The only aspect ruining some of the impression is the dangerous passing over the highway in order to get to the beach. It did not cause that much of a problem for us, seeing as the youngest traveller is a teenager and responsible, but I can easily picture this being a challenge for families travelling with small children. I really hope this will be taken care of in the immediate future.

All in all, if you want to experience Hellas and Rhodes at its most loving, relaxed and friendly way, I reccomend you to stay at Sunday hotel. For me personally, Hellas is all about culture, relaxation, friendliness and recharging the batteries, and that was exactly what this hotel gave me. I will definitely come back!

The staff at Sunday Hotel, we all love you! Thank you so much for this wonderful week. We wish you the best of luck with the rest of the season. See you next year!

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank silje_tj
Reviewed 6 January 2010

The food is great - both at the hotel and at the restaurants in town. The location is perfect.
15 min to Rhodes by bus, 5 min to the beach and the nearby town. Tina helped us rent a car and drew a map (again) with everything worth seeing on Rhodes.
There was also arranged Greek night, which gave us a chance to taste greek food, see dancers in national outfit (i think), and have enjoyable night along with a lot of happy people.

Good service - nice people:
Already on our first day we were greeted with a smile from Tina. We were to go out to see Rhodes town and just find out where everything was located - a typical first day. She explained and drew a map to make sure we didn't loose our way. We came back all burned up from the sun, and again they were caring, telling us to remember the sunscreen :)
One day we had a misunderstanding with the maid and the minute we told the staff they straightened out. All in all - there is a reason everybody know the names of this family. They are friendly, nice and know everything there is to know about hospitality. They make sure you feel like home and have great holiday.

Tim and trine, Denmark