All reviews old town they let us check in early open buffet breakfast hot food was cold clean and modern hotel nice breakfast stayed for two nights desk staff tea bags renovated room perfect location city hotel air conditioner would stay again third floor comfortable beds min walk
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Beautiful hotel great location , near to port and shops,restaurants,lovely breakfast, this was a 2 night stay as a trip from the island of halki and we were impressed withe quality of the room, the bar prices, and everything about it.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stayed there in april 2012 with my boyfriend,they gave us a terrible room with view at some garbage,at the side of the hotel.Also the room had ants and at the beginning we didn't say nothing,but after we left a coca cola and the ants where too many. I told the receptionist that we should change the room because of the ants and she said that it was our fault because we left the coca cola and she didnt apologise.(she gave us another room fortunately,also bad but without ants.)That's rudness and I'm not gonna stay in this hotel anymore,although I've been there many times,me and my family. This last time was a disaster!!!

Date of stay: April 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnthiaKav
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The hotel is in a good location within walking distance to the Old Town and water front. The lobby is the best part of the hotel, modern and clean. Then we went up to our room which was back in the 70s with small bathroom, old tiles, tiny shower base and floral shower curtain. The walls are thin so talking, TV and plumbing noise is heard loud and clear from other rooms. Wifi in the lobby and restaurant area was 5 Euro per day per user. Buffet breakfast was good for the B&B price.

Date of stay: May 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013

A good central location in a prosperous quarter. The beach, shops, harbours and the old town are all just minutes away and the hotel's very inviting and roomy receptions areas can be accessed easily from back and front of the hotel. The bedrooms are fairly standard — mine had a balcony with an unlovely view — but very clean and well-equipped with spare pillows and blankets and spotless bathroom. The water could do with being a few degrees hotter. The mattress was a little on the hard side, but I slept well, and the building and environs were quiet at night.

Breakfast was ample with everything known to man except the things I desire most in the morning — strong hot coffee, and fresh fruit. This would make all the difference. I should say in the hotel's defence that tinned as well as dried fruit was on offer in abundance including dried star fruit, dried kiwi, and other novelties I enjoyed trying. Everything else was very good — plenty of bacon, eggs, cheese, various varieties of bread, marble cake, even λουκούμι (Turkish delight).

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Madog29
Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

The best thing about the Lydia hotel is the lobby. It makes you believe you actualy are in a nice hotel. The rooms however are very old and outdated. The bathroom ceiling was covered in mould. Also interesting, the lamp that was in our room could not be turned on because it couldn't be plugged in anywhere. The was only one electricity outlet in the entire room!
Also the staff act very hautain, like this was some posh hotel.
Breakfast ends at 9:30 which is just ridiculous. And of course the breakfast area is completely crowded because of this.
I would not recommand this hotel, there are better options in Rhodos.

Date of stay: October 2012