“Very tasty authentic greek food”

Locanda Greek Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 453 Restaurants in Rhodes Town
Price range: US$17 - US$31
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located right next to Medieval Town of Rhodes, Locanda Demenagas Greek restaurant promises a unique food experience that will transfer you into culinary dreams found only in the old recipes and flavours of our grandmother. Serving several traditional greek plates, having the locals in mind, it managed to be a point of reference for them as an authentic, tasty and affordable Greek cuisine. Locanda works all year round contrary to other restaurants that open only for the touristic season and as a small family run business is proud of its hospitality and originality. If you are visiting Rhodes for a short vacation and want to enjoy a non touristy meal then you should give it a try and stay assured that it will be one of the highlights of your trip.
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Very good food and charming owner. Took us into kitchen to show us the food. So much easier than deciphering the menu

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I have travelled all over the Mediterranean in our sail boat-(my husband is French so he knows great food} and the Locanda is the best restaurant we have found. It is the best food you can imagine and at an affordable price. The welcome is wonderful; the ambiance is warm and inviting and there is an amazing ocean view!
The dorade (sea bream) fish casserole and chicken casserole (coq au vin) are divine! The best imam and moussakka we have ever eaten! Everything is fresh and delectable! We cannot say enough about this jewel of a restaurant. We love talking with the owner who is a charming, sophisticated, worldly man. And his daughter and son-in-law are lovely. You see we have gotten to know the whole family as we have been eating there ….every day each time we came to Rhodes over the last 2 years. It has been our second home!

1  Thank MaryGrace305
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The restaurant is owned and run by the Demenagas family. Mr Demenagas who clearly has a true passion for cooking gets up at about 5 a.m every morning he told me to produce a stunning arrray of authentic Greek dishes - different every day. The day we were there there were dolmades, roast chicken, giovetsi, octopus in red wine, moussaka, Greek roast potatoes, slow-cooked pork, dorade baked with tomatoes and potatoes, fish soup, chorta and more. It all looks so delicious it's hard to choose. Excellent olive oil is served with the bread. The restaurant looks appealing and the tables are nicely set with linen tablecloths. The view of the harbour is stunning. The restaurant is decorated with fascinating old pictures of Rhodes.

1  Thank Marion A
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Spotless, unique taste, friendly service, lovely atmosphere reasonable prices. I know that I repeat what everybody else already commented, but is simply the truth. Go for it!

1  Thank George M
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I had noticed this restaurant on the way from the ferry pier to the Old Town. Since the few open places in the Old Town did not look all that appealing I decided to give it a try and I was glad I did.
The rooster I had on my first visit was good enough that I went back two days later. The horta pie and the prawn saganaki that I had then were very fine. Housewine was surprisingly good, especially the red one.
What I liked most was the cozy, friendly atmosphere. It's a little bit classier than your average Greek taverna, with nice tablecloth and crockery, without being formal. Many locals came and went, to dine, to pick up take away meals or just for a chat.
Highly recommended!