All reviews rooms are nice and clean location is great excellent hotel elias windy rhodos
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Out charter operator used this facility to deposit our luggage during our transfer back home.
We had free access to a full of plastic mugs, cups, food leftovers and food packings "swimming pool" (about 4m long and from 0,80 to 1,60 depth), common toilets and showers.
A rather impolite (to put it mildly) receptionist informed us that "We do not have towels", when we suggested to rent towels in order to have a shower.
Not well air-conditioned lobby.

Date of stay: July 2013
3  Thank DebarajaSV
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed at Manousos in mid July and we enjoyed every second of our stay!
I must say though that the Hotel itself is of a low standard regarding the food, service and rooms. The lady at the reception was fairly friendly, in general people who worked there tried their hardest to be as friendly and welcoming as it would be possible after having hundreds of drunken teenagers running around there partying non-stop :D They were not very happy when they had to help with any kind of service or information, however they still did, so that’s fine enough for us. One guy at the bar was especially friendly and made us a great cold coffee that we ordered almost every day from then. I would recommend taking a room on the second floor, not only because that saves you from waiting for ages for the lift and in general is located best, but also because of the wonderful, sweet, amazing lady that cleaned our room there and just was the most lovely and positive woman I have ever met. We will miss her kindness and are looking forward to seeing her again when we come back next year.
We had All Inclusive and I think it was definitely worth it as we used the bar quite a lot (even though after a while, you do get some pretty judgmental looks every time you go to get an alcoholic drink). The food was okay, but definitely nothing special. It was neither especially tasty, nor was it warm when it should have been, however it was great to not have to worry about where to eat and to just grab a bite when you get hungry. The room was simple, but okay. We had no problem with any noise interrupting our sleep. Furniture in the room was broken and definitely needs replacing. We found used condoms under our bed, the toilet was smeared all over with pee, puke and poop, so that I had to clean it first thing before our stay. Apart from that everything was not too bad. The pool was very clean actually and there were always free sun beds available. The reception area is really nice and a great place to hang out with others and mingle. The location of the hotel is perfect! - right next to the bar street, 2 minutes away from alot of great restaurants and there was a little convenient store right outside the hotel! This made it sooo easy to just go get some drinks, food, or anything you might need whenever we felt like it.
THE NUMBER ONE awesome thing that totally made our stay at Manousos though was the atmosphere! Even though this is not the most luxurious place to stay at you can be sure to have the time of your life here. Every day we met some new super fun people to hang out with at day time and to party with at night. Had some great roof top parties on top of the hotel and pre parties at the room, which however got interrupted every time by the (maybe a little bossy, but heartwarmingly caring) security guard of the hotel. Even though that was a bit of a shame because we read before that a bit of partying and loud music was not much of an issue at the Manousos, it definitely did not destroy our mood and we just went on partying somewhere else. MY POINT IS: If you are -like us- a couple that still loves to party and mingle and meet other people, or if you are a group of friends that wants to have a great time with a lot of fun people your age (18-25) then this place is definitely the right one for you!!!! We will definitely be back next year, that’s for sure :)

Room tip: 1. floor is too noisy and has too many people running by all the time. 2. floor was perfect for us as we still could use the stairs instead of waiting for the lift. 3. floor would probably still be fine. Everything from there is too high to use the stairs. If you want to be around people much then I would also not recommend a room all the way on the top
Date of stay: July 2013
1  Thank Lars Janina H
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This hotel was selected for me by my travel insurance company when my husband fell ill and had to be admitted to Rhodes General Hospital.

When I arrived, I was tired, stressed and in desperate need of some TLC. But I wasn't to find it here.

The receptionist denied that the insurance company had made a reservation for me but did reluctantly agree that they had been in touch. She allocated me a room on the third floor and given that I had two suitcases, two handluggage bags plus my handbag I was offered no help with getting my luggage to the room. In fact, the lifts are so small in this place I barely fitted in with the gear.

The room was ok and I had no problems with its cleanliness. Wifi was a bit iffy and not a great deal of choice on the tele and it hadn't been tuned in terribly well. No plugs supplied in the bathroom but when I asked for one for the basin (I needed to get some handwashing done) I was told, rather bluntly, to "ask tomorrow" . However, when I asked the following morning, one had been fitted when I returned to the room the following evening. The only other issue I had with the room was that the extractor fan in the bathroom wasn't working. I did report it but nothing was done. For this reason my washing took over 3 days to dry.

The view wasn't great. I had a room at the front which overlooked the supermarket opposite. Unfotunately the building opposite is in a very dilapidated state (see attached photo) and some of its balconies were a foot deep (literally) in pigeon poo.

Once my husband had been discharged from the hospital and had joined me in the hotel, we decided to spend one evening at the cinema. Our travel agent (Exclusively Lindos - and I can't rate them high enough) had confirmed there were two cinemas and that films would be shown in English. She suggested asking at hotel reception for film times. On asking, the receptionist's blunt reply was "no", turned away and added "you have to go there". Back to the travel agent who had no problem in providing the details we needed. It was at this point my husband finally believed me when I said she was the least helpful and grumpiest receptionist we'd ever met.

For medical reasons we were unable to lie by the pool but we did have a look. it was small and drab and no sunshades were provided.

Location wise, it is well positioned. Yes, it is directly behind so called "Bar street" but by Greek Law amplified music into the street must be switched off at 1am, so it wasn't too bad. it is very close to the beaches and to lots of good restaurants and only a 10 -15 minute walk to the old town.

Would I stay there again? Would I hell!

Date of stay: June 2013
1  Thank pjk2005
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I take pride in being amongst those who have been MANOUSSOS customers from the early '80's. way before the successive thorough rennovations that turned an once modest hotel into a truly welcoming establishment that, in exchange for a reasonable price, offers one an incredible array of amenities that no hotel of its class and range could ever dare claim in most European destinations. From the decoration of the rooms to the diversity of breakfast, without forgetting a small but nice swimming pool, everything at Manoussos has been designed to make all of us not rolling into the money very well taken care of - pampered even. Most and above all, the location of the establishment - within walking distance from the city center and only 100 m. away from one of the most popular seafronts on the island, makes it the ideal spot. I have been and will remain a committed guest of MANOUSSOS. A great thanks to the wonderful women at the Reception and of course to Mr. Manoussos himself who has for the last few years concentrated his activities on this establishment and whose physical presence practically at all times on the premises is proof of his dedication. BRAVO!

Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank George F
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We were given the best room in terms of the view. We were in room 705 on the roof of the hotel with undisturbed beatifull views of the sea. The sunset was just mesmerising. The veranda was huge. The room was big enough for two people, plenty of storage, nice'ish furniture. So far so good... The state of cleanliness of the room was so bad, we checked in at around 19:00, and we immediatelly went out in search of an all surfaces disinfectant to buy - yes it was that bad! Everything was so sticky to the touch.. Very discusting indeed! Given the time, we ended up cleaning ourselves - very very bad - people go on vacation to rest, NOT to clean some more in a place you pay to sleep!! The floor was sticky too, and we asked the reception to arrange to get it moped...twice... They managed to get it done on our third day... (and even then it was as if they didn't use any disinfectant as the floor was a bit sticky/oily). The sheets on the bed looked like they had not been changed, little hair all over... Eventually they managed to get fresh sets to us. But the towels were changed everyday - nice touch, but did not make up for the uncleanliness.

Date of stay: August 2012