I am an experienced charter traveler and travel 3-4 times a year and I know it can cause problems and accidents, and I thought I seen it all, but have never experienced anything like this.
At Manousos hotel we were informed by reception staff that they could not find our room booking and we will have to wait until his colleague should start his shift, even though we had both booking slip indicating the room reservation and payment is completed.
The staff were very dismissive and said it was not their problem and that we would be looking hotel elsewhere or wait for our courier service would open. The staff was very rude and non-service-minded.
It had then been five hours after we landed, but at Ticketmaster reference was back to the number that was specified on the voucher. After a few more attempts to communicate with the reservation attendants so we were abruptly told by hotel staff that there was now a room for us.
The room was a mess, and of course it was above the crowded bar. The receptionist said that it was just a little problem with the booking system. They never asked for apology or even greeted us as we passed the front desk. I have never in my life felt more unwelcome and badly treated.
The room was OK, apart from the sound volume from the bar but preferably from celebration teenagers. I'm also young and can have patience with this kind of noise, but it concerned roar, people pounding on the doors, smashed the glass in corridors and on balconies etc. The staff did not do much to preserve order.
"Celebration" was going generally five or six in the morning. It did not get much sleep. Stay result, we dozed our way through the day at the pool, even though it was celebrated there, too, and was able to never do anything, attend activities or excursions on the day.
I also work in hotels and know that such unprofessional conduct had been reason enough to get fired. This holiday was something I had looked forward to for months but I'm incredibly disappointed. The staff At Manousos hotel did never say hi or anything when we past by the reception. I should NEVER recommend this hotel, it ruined my vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Manousos Hotel is situated on the beautiful Greek Island of Rhodes, in the Dodecanese archipelago. Rhodes was once the home of the legendary Colossus, a very tall and imposing statue considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Today this amazing island in the Aegean Sea offers not only beautiful sandy beaches but also a wealth of ancient sites including the medieval town of Rhodes, which is itself a World Heritage Site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manousos City Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manousos Hotel Rhodes Town
- Manousos City Hotel Rhodes/Rhodes Town