1,396 results
All reviews animation team snack bar father and son evening entertainment beach shoes pool area mini club great holiday until midnight water polo air con music quiz daily activities plenty of choice kids club family room plenty of sunbeds
Reviewed 3 September 2013

amazing. good food. it it is all inclusive if you want a la carte go some where else. So much variety at meal times children treat fantastically my greek teacher who was on the daytime bar amazing the one after 4 in the afternoon has issues my 17 and a half year old son was given a small plastic cup by him every time I obviously went back and requested a glass this barman has issues and lets the hotel diown.I agree with all chris has said prior to me however we put our towels on the beds. rre my earlier comment my son is 6foot 2 with a full face of hair.We will come back hopefully the obnoxious bar man will be gone

Room tip: we were in a bungalow partition gave us privacy ,there are rooms on the ground floor of hotel with self catering facilities
3  Thank owls123
AvraBeach, Public Relations Manager at Avra Beach Resort Hotel - Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Avra Beach Resort for holidays and also for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Also we would like to thank you for your useful remarks regarding the barman.

We are very happy that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us. It will be a real pleasure for us to host you in our hotel again.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Avra Beach experience was a very good one. Very good accommodation, very good food, very good services, very nice staff. There were and some things that I didn't like: the lack of fresh fruits between main meals (it is true that were provided a lot of other very good snacks), the quality of juices wasn't a high one.
I recommend Avra Beach to other tourists.

Date of stay: July 2013
3  Thank raresh81

Dear Raresh,

Thank you for choosing Avra Beach Resort for your holidays.

We are very glad that you have had a pleasant stay at our hotel and that you were especially pleased with the services our staff provided. Also we would like to thank you for your recommendation to other guests.

It has been a great pleasure to have you staying at our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I arrived at the hotel fairly late in the evening, with my wife and family. Unfortunately we didnt have the correct documentation. But this was not a problem for the lovely reception lady who was both helpful and cheerful. She directed us to our room, which we found to be very clean and perfectly adaquate. I always think that people make too much of an issue of hotel rooms, as you only really use them as a base, so long as they are clean, which they are; and cleaned on a daily basis, and they are cool, which again they are, with air conditioning.

We found the hotel to be of a high standard, with very friendly staff (I can't agree with previous comments who say that the staff don't smile) A special mention should go to Kiriakos who works the day shift at the beach bar, who must be the most genuinely nice person you could ever meet. He spends the whole of his shift with a smile on his face and a friendly word for whoever he is serving.

The pool is also very nice with a safe paddling area for young children. The pool was cleaned daily by a very hard working attendant(s) and as others have stated, never seemed to be crowded.

We found the food to be varied, and bearing in mind that there must be up to eight or ten different nationalities staying, that there was always something different to try. The restaurant area was spotlessly clean and the food was of very good quality. Other comments have said that tables are not re-set, but that is because it got a little busy and you would have to sit at a table and get our own cutlery (not a problem!!).

We found that if you wanted to get involved with the Animation team during the day that you could, but they would leave you if you didnt choose to take part. What I think is very good is that once you told them your name, they remembered it! Most of our dealings were with Artur and Chris who are both excellent hosts and entertainers, Artur's one fault being the colour of his shirt!! The two girls (Elin and Susan) dealt mainly with the younger children, but from what I could tell, they were equally as hard working as the boys.

The issue of sun beds is a problem, which I read about before visiting, but it is very frustrating to encounter it. When you get to the sun bed area, there is a sea of towels etc on the beds, which is supposed to be against hotel rules, so we sat in the bar area. What made us really angry was that some of the 'claimed' sun beds would not be used all day, yes, people actually got out of bed at whatever hour of the morning, claimed the sun beds, and then didnt use them!! Some even claimed beds by the pool, and beds by the sea!! But dont let this spoil what is a very good hotel, although the onus is on them to solve this problem!

We found it simple enough to access the rest of the island with a full taxi service available, at set prices for particular visits, or a bus service which stops right outside the hotel and takes you right into Rodos (Rhodes town) for E2.20. We found it better to get a taxi to and from Rodos as it costs E9 in the cab and E8.80 on the bus!

Back at the hotel, and All Inclusive! This is the first time that we have gone AI, but for us, this is the way to go in future. The amount of soft drinks and water drank during the day, and then the wine, beer and cocktails during the night, although you are drinking the local products, really is value for money.

Overall though, we found it to be a great place to stay at and look forward to returning

4  Thank Chris D

Dear Chris,

We would like to thank you for choosing Avra Beach Resort for your holidays and also for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are very glad that you have had a pleasant stay at our hotel and that you were especially pleased with the services our staff provided. We have shared your kind words with all of them. We do take all comments seriously and we reviewed your comments regarding the sunbeds.

Once again thank you for your nice words and for your recommendation to other guests. It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our guests and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

My husband daughter and mysef arrived Wednesday 21st August approx 10.00 pm . We were greeted by one member of Staff a receptionist who was pleasant enough she gave us a room which she said was a " nice one" there was no one to assist with luggage and we were sent to find the room ourselves .I have never visited a 4 star hotel that didnt have a porter!! We opened the door only to be greeted by a mass of cockroaches and ants ... ( please see photos ) I checked the beds and they were also covered in ants and hair . The mattress covers were filthy as were the bedside lampshades and the bedcovers . Going straight back to the receptionist I
explained that the room was filthy and no way was u sleeping in it due to the infestation - she told me "it sometimes happens because of the heat and that they won't hurt you " .. Well I'm sorry i have stayed in hotter countries than Greece and I have never had ants and cockroaches in the room! It was pure filth ..after her agreeing to move us the next day we
agreed to the room being fumigated and cleaned . The next morning we were given a clean room however I have to say it wasn't much better .
Probably not updated since 1980!!
Food ....
Beach bar snacks were horrendous .. Pizza squares and cake , cheese rolls ice cream .
All drinks watered down within an inch if there life ! That includes beer and spirits . Cocktails with no imagination whatsoever!

Restaurant....
Staff pleasant but lazy. Dirty tables on a lunch time and evening . We gave up on breakfast in the end as the toaster had one side working for over 4 days it took 20 mins to queue to just get to it !!! Imagine the size if the queue.!!
Meals were extremely boring - the quality if food was ok however little or no imagination and even less selection .
The sweets were horrendous I don't know what they were they tasted awful it was the same Fir the duration of the holiday so We had to go to local restaurants outside the hotel most of the time even though it was all inclusive ..
The pool..
If you like blasting music ( from 1975 that is ) you would be in heaven !! From 9.30 all day with a couple if interruptions from the water polo ball hitting you . You will love it . Oh and just to note there are a lot if families but no life gaurds in fact one security gaurd for the whole hotel and he watched while children played in the fountain that had electric lights inside !!! Amazing I don't know how there wasn't an accident .

Well the last comment is regarding Wi-fi it cost 15 euros per day
Every other hotel I have stayed in
It's free..
With that in mind I will leave you to decide wether to holiday in avra beach in my opinion it would be lucky to scrape 2stars . It is by far the poorest hotel I have ever stayed in and I am amazed by a the good reviews it has received on trip advisor it certainly wasn't cheap and we feel we wasted our hard earned money .. Definitely will not book with jet2 again .

3  Thank Ksibet
AvraBeach, Public Relations Manager at Avra Beach Resort Hotel - Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our hotel.

We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we apologize that your stay was below your standards. We appreciate your feedback and we have reviewed the room cleanliness during your stay here. Concerning the Wi-Fi it costs €15 for 24 hours not per day.

We want all of our guests to enjoy their stay and we hope that you will consider staying with us again and give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Just got back 22nd August from a holiday in Rhodes staying at Avra Beach Hotel. The overall holiday was amazing . We found some of the greek people not very friendly at all especially taxi drivers which is a shame as Rhodes is beautifull.The hotel itself was very clean and staff constantly cleaning . Reception staff very friendly and helpfull. Our room was on 4th floor number 426 although quite basic very clean and comfortable.when standing on the balcolny we could see backof the kitchen , but when

sitting down we had a stunning view of the bay and beyond . There is a resturant next door and they have live entertaiment some evenings i use the word entertaiment loosley as i wouldnt call that singing ,and can go on quite late at weekends . Also the staff there like to have loud music playing at 7am while getting the place ready for the day. Our cleaning lady was very good leaving the room very clean every day changing the towels every day and sheets every second day. She was always smilling and happy . Some of the staff outside by the bar and around didnt seem to know how to smile . The hotel is right on the beach there are plenty of sun beds and tables and chairs. So no fighting to get either . I think this is because this hotel is not as big as some around so not so many people just comfortable . The swimming pool is very nice and was never to crowded . The sea very warm and clear little bit of shingle on the way in but not a problem.walk down a few steps straight into the sea. Now to the resturant this is really the only complaint i have the food is very much the same every day but is very nice so there was always something to eat . The main problem was its not very organised at all. When people leave a table its never relayed just cleared . So when you get your food and find a table you then have go and find cutlery and seviettes and get drinks if its busy that can take a while . Sometimes ifthey run out of food it takes them a while to replace it . Another problem the whole of Rhodes has a stray cat population including hotel so its not nice cats walking around the resturant . The hotel had many eastern europeans who sadly were very rude greedy and brash no manners and love to queue jump . Overall we had a lovely holiday and would deff return .

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Angie M
AvraBeach, Public Relations Manager at Avra Beach Resort Hotel - Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Angie,

We would like to thank you for choosing Avra Beach Resort for holidays and also for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Also we would like to thank you for your useful remarks regarding the restaurant organization.