All reviews sister hotel elli beach cactus hotel safety box music shows father and son cleaning lady breakfast room old town free wifi stay there again sea reception rhodes carpet drawers renovation
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I went with two friends over the summer and we had a great time! We loved waking up with a full view of the Mediterranean Sea and being able to just walk across the street to the beach. We found the staff to be very helpful, especially when we had questions about getting to and from the other islands. Free breakfast was good. The decor isn't the most up-to-date but we were more interested in the beach than the carpet so it wasn't a big deal. Would definitely stay there again!

Room tip: Beach view!
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
AQUARIUMVIEWHOTEL, Director of Sales at Aquarium View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your nice comments about us!
We are delighted to read that you had a nice time during your stay in Aquarium View Hotel!
We are looking forward to welcome you back!!!!

Reviewed 11 October 2012

We stayed here for one night as we were unable to stay in a neighbouring hotel for the first night of our holiday. I booked online through the hotel website. We booked this hotel due to its location and were not disappointed with our bedroom's beach-facing balcony. The bedroom was basic, but clean. The kitchenette in the cupboard was a surprise, but looked unused. The bathroom was small but clean, the towels of very good quality and the water was hot. There was an over-powering smell of cleaning fluid throughout the bedroom area. The breakfast room was cramped and uninviting. The totally self-service breakfast was disappointing - wafer thin slices of processed meat and cheese, fresh bread and tired fruit. The tea and coffee were OK, the orange juice reasonable. The hot selection was limited and one of the two waiters on duty that morning was continually adding water to and stirring what looked like grits/porridge. I accept you get what you pay for and the hotel was not expensive. Maybe it was because we stayed at the end of the season, but the hotel, staff and other guests seemed lacklustre and worn out. On the whole it was a depressing experience compared with other Greek hotels I have stayed in.

Room tip: Sea facing rooms have a great view.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
AQUARIUMVIEWHOTEL, Director of Sales at Aquarium View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to post your feedback from your holiday on tripadvisor.
we are really sad that you did not enjoy the breakfast because this year we made a lot of changes to provide to our guests an upgrated breakfast.
Although we are glad that you were satisfied with the location of the hotel and the cleaning of the room.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

I've stayed there with my wife and my 5 years old daughter for 5 nights.
The Hotel is in the best place of Rodos, very close by foot to the center, but placed in a place that the beach is just 10 meters.
I know it is not a new hotel, i know that it is not the best in town, but it is the best for the money i gave.
A/C works great, breakfast is ok, internet acces is available to the Hotel and in the rooms for free and with very good signal, the staff is more than friendly, beach is in every side of the Hotel, city center, bars, restaurants are within walking distance of 4 minutes, the rooms are clean , ok, i agree the Hotel is not 4 star, it is not new, ok...so what? It is so many other things that worth the money.
That's my opinion.
Hello everybody.

Room tip: It is a cheap Hotel, close to any activity you might need. NOt money for transportation etc.
Date of stay: August 2012
3  Thank klavmaster
AQUARIUMVIEWHOTEL, Director of Sales at Aquarium View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacation. We always try to do our best by upgrading constantly our services. We hope that you enjoyed your vacation in our hotel and we wish to see you again.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

There is a better alternative: commit a crime, give yourself up and spend a few nights in jail. Much preferable than staying in this hotel.
Breakfast consists of sausages that were produced before Elizabeth became queen, the cleaners start cleaning and rearranging the furniture at 6am (when I thought I could sleep), internet access is advertized but not available. The rooms are small and the furniture has taken a minimalist approach, the noise from the beach keeps you awake until the cleaners come in.

Date of stay: July 2012
1  Thank 259Disappointed

It is a surprise for us to hear from you these words about our rooms and services (breakfast, wi-fi, cleaning). It is very sad the fact that you are so disappointed with our hotel because our priority is to satisfy our guests and always try to do our best.

Reviewed 28 June 2011

The location is the best. You can access the old town, shops, beach, casino, everything is within a walking distance. You can see and hear the sea from your balcony and swim just in 2 seconds! The highest the floor, the less noise you get from the street and the beach. Definitely the greatest location to enjoy the island!
Now apart from the location, I was not satisfied by the hotel services and their politeness. The staff in the reception was not helpful and not polite at all.
Although they say the internet is free, I never managed to get access. I could navigate from my cell while I was on the beach using others free wi fi but back to the hotel it never worked. I mentioned the problem to the reception, she told me that they would solve the technical problem but they never did.
The cleaning was awful. They only come to clean every 2 days and only until 14:30. Because of their fault they didn’t come to our room for 2 consecutive days and left us with no toiled paper! I had to argue with the reception in order to send somebody to clean the mess and change the garbage!
Another great problem was with the bathroom where there was no window and no ventilation at all! That means that if you wanted to use it you really had a problem with the smells..... Furthermore the water after 8pm was never too hot.
When we left the room they didn’t even ask me if was satisfied….

Room tip: Definetely ask for a sea view room
Date of stay: June 2011