All reviews basic hotel change towels old town every other day double bed elli beach perfect location nikos
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Hotel location is great, few minutes walk to the city beach. Staff is very polite, they clean rooms every day, and change towels daily. Food in hotel restaurant is fine, and prices are average for the island. Only bad thing is noise from drunk guests in late night hours. They were slaming the door, screaming and playing music loud almost every night. And the sound isolation is quite bad. So, I would not recommend this hotel to older people, or others who are intolerante to such noise.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
12  Thank braneer
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Like some others, had reservations after reading the reviews. However, found it to be a great wee hotel. Reasonable sized room with a view of the street below, great for a drink on the balcony people watching. Once the balcony door was closed, there was no noise at all coming in. Free wifi in the lobby, free air con in the room (excellent) and breakfast. Breakfast was continental style - rolls, croissants, jams, ham, cheese, yogurt, honey, tea/coffee and fruit juices, couldn't complain about any of it. Lady on reception was very nice and helpful too.
Situated in the Swedish sector of town with plenty bars and restaurants. Easy walking distance from the Old Town and easy to find.
Paid £36 for 2 nights bed and breakfast with free air con for me and hubby. Would definitely go there again. (Room 502 was just perfect)

Room tip: Room 502, good view of street below, sunny till late.
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank elaine L
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Didn't stay at the hotel but called for evening meal and drinks lots of nights. Aris the barman was really friendly so we went back again food was good too Would definitely call again when we go back to Rhodes

Date of stay: August 2012
3  Thank Wayne T
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I needed a hotel in Rhodes town for the night as the ferry from the Island on which I was staying was too late for the flight out of Rhodes and came up with The Carina Hotel at either £20 or 20 Euros, I can't remember which. Having booked it I then checked the reviews (better the other way I know!) so I arrived expecting the worst. The receptionist was friendly and helpful, the room was small but clean, with A/C which was a pleasant surprise and free Wifi in the lobby. It is situated just off "The strip", has a pleasant open air bar downstairs and is very close to all the restaurants and bars but no noisy clubs that I could see. I checked out at 5.00am so I can't comment on the breakfast. My stay was late September 2012 so towards the end of the season but the place was still quite busy. A bargain all in all.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank johnandfranners
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Before our trip I read all the reviews about the hotel, and actually I was quite afraid of going there. After the week we spend there, I'm really positively surprised about the quality of service, cleanliness of the rooms and especially about the location of the hotel in the center of the city. Short walk to both beaches, old town and the new town shops.
Breakfast, as told in the reviews before, wasn't actually gourmet: Bread rolls, croissants, some cheese and ham (which I didn't taste at all), and eggs or youghurt (natural or flavoured) every other morning. Still, it was eatable and with it you survived until the next food.
Food in hotel bar was good, on a couple of days we ate there omelettes for lunch. Price was also cheap.
All the staff were polite and helpful, and the cleaning lady kept our room extremely tidy the whole week!
Our room was small, and the glass door of the toilet was pretty weird... But in spite of that our room was good place to store your luggage, take a shower and to sleep. Balcony view wasn't too breathtaking: Next buildings stairway. But that's a thing I can live with.

We might have been lucky, or then the hotel has improved, but I can't see any reason to complain. Two star hotel is two star hotel, though as a two star hotel this was little bit better than the usual. I'll recommend Carina for everyone, who isn't going to spend the whole holiday in the hotel room, or balcony ;)!

Date of stay: August 2012