“excellent for young travelers, amazing location”
Review of Carina Hotel

Carina Hotel
Ranked #105 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Very good for its price, beach and old city of rhodes 5 minutes away by foot.
Rooms are airconditioned and very clean when you check in.
Cleaning lady was sick for a couple of days... So you get the point.
Breakfast was ok, nothing special.
When i realized that i was going to stay at 2 star hotel i prepared for the worst, but i was pleasantly surprised when we got to our room.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
6  Thank hydramax

Reviewed 11 August 2010

I stayed at the Carina Hotel for a week in July 2010. Having looked at some of these reviews, I was pretty apprehensive. If you're the kind of holiday-maker who likes to spend your time lolling around your hotel suite, then this maybe isn't the place for you. On the other hand, if you're a realistic traveller who just wants to avoid spending too much on accomodation, then it's ideal. Our room was small with a tiny en-suite bathroom but it was cleaned regularly. It had a fridge and very effective air conditioning, which was a godsend as Rhodes can get very hot in summer. However, our air con wasn't included in the price - we had to pay five euros per night to have it switched on. This is a small and slightly old-fashioned hotel - you could say that it's a bit "down at heel". Breakfast, it has to be admitted, was not a highlight: just orange juice, coffee and croissants. But really, if you want a full cooked English there are literally twenty places within a three minute walk that will give you that. The old part of Rhodes Town is beautiful and very quaint. This hotel is not in that old part of town. It's in among a sprawl of hotels and restaurants that has obviously grown up over the years. It's a bit noisy at night, so maybe more suitable for youngsters than people with families or quiet marrieds like us - we were occasionally woken up, hours after retiring, by clubbers coming home in the early hours. So, it's not the Ritz, but anyone who has called it "A Hell Hole" is a Hyacinth Bucket style moaner who has totally unreasonable expectations of what you can expect at a price like this!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ScottishLady74
Reviewed 30 June 2010

The hotel is very basic - a plug in the sink would have been useful. OK if you're not fussy and don't mind other guests screaming and running up & down the corridors in the middle of the night. We moved out early.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Perfect for hollidays. Price included aircondition. All rooms have balcon. Close to beach and town center ( markets, bars, restaurants,...). All that for young people need!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WRRROOOOOMMMMMMMM
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Travelling alone to Rhodos is always a pleasure, even to stay at a hotel like Carina.

I got one of the "nice" rooms, they told me. View to a tennis court and lots of pidgeons and cats, but an extremely small bathroom (it's a luck I'm not huge....) Unfortunately, my room was not clean. And that's the least I expect when I go to Greece - usually they're really thorough and it smells nice - fresh towels and sheets and so on. But no. My heart sank.

Day time staff - polite, but not welcoming. It's an international hotel, not so many regular guests, I suppose that's why they don't really care. And breakfast you better avoid. There's plenty of places nearby that serve good food.

Night time reseptionist and bartender - THANK YOU! - they made me feel at home at once. That's important to me when travelling alone, I like to have a safe "home" to return to after day trips, days on the beach, or drinks in the old town at night. I love them! And even though I'll never stay at this hotel again, I will visit the bar at night, it was lovely!

So this single girl had a nice stay on her own, in spite of the hotel's efforts to depress her :-)

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank R-Loevli
Reviewed 30 September 2008

The above reviews had me very worried when we booked a weeks stay at the Carina in September.

We have just returned after a brilliant holiday, and the hotel really wasn't as bad as an experience as I was expecting.

The room was quite small, but for the amount of time we spent in there, it was fine, double bed, clean sheets and towels every other day, a fridge, nice hot shower, and a balcony we could sit out at night. For a 2 star hotel, we felt this was perfectly reasonable.

The hotel bar was lovely and had some really good offers on with drinks and cocktails.

There was a TV downstairs and internet and the staff were lovely.

The best thing about this hotel though, and quite suprisingly for the low price we paid was its location. It was brilliant being in the middle of all the shops, bars, restaurants, and literally 2 minutes walk to the beach, and 10 minutes down to Mandraki Harbour and the Old Town.

Very nice hotel and an amazing holiday, Can't wait to go back to Rhodes, would more than happily stay in the Carina again!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank gooders401
Reviewed 8 August 2008

a horrible dump and no one should go to it....It was a holiday from hell,i dont even think hell is that bad.I went there with my two kids thinkin it was a bargain as the travel agent said it was a family holiday.It wasn't even good enough for a dog it was horrible with ants and bugs all over the place.It was dull boring and the worst holiday of my life.The rep was so rude and beside that they had one pot and a knife the balcony(if thats what you call it)had a little corner with to rings.It was dirty and the shower was broken and filthy.The toilet was broken and it flooded.After two days and this is the worse bit we had to pay more than what we actually paid for the holiday to come home which i am still paying back.
DON'T GO THERE I ADVISE THAT.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhodes Town
#83 of 126 in Rhodes Town
Nathalie Hotel
Nathalie Hotel
#8 of 126 in Rhodes Town

Been to Carina Hotel? Share your experiences!