See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

I spent a week in the Helena Hotel, everything was excellent. The room and the swimming pool fully renovated, a pleasant atmosphere at the bar and a delicious buffet at lunch made our stay at this hotel a great experience!

Date of stay: May 2013
1  Thank SereBe
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We got a good offer to stay at this hotel from the 26.5 2013 to the 2.6. 2013. and despite all the former critics at Trip Advisor- we took it. To our great surprise, the hotel was new painted, the room also well painted, no loft damage in the bathroom with new showerroom and a new shower. We got new towels every day and the clening was OK .In the cellar totally new toilets and bathrooms. We got the room high up as we wanted, it was room 508,and with a little view to the sea. Morning buffet was good, greek and international food. Not luxury but there was all what we needed. All in the staff were helpful and very kind. It is a hotel near (15 minutes walk) Windy beach and Ellis beach, so we could choose all after the weatherconditions where we wanted to go.

Room tip: We only know the room at 5th floor and we were satisfied, heard no critics from other guests.
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank iris361
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I read some reviews and really do not undertand why the negativity.
I stayed one night and the staff was very kind. Miss Lena (Helena) was sweet and helpful.
The room I stayed at was refurbished and just like the pictures, and was clean. I really did enjoy my stay there, it was a nice suprise actually, since I was expecting something different because of the bad comments.. I got much more than I paid for, the value was excellent.
And no need to take any buses at all, everything is very near, it is very well situated.
I will go back.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Picasso82gr
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Helena hotel was a wonderful hotel, very very clean and the staff was amazing. They were helpful arranging day trips and sightseeing, and were truly some of the nicest people I've met at any hotel! I highly recommend staying here, the breakfast is very good and for the price you can't find better accomodation.Centrally located, you can walk to the beach or to old town in a matter of minutes. Restaurants, shops, etc are everywhere. I recommend this hotel!!

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ioannhs788
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Stayed in the very low season in December. Reading the reviews, I can not tell if I stayed in the same place. I found the owner Constantine , manager Helena and Daniel from the front desk extremely helpfull and friendly. The reception area was well decorated so was the breakfast. The room was a good value for the price I paid. Hope to get back in summer.

Date of stay: December 2012