All reviews hotel deserves excellent location old city maid ac reception fridge rhodes balconies supermarket
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This hotel is the worlds best kept secret! I would love to shout this from rooftops! Seriously...whoever does yor advertising should be fired and I should be hired! I would advertise like a mad person! The world should know what they're missing!!!

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is a perfectly ok hotel considering it's 2 star rating. It's clean, close to the beach - some of the rooms have amazing sea views - and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I have stayed here on and off for 15 years and the only little complaint I have is that the breakfast is not that fantastic. But then again, not even in Hotel Mediterranean do you get good orange juice (and yes I have stayed there too). I usually skip breakfast and go to Finncafé, about 20 meters from the hotel. There you get a breakfast not even 5 star hotels in Greece can provide, at a fraction of the cost - fantastic filter coffee and fresh orange juice and a variety of fresh sandwiches and pies. ALS really is the perfect budget alternative. Also the hotel bar is one of the few bars in the area that actually serves original labels. The location of the hotel couldn't be better. It is beautifully situated in a calm square with palm trees with very little traffic. Free wifi (the surrounding hotels charge for their wifi).

Room tip: Ask for room from the 3rd floor and up with sea views.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank restaurant00009
Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

What's bad: I didn't expect much from this hotel and was still dissatisfied. As others say you can't expect to get new towels every day. Sometimes we had to bring them down to the reception and ask for new ones. The breakfast is a joke. We tried it a couple of mornings but it was so bad that we gave up and had breakfast in one of the local restaurants instead. Small rooms with small beds. I am only about 173 cm and my feet where hanging out. There are chairs on the terasse but no table.

What's good: location..

Date of stay: July 2012
2  Thank Kleiveland
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Just came back from a week's stay in the Als hotel.... The location is great; but the hotel lacks personality and comfort. It was certainly not the cheapest hotel, but it seems they are stuck in the past when it comes to breakfast especially. Terrible coffee, awful "juice"! My advice is to visit a nearby cafe; they serve an excellent breakfast and also provides half of the guests at Elli Beach with good baguettes! :)
Als has not been updated in 20 years, or so it seems...
The maid did a very good job of keeping our room clean, changing towels every day, and even bedlinen twice. I don't think we got value for our moeny here, and will not be recommending this hotel.

Room tip: Book a room at the Cactus Hotel.....
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank ronita67
Reviewed 13 August 2011

It is a cheep hotel and I knew that room wouldn't be much but the thing that disappointed me was that there were no clean towels and they picked the old towels from the floor and served them as new. When I went to the reception to ask for new ones the receptionist gave me dirty ones from someone else. Then I went again and he gave me clean ones.. I hope.
But the next day they took the clean ones and again served dirty ones. After that I gave up.

The small room and the small dirty bathroom were no problem, I knew where I was going. But at least I expected clean towels every two days.

Date of stay: August 2011