“Location, friendly staff and hospitality”
Review of Savoy Hotel

Savoy Hotel
Ranked #95 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed 23 September 2012

The hotel is very close to mandraki harbour, old city and whatever you need. Also the breakfast is over the average. The furnitures and the other equipments are old. The price is perfect. For the young couples who prefers to not stay at the hotel, this place is awsome!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Ozturksoy
There are newer reviews for Savoy Hotel

Reviewed 22 September 2012

We recently stayed at the Savoy for 1 night on our way to Tilos. The hotel facilities are basic but clean and we found the staff very friendly and helpful. Also the breakfast buffet was surprisingly varied for a 2 star hotel. i would not like to spend a holiday here but found it adequate for a stop over.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My wife and I stayed her for a dayitime stay whilst awaiting the Greek airport strike to pass. Our room was dreary with walls in need a a spruce up. The sheets were clean but the outlook from our room was terrible, just walls and windows of other rooms. We paid 45 euros for a grubby room..

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 5,012,841
Reviewed 16 August 2011

The SAVOY HOTEL RHODES is a City Hotel situated near all essential places like Mandraki harbour, with ferry boat port...the central bus station at NEO AGORA only 5 mins walk, the fantastic OLD TOWN about 8 min, several nice restaurants around the NEO AGORA place .My room was clean , every day fresh towels and bed sheets.Room size is Ok , very good french bed , really comfortable , cleanliness perfectly ! The room was equipped with modern flat screen TV , unfortunately only one International Tv station ,,,BBC WORLD. Nevertheless , effective air conditioning system with remote control and mini bar to your own use. On arrival there was a small cold water waiting for the guest...Especially the good cooling performance of the fridge is for the traveller a fine plus...For Greek hotels the standard of the breakfast is almost outstanding , I have enclosed some photos! Fresh orange juice and fruits are fairly uncommon for a budget hotel . The price to performance ratio is well above the normal city hotel during main season , especially for Greek standards. A very pleasant surprise ! The owner and his son look themself for guest convinience . They know how to treat guests! The atmosphere is very relaxed and the place in the middle of the city is yet remarkably calm . All in all, the SAVOY HOTEL RHODES deserves a higher rating...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank arnage17
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Luckily I stayed only one night in this really awful hotel. It is a dreary place, dirty (I even found things in the drawers from the previous clients!) and from my window the view was a wall. The breakfast was quite poor and ants were crawling all over it! It is also extremely expensive, for what it doesn't offer.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
9  Thank Cristina-Baker
Reviewed 17 September 2010

The hotel is right in the center of everything. It has AC, free wifi, and a small balcony. I'll stay here again if I come back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank tunafish101
Reviewed 26 March 2008

Exceeded Expectations. Warm and friendly staff. Room and bathroom were spotless (clean). I stumbled into Rhodes Town in a taxi, after flying from Orlando to Philly to Athens to Rhodes with no overnight stays and was exhausted. The taxi took me to the taxi stand and I spotted a Tourist Info office. Walked in and asked for a hotel. Of course the attendant spoke English and asked me how much I wanted to spend and I said forty, not knowing the quality of room I would get for that. She got on the phone and within a minute I was on my way up the hill, map in hand. Found the hotel no problem although it is on a side street that runs diagonal.

Walked in and was given a key chain with two keys, one is for the door, the other for turning on power to the room for the air conditioner and lights. Needless to say I got situated and laid down, the bed was super comfortable and I slept the sleep of the dead. Woke up and figured out the shower, which was refreshing with ample hot water. Television had satellite, no issues whatsoever there.

Balcony overlooked the back of the property, I was five or six stories up, view was of the back patio and adjacent mid-rise buildings, not much to shout about but the sun did reach it, warming the tile floor and I caught a few rays, just soaking in the country.

Went out exploring the city at night, left everything in the room and gave the front desk man the key on my way out, he returned my passport at that time.

Breakfast was very good and there's a patio with tables to enjoy it. I had a 1:00 pm flight so I went to the beach for a few hours, came back to the room, showered, packed, and went downstairs. I was so overwhelmed with the pleasant experience I asked the clerk/owner to take my picture out front, which he did.

I was there at the end of the 'season', August 27, so my experience may be tempered by no crowds. The owner was super-friendly, with no anti-American sentiment visible, not that I found that anywhere in Greece.

Super clean room, super clean bathroom, air conditioning, secure, and super comfortable bed with clean, cool sheets, and free breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Harplayah