“Best of Rodos with the price”
Review of Savoy Hotel

Savoy Hotel
Ranked #88 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed 17 September 2013

4 days I stayed. first day I got last room, because I didnt make reservation. next day I want balcony room and they arranged. Kind personal, good breakfast. Worth to stay. I think best Hotel for this price in Rodos. İt is very close to Old Town.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is a great family hotel in a good location close to everything and ideal if you are waiting to catch a ferry to another island. Clean, comfortable and very affordable. The staff are friendly and will help with any enquires you have- Highly recommend

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 001Devon
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Just finished 5 days at Savoy hotel.
I had the perfect vacation! This place has everything you need:
The location- in the middle of the city, next to the bus station, the beach and the old town. And! I had sweet dreams. No noise.
The facilities- room with tv, aircon, balcony, good wifi, excellent breakfast (some kind of cheese, bread, fruits, meat, eggs, cereals, veg, etc...)
And really kind staff.
Really enjoyed it!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank David O
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel for just one night (arrived at 7 o' clock pm), because we had to catch a ferry to another island the next morning. We chose it because of its close proximity to the bus station and the harbour (which indeed is very close), and because it was cheaper than similar hotels nearby. The rooms and all of the interior are in urgent need of renovation. I can't say much about cleanliness as the room was so old that I could not really tell if it's dirty or simply very old. We didn't have time to eat breakfast at the hotel, but it seemed ok.
I am not sure if we choose to stay at this hotel again.
I would only recommend this hotel to someone who just needs to spend the night somewhere cheap or has to catch a ferry to another island or bus to the airport. Not recommended for longer stays though.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stella_Petaloti
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Spend 1 days in that rat hole out of the 4 day stay on the island. They claim to have wifi, which is true but the signal is so weak, you have to be in person at the re edition of the hotel in order to have access to the Internet. Worst of all, I had no cell signal in my room even when I walked outside to the balcony! My cell works fine everywhere else!...breakfast is a joke. Even if they paid me I wouldn't find myself in that hotel again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Angelo T
Kyriakosv, Owner at Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Savoy Hotel and for sharing your experience via Tripadvisor
We are very sorry to hear that it was your worst experience ever.
We admit that the wifi was down for a couple of days in May, but we do have a full coverage wifi and 50 Mbit shared line. As about the cell signal it is an issue we never have had before and it is nothing in our responsibility as we are very close to all providers antennas.
The breakfast has three types of bread, 3 types of cheese, ham, salami, turkey, season fruits, 2 types of olives, honey, vegetables, fresh orange juice, eggs, bacon, milk, coffee, tea and more. We are sorry if we missed something.
Another very strange fact is that our rooms are considered as " rat holes" when it comes from an at least 7 times repeater guest.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Savoy Hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Kyriakos Vogiatzis

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We booked into this hotel on the day, as we had not made any previous reservations. The owner was approachable and offered us the same rate as was advertised on the internet. The room was a decent size with a balcony. It was clean, with two towels each and simple toiletries. The advertised double room consisted two single beds pushed together, which we found to be quite common in Rhodes through our travels. There was a small fridge in the room.

We only stayed one night midweek, which was planned. The room we had, overlooked the main road, and unfortunately the noise from the bars below was considerable and went into the early hours.

Breakfast was a simple continental buffet. There was a small choice of breads, pastry, yogurts, cheese, meats, and dried fruit. Tea or coffee and orange juice was available. The breakfast came as standard with the room price and was available from 7-10am. The breakfast room was quiet and there appeared to be the option to sit outside in the small courtyard garden, if the weather had been better.

Staff at the reception were available throughout the night.

The hotel itself was located in quite a good location, being about 5-10 minute walk from the walled Old Town, ferry ports and situated around a further selection of shops, bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms facing out to the main road were very noisy at night
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie L
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We selected this hotel as the room rate was reasonable in the last minute we decided. I was shocked to see that the towel in the bathroom was dirty. I asked the receptionist to change it. Meanwhile, I found out that the toilet bowl was dirt as well! As we had pre-paid, I could not change the hotel, but the room. It took more than we expected, as the cleaning lady was not in the hotel (siesta, I suppose!) and the hotel was run only with the receptionist. Anyway, there are 2 big advantages: good location (walking distance to the old town, marina, and beautiful beaches) and really good breakfast, unlimited fresh orange juice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple