City Center Hotel
  • Beachfront
  • Bar/Lounge
Petit Palais(Rhodes Town)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsold townnice stayelli beachrhodesserbianmaria
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We stayed for 5 nights at this central hotel - making it a base for travelling to and from Kastelorizo. We left one suitcase behind to be collected on our return and the staff were very happy to oblige. The room and bathroom were a good size, comfortable and clean with good wi-fi connection in the room. The restaurant downstairs was convenient for room service and the staff very helpful but the food was nothing special. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank casmarti
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Hotel City Center is located near the waterfront and a short walk from the old city of Rhodes town- plenty of overpriced eateries, coffee houses, icecream parlors and shops nearby.
The hotel itself has a combined internetcafe/breakfastroom, bar and a restaurant "Victoria"- as I was there outside season needless to say it was quite empty. I tried the food in the restaurant 1 time and found it to be average touristy food- pricelevel reasonable for Greece.
The hotel itself is scruffy and getting very old- but from other travellers pics I can see there must be some rooms who has been upgraded. Decor is a bit dated, bed comfortable, tv connection very good, small balcony, bathroom with plent of hot water, free wifi in room working perfectly, aircon and fridge. Cleaning is perfect.
Breakfast was just fine- only complaint is not to mix cheese and cold cuts- fresh bread and hot items on offer. Coffee tasted just fine.
Staff at the City Center hotel were all friendly and helpful and I did enjoy my stay. i would stay again at the right price. Dont expect luxury it is a 3 star city hotel- I would rate it as a good 2 star .
Rhodes Town as such is small and charming- bring sensible shoes for walks in the old town- which is a pearl- but dont buy your coffee there- its bad and very overpriced.. All in all you dont experience much crisis in Rodos- people drive fancy cars, harbour full of private yachts and expensive posh caffees full of people. Another thing worth mentioning is the people itself- friendly, hospittable and helpful.

Room Tip: well i would opt for a high floor room
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Aeronaut65
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Hotel is on ideal location, very close to the beach but also 10-15 minutes from the old town.... Not so loud at night,although our room faced the street, so sleeping was not an issue. Rooms are not so big, but me and my friend had enough space... The only problem in the room is one wardrobe which was too small....
The bathroom is one of the smallest I've seen in some hotel, but the bathtub was surprisingly spacious...
The breakfast was the average one, each day the same food, but it was always fresh...
The restaurant Victoria on the ground floor serves very tasteful and good meals, so usually we had our dinners there...

To conclude: basic, average hotel, but on the perfect location... and for the money it costs, I think it's a good value...

Room Tip: I think that rooms on the street side are pretty much better and with nicer view...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Higgs_boson_srb
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed for 1 week at this hotel on October 2012 and it was the third time I stayed at the same hotel. The rooms are very clean, the furniture a little bit old, but in a very good condition. I always prefer the same hotel when I visit Rhodes with my husband, but, this time, some things were not the same good as the previous times. The most important problem for me is the stuff. Some of them are a bit rude, they never say good morning, good afternoon etc, etc, and generally, they have a strange behaviour. Some times, I was afraid to speak, because they looked at us with a very strange way. Also, I think that many of them are new stuff to this hotel, because I had never seen them before , I mean the previous years. The only exception is the woman who cleans the rooms ( 2nd floor) , the receptionist who works at night ( a very nice and helpful guy!!) and the stuff of the Victoria restaurant ( it is on the same building with the hotel).
Generally , this place is very nice for everyone to stay, very near to the center of Rhodes, the old town, the casino, the restaurants, the shops, etc and also, the cost of stay is very reasonable.
I will probably prefer the same hotel on my next visit in Rhodes, but, now I know what I can expect from everyone there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Eleni K
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Stayed in September 2012 for 1 week, room not renovated, smelly bathroom, towels very very old and they urgently need to buy new ones... in the other hand very good location 2 minutes walking to the beach, restaurants, the old town and the casino. Staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends