“Very central”

Mitsis La Vita Beach Hotel
Ranked #63 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed 25 October 2012

The hotel is nicely cituated 30 meters from the beach. Obviously at the windy side of Rhodes ... Fine lobby and nice and helpful clerks. Our room was kinda small, but fitted us just fine. Nice, though kinda thight bathroom. Good room keeping every day. Some deduction cause of the extremely loud aircondition in the room, but you don't wanna stay in Rhodes without one! There's tons of eating options close to the hotel, some bad and some good. Ask the clerks for tip. They found us a great fish restaurant and the best gyro place in town. A good long walk (20 min) to the old town, but it's good for ya ...
There's a bar street close by, but we never tried it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a seaview. I think there might be two of them ... Never mind - you're not in...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Mitsis La Vita Beach Hotel

Reviewed 17 October 2012

We had a good flight from Gatwick with Monarch Airlines; transfer to Hotel was painless. La Vita hotel self service breakfast was adequate. Room very comfortable; staff helpful and friendly. An excellent self service dinner was taken at the 5 Star Grand Hotel whose bars, swimming pools and evening entertainment were available. Holel on the front - 50 yards from Aegian beach and 500 yards from Mediterranean beach.

Rhodes Old town was fascinating and we had an enjoyable trips to the Acropolis at Lindos.

Room Tip: The sea views are excellent
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I found a deal on Hotel4you.com and although I was skeptical at first,I bought the package deal, this Hotel was recommended by a friend, anyway, the service is A1 the staff is very friendly and I was treated with royalty and if you find a bargain price the rooms and the food are really good, don't let the price fool you! sometimes you don't get what you pay! but actually more then you can imagine.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vangelis V
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Me, my wife and my daughter visited Rhodes for a first time. I choosed La Vita Hotel after reading reviews of other people from this site. My tour-operator: Ofir Tours (Israel) from some reason published two options: regular room and room without a balcony with a difference of almost $100. So, I assumed that the more expensive option will promise me a room with a balcony. But, it turned out that I was just fooled by the tour operator or its provider - Hollidays Lines (Kavei Hovsha in Israel). As we arrived the La Vita hotel, in the reception I was told that rooms with balconies are usually reserved by tour opreators and that my tour operator did not reserve for me any room with balcony and that for that day none was available. So, I got room 702. When we stepped in this room, a heavy smell of humidity attacked our nose. I opened window right away. The smell did not vanish even after an half day after. The ventilation blinds on the ceilling of the bathroom made a strange noise as if there was some animal above them. I think it was because of the wind. The TV remote did not have a batery in it. The tube TV showed a white noise images. I asked for another room and got a room from a second floor. My wife checked that room and told me that it was smaller and looked worse so we decided to stay in room 702. We left for a walk and when returned the room at the evening we were shocked to find small cockroaches at bathroom floor. I went down reception to demand a manager, but the receptionist was smart enough to offer me a better room with a balcony, room 707, despite that I was told that rooms with balconies were not available for that day. We liked the room. There was not a bad smell in it. However, on the second day we saw a small cockroaches in this room also. I went to talk to a manager. The manager told me that there is not much they can do to fight this insects, because of the humidit climate of Rhodes and so on..
In overall: the room was cleaned everyday with a noticable enthusiasm, a cleaning personel was very friendly, rich dinner at the Grand 5 start hotel, where be aware of dress code for men and come with long trousers, three nice pools of Grand hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank IlyaTopper
Reviewed 17 September 2012

If you want a nice balcony and a swimming pool attached to the hotel don't book here, No pool and only a handful of balconys on the top floor and a few small balconys at the back which look like an unfinished fire escape.
That said, if moneys is tight or you just don't like spending it,this is not a bad place to stay. The first room we were given was a bit small and dark, I asked at reception to move which we did the next day,(talking to people reception are helpful in finding you a better room) the new room was clean with plenty of space my only gripe the TV would not give up any english channels and the air/con had moments of souding like a helicopter coming into land (I mended it myself after two days, was only a loose panel).
We did the halfboard, you eat at the Mitsis Grand, which is buffet style,again can not complain plenty of choice 'chip lovers might have to go cold turkey'. Drinks cost 2.50euro bottle water, 3euro fizzy water, bottle of wine 13euro. Tip, you have a window of 2030 to 2130 to eat, ask at reception to eat earlier (going into old town etc) they will alter the time to 1930.
Breakfast is at the La vita again buffet style, can get a bit hectic, tips; get a table first not your breaky, if coffee cups are out put them on your table, if brown baps are in the basket same thing (you get people setting up miniture sandwich making units), that said they seem to keep bringing food out and I found the staff helpful.
Facilities, the beach is just over the road clear sea and nice sunsets, can get a bit windy, calmer waters with less wind are 600m away round the peninsular (kos beach). Swimming pools 2 outside 1 indoor at the Grand are ok, the sunbathing area is a bit limited. The Gym at the Grand disappeared 1 month ago they say it will return in 2 months, hmmm!
Do go to Lindos very hot but worth it. Do go to the Old Town and explore.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FrancisM58
Reviewed 7 September 2012

This was a great hotel for the beach over the road (which isn't sandy and does get windy in afternoon). Breakfast good but a bit manic (get hold of a cup first as they seem to go first). Staff all helpful and dinner in the hotel next door was good value

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Neil M
Reviewed 25 August 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com