“Mini honeymoon”

Mitsis La Vita Beach Hotel
Ranked #63 of 126 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We came to this hotel for our mini honeymoon. A few days before our arrival I read on Booking.com that sometimes there is noise from the street if you stay at the first floor so I wrote them to ask if it was possible to be on the higher floors and got a very pleasent response that they will do their best. When we arrived they checed us in 2 hours earlier (which was great) and they put us on the 6th floor like we asked and we had the best view!!!!! It was so incredible!!! Katherina the receptionest was always so nice and gave us recommendations regarding sights and restaurants. Room was clean, nice breakfast, dinner we had at the Grand hotel (Mitsis also) and it was such a great deal. The only downside was one slow elevator and that was it!! Can't wait for our next visit!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hadas B
There are newer reviews for Mitsis La Vita Beach Hotel

Reviewed 14 July 2013

When my friend and I arrived at this hotel I was initially disappointed as it didn't look very impressive at all but it turned out to be a good, clean hotel. The first person we encountered was the night porter (it was about 12.45 am when we arrived) and Ive got to say he didn't look a 'very happy chappie' at all as he pulled a face when I asked for the remote control for the air conditioning! I then asked him if we could have some water as I thought that there might be at least a bottle in the fridge when we arrived - he said that I could try the supermarket next door and if we couldn't get it there well in his words 'I cannot open the bar for you' so in other words 'tough luck' . Luckily however I did manage to get a bottle before the supermarket closed. Anyway, fortunately, he was the only unhelpful person we came across in this hotel as the rest of the staff were very nice, polite and helpful people. The room was clean and the food was more than adequate but not really 5 star standard - but you have to remember that you are in Greece. This was one of the best holidays that my friend and I have ever had as I think Rhodes Town is a lovely place - it really does have everything, history, nightlife, great restaurants and lovely weather and beaches. Actually while we were there our friends were in other parts of Greece and both had rain which we never had - the weather was perfect. Greece has gone a bit 'pricey' but then again everywhere has and at least in Greece you are getting great food and service. You do have to go across the road to the Mitsis Grand for your evening meal but its no big deal and as I said the food is very nice. There are some great bars in the vicinity and I can definitely recommend the Blue Coyote where my friend and I met some lovely people - it was a great atmosphere and there were 2 men playing lots of 60s stuff and beatles music on the guitars. All in all this a great holiday destination and I really couldn't fault the hotel or the resort.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LFC4EVERLiverpool
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This was my second time in La Vita hotel ( first was 2011 ), i booked it via Kalodoukas travel agency from Belgrade ( recommendation ). I stayed here 10 nights, and, i have only best things to say about the hotel, stuff, and everything else. Try to ignore other comments about dirtiness, rude stuff etc.. Guys in the hotel are trying to help all time, you need to have in your mind that this hotel is 3*sup, and that rooms are without balcony ( main small minus ), but rooms are clean, nice size, and value for money is GREAT.

Location: This hotel is fantastic location for everything in Rhodes town. Across the road from the beach,2 minutes from main city beautiful beach, a short 5 minute walk into the New town and Harbour, and 10 minute walk from the GREAT Old Town.

Breakfast: A very tasty Breakfast at the Mitsis La Vita. A range of cooked and continental breakfast, pancakes, juices. Lots of fruit and choice of teas, coffee and hot chocolate.

Evening Meal: Evening meal was provided at the Mitsis Grand Hotel, just across the street. A huge selection of different foods that varied on a daily basis, everyday you could try something new and was brilliant to discover new tastes and things you could try that you would never had ordered at a restaurant. A lot of fruit selection, and sweets also. You need to know that in the top season restaurant can be little noisy and you sometimes need to wait few minutes for free table, that don't bother us.

Room: Our room was on the 6th floor of the hotel. A lovely spacious room with fantastic SEA VIEW, basic but with everything you needed. 2 singles pushed together to make a large double. Air conditioning is nice. Bathroom was nice with a bath and shower,cleaned every day. Safe also in the room however key available from Reception with a fee.

You need to know that hotel is perfectly located for staying in the Rhodes town, all that you need is around you, beach (two sunbeds and sun umbrella costs 8 EUR per day ), supermarkets, restaurants, car rent services ( Margaritis rent i can recommend, guys are great, new Nissan Micra, 25 EUR per day ), pharmacy, souvenir shops.

Don't miss to go to Lindos, Prasonisi, Faliraki, Monolithos castle, in general, island is fantastic.

Room Tip: Higher floors ( 5 & 6 ), best sea view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PilotBL
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The hotel is located at the very tip of Rhodes and just street away from the beach.The location of the hotel was perfect to see and walk to the old part of town and the port. The room for one wasn't be so nice, small and without balcony but the breakfast and supper were delicious. The staff was friendly and helpful to answer many quastions how to go to Lindos, to rent a car, to find a ferry to Marmaris and so on.

Room Tip: rooms with balcony are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Minatas
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Even though I wanted to stay at Mitsis Grand Hotel (some friends stayed there once and said it was alright), unfortunately it was fully booked, so, instead, I booked my 8 day holiday at Mitsis La Vita through a local travel agency.

When we arrived at Mitsis La Vita at 2 in the afternoon, we were told that there are no rooms available and that we'd have to wait a few hours until they are cleaned. Found that a bit annoying as our booking was confirmed and reconfirmed, and they knew our exact time of arrival.

After a long walk in the area and more waiting in the lobby, at 5 (3 hours later!) we received the key to our room. Was really looking forward to having a shower and lying down for a bit before going out, but, unfortunately, due to the condition of the room, that wasn't really possible. The bed covers were stained, the curtain was ripped off, the floor was messy, the mini bar was broken and empty, the room had no balcony even though I was told it would, there was no soap or shampoo (and you'd expect to be given soap and shampoo at a 4 star hotel!!!), the aircon wasn't working, the TV looked like it came from the early 90s and, worst of all, the room had a really, really bad smell. That is the reason why I had to wait 3 hours, for a room that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in over a month? So, obviously, I went back in the lobby to ask for a different room. The receptionist working that shift couldn't seem to understand what my problem was, so I simply asked for a different room trying not to lose my temper. She told me she will give me another room, but that I'd have to wait for them to clean it. So... after another 30 minutes of waiting, I finally received a new key to what was, without doubt, a better room. I can't remember the exact number of the first room, so others can avoid it, but I do remember it was on the 2nd floor, somewhere close to the elevator, while the second room was on the 6th floor.

Other than this incident, the following days were alright. Breakfast is served at La Vita, while dinner is served at Grand Hotel, a 2 minute walk away. To me this wasn't much of an inconvenience, but I wish I would have been told about this before booking. Food selection was ok, but the place can get really crowded and noisy, so it doesn't really feel like a restaurant, more like a canteen. BUT, what I really didn't like was the way some staff members from Grand Hotel looked down on guests from La Vita, as if we were nobodies. Another thing that wasn't particularly nice was the fact that only La Vita guests had to queue to get in the restaurant (one night had to wait a record 25 minutes!). But I try not to care for these things, so tried to ignore.

The best thing about La Vita is the fact that it's situated in a good area, right next to the beach and a short walk (10-15 minutes) from the old town, which is probably the only reason why I'm giving it 3 stars rating instead of 2. All in all, no way is this a 4 star hotel, definitely 3!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank NastySuccubus
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This hotel, found using a website was very good value for money. Clean, good sized room, nice bath room. Only downside was dining in the next door Mitsis Grand, where we felt treated like 2nd class citizens. Having found the (expensive) red wine rather appalling,we asked for water the following night,but it had to be over-priced mineral water, as we were half board "customers", we couldn't have tap water! Just a niggle really but annoying. Also hotel staff ignored "do not disturb" sign on one occasion to replace towels and woke me up from an afternoon nap. Overall good though. Lady who ran the bar was very pleasant and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Last minute deal to rhodes town .One week , just over £ 300 each half board at the Mitsis La Vita including flights this represented incredible value . So their were a few things I could criticise about the hotel but this would be totally unrealistic and unfair considering what we paid . Worth mentioning though , the evening meals are taken in the adjoining sister 5 star hotel the Mitsis Grand . Again ,whilst the food was perfectly acceptable for us as we were staying and paying for a 3 star hotel ,the Mitsis La Vita it was certainly not 5 star grade food . In fact if I had paid to stay at the Mitsis Grand I would have been bitterly disappointed with the grade and selection of food on offer for evening meals , it is definitely not 5 star dining .

Room Tip: Stay as high up the building as you can and away from the taxi rank on the street below
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family