“The best place for explorers”

Hotel International
Ranked #50 of 129 Hotels in Rhodes Town
“The best place for explorers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

I choose this hotel for its location and didn't regret it. Everything is close by: beaches, Rhodes Town attractions, restaurants, bars, the harbour, but my main reason was the location of the bus stations to be able to explore the whole island are 10 minutes walk.
The breakfast is better than basic, thought I wouldn't mind some choices but I stayed for 2 weeks. There is greek yogurt and cereal and fruit coctail, than kind of ementhaler cheese and greek cheese and one type of ham(?), tomatoe, cucumber, hard boiled eggs, lots of gre coffee and a kettle with tea bags.
I stayed for 2 nights in 103 on the grand floor, not liked at all, than moved to 209 and was an improvement even if it's a smaller room but better view (still don't expect any nice view since this hotel is between others and block of flats) and cosier feeling.
The only problem for me is the echo on the corridors and in the whole building. Probably the tiled floor is the reason but understood it is more hygienic than carpet in this weather. But as a guest on holiday I might want to sleep a bit longer but other guest cannot so I wake up with them when they leave their room with key in, unlock, door open, key in, lock, slapslap on the corridor, down on the stairs. Maybe on higher floor it isn't that bad.
The other best thing in this hotel is the staff, always smiling, helpful, do the best for their guests.
All in all the best choise in this town...if you are like me, explorer :-)

Room Tip: Try to go on higher floors and ask for room number more than 8.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Nelly L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

very good service ,breakfast,staff and good place to see Rodos town.You have everything near you.Bus station for airport.bus station for town,old town, port,night life.Ask whatever and you will have the answer.Good prices everything....

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank harrys-tsag39
Oldsmar, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

We were in #405 and didn't notice at our 7:30 pm arrival that the bathroom window was open. We went out for dinner and while reading a bit before sleeping the lights in the room seemed to draw in the little buggers! An hour and a half after we were asleep my husband awoke and started swatting over 15 mosquitos ... for the next 20 minutes...many of them full of our blood! My husband had 8-9 welts that were truly ugly for the next several days and I had 5-6 nips myself. The top of the shower has ventilation holes; it's possible they might have gotten in ANY way, but since this is the only bad thing I can say about this otherwise pleasant option in Rhodes Town, just be forewarned!
The reception from the older fellow (Prokopis?), a former Astoria, New York hotelier, was warm and kind, as was check-out the following morning. The WiFi in our room was excellent (Jim saw the signal box in our hallway, though we could not get it in the breakfast room), something mighty rare this trip! The breakfast 'bar' was one of the nicest of this trip, and included in the very reasonable 30Euro room rate. We were allowed to leave our luggage in a secure storage room so we could amble about Rhodes Town unencumbered until our late afternoon bus to Lindos. The pleasant young fellow when we returned for them even lent my husband a screwdriver to help repair the handle of one.
All-in-all, if Hotel International could do something/anything about mosquito abatement, even if it requires keeping windows closed and using the air conditioner, this hotel would go from 'Average' to 'Very Good' and 'very recommended' for Rhodes Town!

Room Tip: #405 had excellent WiFi . Don't leave windows open ... at all (use air con)!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wanderlassie
Belgrade, Serbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

The hotel was renovated 1 or 2 years ago (i think), it was unexpectedly good becouse we didn't know that. The stuff are really polite, the location is excelant (very quiet, 3 min walk from Elli beach, 3 min walk from windy beach, 3 min walk from Mc Donald's restaurant and "Fast Food Street", 5 min walk from Old Town, several rent-a-car agencies around hotel...). Hotel is with breakfast only, with same things every morning. Chambermaids clean rooms every day, changing towels, toilet paper if needed, bedding same.... Toilet is very small, bath tub ceiling is very low, so if you are taller than 185cm, you'll have a problem standing in a bath tub. Terrace is quite comfortable, but we haven't spent much time on it becouse of the heat on the Island. AC - we recommend warm :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vanja T
Spalding
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

We were lucky to be recommended to this hotel when our original accommodation didn't work out. The owner Prokopis was so welcoming and the staff always very helpful and friendly. The hotel itself is well located in a quiet side street near to the town and is very clean and well maintained. We stayed for almost three weeks and felt really at home. The continental breakfast was very good and catered for all tastes. The room was very comfortable with A/C and a refrigerator. As we have many friends in Rhodes we visit at least once a year and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back are quieter although it's not a noisy area. Most rooms face either south east...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank RandJSpalding
Sými, Dhodhekanisos, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

Here’s a story about the staff at this hotel: I booked in for a night and reserved the single room with my debit card some days before. The room was fine (probably the only single room I've seen in Rhodes that is actually a single room, with a single bed), the A/C was spot on, breakfast was ok, continental, the staff were really helpful and the location is fine. I’d booked the room as my mother and a friend were taking a late night/early morning flight and I was there to see them off. No one minded that they used my room for showers before they went. Anyway:

The following morning I went to settle up the bill. They’d not taken the money from my bank with the card I’d used for booking, so I handed over the cash. A bit of reception banter followed and I explained that I was heading back to Symi, was wished a good journey and I was on my way.

So there I was happily minding my own and looking at the day-trip boats in Mandraki harbour, on my way to get the boat back home to Symi when I heard someone calling ‘Mister Collins?’ Well, he can’t mean me. ‘Mister Collins!’ Or maybe he can. I turn around just as the hotel receptionist pulls up on his moped. Now I know I don’t have any hotel towels in my bag so it can’t be that. ‘I’m sorry,’ he says, ‘but we have a problem with your booking.’

The problem was: the night staff had actually taken the money from my card and paid for the room, but he only discovered this once I had left. So there he was tracking me down to hand me back the cash as I had, unknowingly, paid twice. Mildly stunned, I thanked him and went on my way. His honesty gave my morning a great big boost. I was glad that I’d told him I was heading to Symi or else wouldn’t have known where I was to be found. He could have been driving around Rhodes, or chasing taxis to the airport trying to find me for the rest of his shift.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank James C
Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Stayed just for one night before heading off on ferry to Symi - ideal for an overnight stay, very comfortable, clean rooms, really close to everywhere I needed to be, and there was no problem with me checking in after midnight. Would certainly stay there again for an overnighter

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo