My wife and I were touring the Greek mainland, then the islands, finally to arrive in Turkey. Rhodes was our last Greek island before Turkey. The moment we drove through the medieval gates to get to Nikos Takis Hotel we could feel the uniqueness of Rhodes. It was like we were back in the Crusades. When we entered the hotel we were blown away. It was so charming and fit right into the mystique and history of Old Town. Our room actually embodied the identity of Rhodes. All of a sudden in our Greek travels we were experiencing a distinct Turkish decor with an exotic and romantic feel, from the canopy draped over the head of our bed to the tourquoise and orange colors and Turkish furniture. We could feel the history of Rhodes, the clash of the East and the West and the interweaving of the cultures right in our room. This was my favorite room of our entire trip.
However, the real story of Nikos Takis for us is the people, George (owner/manager) and Vicky, his assistant. They were exceptionally welcoming and helpful but then a real crisis for us really showed us the quality people they are. As we parked our rental car for the night on a dimly lit street next to a park just outside the walls of the Old Town we made sure we unpacked all our belongings. When we got back to the hotel we experienced a traveler's worst nightmare. We were missing my wife's shoulder bag, including her credits cards, ATM card, camera with all the pictures of our entire vacation so far and her iphone! We were frantic. We raced back to the car and searched every inch around the car where we might have put it down and then retraced every step back to the hotel. Now we were really discouraged. We informed Vicky about it and she immediately called the police in case someone would turn it in. Vicky took a genuine personal interest in helping us and even said on her way home after work she was going to double check the area herself. After canceling my wife's credit and ATM cards we sulked out to get something to eat, all the while Vicky encouraing us that she really thought we were going to get the bag back. We were leaving early the next morning so we stayed out a little latter for our last night in Rhodes. We returned to our room around 11pm with a note from Vicky that our bag was found! George would be back at 6:30 am with the bag to catch us before our boat!
We were overjoyed but mystified as to how did he manage to get it? We awoke the next morning anxious to get our bag back but just as anxious to hear the story. There was George at 6:30am standing by a taxi he had ordered for us with the bag. It turns out that as he called in to Vicky to check on things for the night, Vicky told him about our bag. At that time George was having dinner with the manager of the concession stand at the park where our car was parked. He told the manager about the bag and he called his employee at the stand to check. She informed him that yes, a bag of that description had in fact been turned in! George and his friend drove all the way over that night to get it for us and then came a few hours ahead of schedule to make sure we got it.
Needless to say this is SERVICE far above and beyond what we have ever experienced at any hotel and it follows through to the cleaning staff and the kind and warm complimentary breakfast service.
First of all, don't miss Rhodes (go off season to avoid crowds if you can). Secondly, don't miss staying at Nikos Takis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the heart of Medieval Town of Rhodes, and just a few steps from the Great Magistro’s Palace, and the Knight’s street, you will meet the brand new “Nikos Takis Fashion Hotel”, which was recently created by the well known fashion designers Nikos and Takis. Every single corner in this hotel reflects a great oriental atmosphere with bright colours, and of course all the modern facilities that make it the perfect choice for a short or even longer stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nikos Takis Fashion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Nikos Takis Fashion Boutique
- Nikos Takis Fashion Hotel Rhodes/Rhodes Town