“Really worth the money!”
Review of Lomeniz Hotel

Lomeniz Hotel
Ranked #83 of 127 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Hellas
“Really worth the money!”
Reviewed 8 May 2011

We stayed at "Lomeniz" for 7 nights. When I reserved it, I requested a room with a sea view. When we arrived, we were not given one. I told the receptionist about my request she said that she was unable to read it since the webpage had transformed the greek characters into incomprehensible symbols . We slept in a room that was facing the back side of the hotel (rather ugly) during the first night and the following morning we were moved to a triple room with a nice sea view. The receptionist was very polite. The room was refurbished, quite clean and comfortable. The only problem was the central air-conditionig system. It wasn't effective and it should be individually operated. We woke up because of the mornig heat. We bought the A.I. for one day, the food was not something special, but more than OK for the money we had paid. The location is not the best you can find, but it wasn't a problem since we had rented a car and we went downtown fast and easily. Plus, we didn't have any parking problems. Rhodes was great and this hotel served our needs. If you don't intend to spend much time in the hotel and you want to explore the island, this is a very good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea -view room.
  • Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank CatherineKat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Solihull, England
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Cannot fault hotel. Food was of good quality and plenty of choice. We returned to the UK on 16th October after spending a week All Inclusive and hotel was practically empty. Reception staff very nice. Bar staff not so accommodating. Restaurant staff good and quick to tidy up. Our room was clean but the bathroom very small, however, had all necessary amenities and fortunately you only spend a small percentage of time in there! Only one negative was that it is off the beaten track and no where to go of a night for a walk. It takes about 20 mins to walk to the old town but a little dark to walk of a night. Had a lovely week. To sum up: if you like a good hotel, quiet, no entertainment and good food, then I can highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dorriss51
Cambridge
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Just got back from a week at the Lomeniz and after reading reviews was not looking forward to it and decided I had made a mistake. However, I am happy to admit I was wrong! The hotel (recently revamped it appears) was clean, comfortable and well presented. Clean sheets and towels every day, free air conditioning, sea view. The reception staff in particular were very friendly and helpful. Absolutely loved the Old Town and even though we went there every night I know we still did not manage to see everything. The beach was just across the road, but be warned it is advisable to wear something on your feet when going in the sea. I got a nasty cut the first day but once I found suitable shoes (for only 5 euros) it was fine. The bar staff didnt smile much but we never had to wait long to be served, so that was the main thing. I would stay there again!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank sunworshipper000
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed 25 September 2010

I just came back from Rhodes,Where I stayed at the Lomeniz.
The hotel is located in the harbour area,Zephiros,and is newly refurbished and welcoming.
I stayed in Lomeniz for 5 nights,during all the room was well cleaned,Breakfast rich,well portioned and tasty,and staff that was always attending and helpful with every question.
In my last day at the Lomeniz,my pickup service did not contact me as promised.
A young lady,Georgina,a reception manager - calmed me and promised she will take care and all will be fine,so I will not miss my flight back home.
She contacted the pickup service,afirmed their arrival,and left me a message that all is taken care of. WHAT A SERVICE.THANK YOU GEORGINA.
Night time is a good time to explore the restaurants of fish and seafood in the near by harbour,and since the hotel is located in Zephiros access to town is easy and quick,once you learned the path (Dimocratias).
Well recommended hotel to stay.Great Staff.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank ee0546931232
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Before we went to Rhodes, I read a few trip advisor reviews on the Lomeniz, I was a little bit apprehensive before the holiday, but needn't have been.When we got there we found the staff very friendly, location just a short (10-15min) walk to Rhodes old town, and not too far from the beach.
The food was ok. I have never seen so many ways to use cocktail sausages. But there was always something to eat, and I often had pasta for a starter, meat and veg for a main with ice cream and watermelon for afters. The bar owner was very friendly and chatty, and often about on an evening.
Not much in the way of evening entertainment(apart from music played in the bar), but we often walked into the town on an evening, We both thought the hotel was really good value for money, and we had a great time.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank TazOnSpeed
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Thanks to my friend advice, we stayed one week at Lomeniz Hotel.
The Hotel is recently renovated, clean & well located.
when you want to go rhodes, you have to go Faliraki & Lindos; therefore, Lomeniz hotel location is just perfect to take their roads.
You might ask for a Taxi from the reception & in 5 minutes you'll be in the old town.
If interested to book a nice holiday in Rhodes call Andrea: +306942222206
the overall experience was Very Good.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank cmakhoul72
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We were a group of 10 people who booked very early; the conditions on the vouchers were not met (side sea view was mentioned) and no credit was issued. No honest attempt to accommodate us was made. The rooms were on the first (ground) floor, had a musty smell, the air condition was not provided full time and one of our rooms had no air. To top it all off, there was no hot water for almost 2 days! The bathrooms had a 1970s look, cleaning was not done daily, no vacuum. Towels... whenever. Neither the hotel staff, nor the travel agencies (D&D travel and Elite Tours - the intermediaries - weren't of any help).
Most of people coming to the hotel were very young and generally well behaved. A good note for the open bar - the drinks were long and the rowdiness was under control - good job here!
The restaurant was clean, well run, a general poor selection, but OK.
The hotel is located close to the Old Town - 10-15 minutes walk, away from action.
If you're able to stomach a poor service, but want to see the incredible island, try to stay in the city at a 4 star hotel (generally a 2 1/2 star elsewhere). Double check all the bills - the locals are very creative.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

#13 of 33 in Kolimbia
Belair Beach Hotel
Belair Beach Hotel
#29 of 127 in Rhodes Town

Been to Lomeniz Hotel? Share your experiences!